Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefrothywalrus
Stranger
caregiver feelings
    #441977 - 07/04/10 11:00 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

how do you feel about telling your family that you're a primary caregiver? would it be better to avoid the point?  since most adults don't understand its positive use yet, or better yet, refuse to.

i personally feel no guilt about it, but i also don't wanna hear about the assumed ulterior reasons that i'm doing something.

also, how do you feel about the pricing of your work?  a lot of different elements go into the equation on making it all work, and the quality of the product as well.  should it be based off each patient's personal needs?  because some people may not be as eager to pay full price for quality goods, but money over medicine takes the compassion part out of it.  greed over need?  how can the balance be maintained without people feeling like they're being short changed?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin , TX
Re: caregiver feelings [Re: frothywalrus]
    #441984 - 07/04/10 11:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

you need to erase personal history.

keep yoUr PrOBLEMS to uRselF.

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: caregiver feelings [Re: Homosapian]
    #442132 - 07/05/10 10:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

you ask some very good questions, and ignore the second poster and view his ratings to figure out why)

I am not a greedy type person and think helping is more important than money. As for telling your family it is one of those things that you have to feel out, my mom when she was dieing from brain cancer still called it the devil weed and would not use it now matter what my sister and I said about it, and it would have made her time a lot easier here. Some people are just hard headed and will not even think about it(why this country is so messed up now). I wish you the best and hope you find the answers you need good luck and hope you and yours have a good one

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Edited by Kilroy (07/06/10 10:16 AM)

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Loc: Silicon Sizzle, CA USA Flag
Re: caregiver feelings [Re: Kilroy]
    #442796 - 07/07/10 01:01 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

If you are having to ask if you can tell your family, then I don't think so man. You shouldn't have to ask a question if you feel confident about a decision. Basically all the questions you are asking you should ask and answer yourself. Those are all personal questions you should logically deduct based on locally competitors and what you feel is right.

Personally you don't sound like a business person and I don't see how you are going to make it, given competitors. I hate this medical shit, look you get little girls like this guy who can't even make up his own mind. What you need mommy and daddy telling you what to do?

OfflineRevThad
Bishop of Buds
Male

Loc: Church of Cannabis
Re: caregiver feelings [Re: frothywalrus]
    #448323 - 07/19/10 10:36 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

frothywalrus said:
how do you feel about telling your family that you're a primary caregiver? would it be better to avoid the point?  since most adults don't understand its positive use yet, or better yet, refuse to.

i personally feel no guilt about it, but i also don't wanna hear about the assumed ulterior reasons that i'm doing something.

also, how do you feel about the pricing of your work?  a lot of different elements go into the equation on making it all work, and the quality of the product as well.  should it be based off each patient's personal needs?  because some people may not be as eager to pay full price for quality goods, but money over medicine takes the compassion part out of it.  greed over need?  how can the balance be maintained without people feeling like they're being short changed?

Afternoon,

The first question is pretty easy, at least for me, I had no problems telling my family, but they are pretty open-minded. For those that aren't as open, just tell them that you are helping to produce medicine for folks suffering from (insert list of ailments), and point them to one of the great websites out there that discusses strictly the medical benefits.  If they don't accept it for what it is, it would seem the problem is theirs and not yours to worry about. Know what I mean?

Anytime you take on a new patient, you should sit down and figure out what their needs are going to be, then figure out what your cost is going to be in terms of time for production and delivery.  Find a happy medium between what it is worth to you and what your patient will be able to afford (monthly or weekly), don't try to figure it out based on the old thinking of a gram or ounce costs this much (remember that the way most of the laws are written, you are not allowed to charge for the weed itself, but for the procurement of it).  On average I would guestimate a good perpetual indoor grow would cost you between $50-$100 a month (electricity, nutrients, and possibly water), which would provide enough medicine for your patient, a couple more patients, and even a bit for you (if you are inclined to sample).  Whatever the 2 of your (patient, caregiver) decide on for that part of it put it into writing.  I would also suggest that you add at least 15% overage for what the patient believes they will require, it allows for particularly bad weeks painwise to be treated with more.

The numbers are absolutely up to you, but as you asked earler, did you become a caregiver because you want to help or get rich or alterior motives?  That is a question only you can answer.

I wish you a bountiful harvest,
Reverend Thad

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies