Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineglobos
Longtime user, new grower

Stealth - automation or premature flowering?
    #432351 - 06/13/10 08:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I am growing for the first time and I've got a single plant, started in early May. The exact strain is unknown, but she looks quite indica. I'm growing her outdoors (on my own terrace), training her in a SCROG fashion. She would be about 45 cm tall by now, but since she's going around the pot, the actual height is more like 10-15 cm.

Here's the problem: if I leave her alone, she will be ready for harvest in October. This would be optimal. However, my job will force me out of the house for about 1 month in August/September, so I won't be around.

Tomorrow I'm going to get myself a mini-greenhouse for my terrace, and I already bought the parts to set up an automatic watering system (I have other kind of plants besides this baby). So I would stick the pot in the mini-greenhouse, and automation would take care of watering.

However, the idea of leaving the baby unattended for one month makes me quite uneasy. First off, there are people around the house who'd better stay ignorant of my little hobby. The main issue, however, is not getting busted by the officials and keeping the plant in shape.

I thought about giving up on a perfect harvest and forcing flowering, maybe even harvesting when still a bit unripe. If so, I guess I should start right now. Alternatively, I can hide the plant in the greenhouse and feed her automatically while I'm away.

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Stealth - automation or premature flowering? [Re: globos]
    #432815 - 06/14/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If i were you, i would go hiking and find a spot with relatively moist soil below the surface and plant go guerrilla. Last thing you need is to come back to a burnt down home cause of an electrical/water problem. Anything could happen like plants growing up into the bulbs and drying up and overheating and what not or like i said electrical/water problems can cause fires also. Is the risk and worrying worth it?

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: Stealth - automation or premature flowering? [Re: FrozenReality]
    #432910 - 06/14/10 10:48 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
If i were you, i would go hiking and find a spot with relatively moist soil below the surface and plant go guerrilla. Last thing you need is to come back to a burnt down home cause of an electrical/water problem. Anything could happen like plants growing up into the bulbs and drying up and overheating and what not or like i said electrical/water problems can cause fires also. Is the risk and worrying worth it?

what he said.

Offlineglobos
Longtime user, new grower

Re: Stealth - automation or premature flowering? [Re: Lucid]
    #432946 - 06/15/10 03:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for your replies, guys.

Guerrilla growing isn't an option here unfortunately.
However, I'm using no lights - the plant is growing in natural light, so there's nothing that can go wrong with electricity.

How about forcing flowering? How long would it take since the day I start giving the plant longer nights?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag