Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

early outdoor flowering
    #435404 - 06/20/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

my boy made a clone n like dec-jan it was kept indoors and under veg lights with 18 hours of light a day
2-3 weeks ago it was brought outside(northern hemisphere)
i was over like 5 days ago and i saw that thing was already flowering.
why would it start to flower?
yes its light was reduced when it went out but nowhere near 12/12
will it go back into veg before then end of July?

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: early outdoor flowering [Re: grod31]
    #435407 - 06/20/10 10:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well my boy, let me try to explain the flowerin process a little bit. Flowering is induced when the level of a particular hormone reaches a critical point. This hormone is only produced at night, or during the dark period. It is destroyed by light during the day. It is important, therefore, to ensure that the dark period is totally uninterrupted by any light, even a few minutes could destroy the process. So your boy probalby had it on some kind of schedule not quite 12/12, but you could even get a plant to start flowering under 13/11, 14/10 maybe even 15/9. As long as the darkness is extended more than what the plant is used to. Don't quote me on that last part, but you get my gist?

Oh ya, If it has started flowering naturally, outdoors on its own, it is not going to go back to veg on its own, only if it was put back into the veg lighting schedule.

It could be some kind of hybrid strain maybe, some bud really early in the year.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Edited by cicken200 (06/20/10 10:38 AM)

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: early outdoor flowering [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #435424 - 06/20/10 11:58 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I would let that thing flower.  Does anybody here know about doing two crops a in a season?  It seems to me like if you got your plants to flower and finish in July they would be danker than ones that finish in October b/c they have more and more light every day.

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: early outdoor flowering [Re: SmOakland]
    #435482 - 06/20/10 05:57 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
I would let that thing flower.  Does anybody here know about doing two crops a in a season?  It seems to me like if you got your plants to flower and finish in July they would be danker than ones that finish in October b/c they have more and more light every day.

I'm fairly sure you have to be like on the equator to get 2 growing seasons out of 1 year.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: early outdoor flowering [Re: Lucid]
    #435495 - 06/20/10 06:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lucid said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:

I'm fairly sure you have to be like on the equator to get 2 growing seasons out of 1 year.

Or using AFs or bringing them inside for the dark cycle or using this guys shit that is apparently already flowering.

Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: early outdoor flowering [Re: SmOakland]
    #435501 - 06/20/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

Lucid said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:

Or using AFs or bringing them inside for the dark cycle or using this guys shit that is apparently already flowering.

yeah with AFs you can get a least 2- 3 crops a year but i would rather one harvest of real weed- i grew out some lowryder hybrids for seeds and after smoking the buds i realized i dont even need that many seeds
anyway yeah. its flowering and ill take pics wit the date when i can visit my boy (probably within 3 days)

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds