Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #426913 - 06/01/10 02:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cicken200 said:

he grows in it have very rapid growth and go from seed to harvest in about 3 months, and he said he usually gets 3-4 ounces per plant,

That's exactly what I'm saying. You seem to be stuck on the whole "grow things in half the time" part of the sales pitch when I'm telling you that's a joke.  This plant was clone to harvest in 3 months, 6oz from the one plant.  I would bet $100 you can't best that with the Phototron

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #426916 - 06/01/10 02:46 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Lay the smack down Harry!  I totally wholeheartedly agree.  You simply CANNOT speed up the growth of a plant.  You can reach it's potential, if you get like 95+% of the factors just right, and let me tell you it takes YEARS of growing to get a feel for those "perfect" conditions.

We are NOT trying to hate on you or jump down your throat OP, but the fact of the matter is you are spewing the same claims at us that the reps selling these things would.  Do you believe everything everyone tells you?

BTW that picture is of WET nuggets.  I'd like to see a dry shot, because buds lose at least 1/2 of their size and 70% of their weight after a week of drying before they hit the jars.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: Inverted]
    #426938 - 06/01/10 03:32 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, the post he linked to the guy even says it's 1 pound 6 ounces wet. Thats probably around 5 ounces dry. And they look really airy. He doesn't show any dried or cured pics which is suspicious to me.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#426939 - 06/01/10 03:33 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cicken200 said:
heres the link to the log

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/completed-journals/83398-ragemonkeys-phototron-homeade-bubbler-experiment-northern-lights.html

i mean ive sold alot of weed in my life, and that is definately at least three quarters of a pound.

idc lol i mean i got the thing for about ohhh 10 - 20 bucks maybe 30 idk depends on how much this camera i got with it is worth, but its just a test im gonna have it going right next to the mh so i mean its just for fun, ill see what i get out of it and if its that much worse than the mh, ill just use it as a cloner. but think if i had gotten that plan that guy has in the picture, and when it just started to preflower, took it out and threw it under my high pressure sodium, bam fire, dense nuggets of joy. and thats really all im lookin for.

nuggets of joy.:grin:

You only spent 10 - 20 bucks on what? :confused:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: brifunforme]
    #426957 - 06/01/10 04:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BTW that picture is of WET nuggets.  I'd like to see a dry shot, because buds lose at least 1/2 of their size and 70% of their weight after a week of drying before they hit the jars.

Quote:

Yeah, the post he linked to the guy even says it's 1 pound 6 ounces wet.

My estimate is that he's about a 1/2 oz shy of a qp. 

@ 1.6 lbs = 22 oz's = 616 grams wet
616 * .85 = 523 grams of water
616 - 523 = 93 grams dry weight

I think 85% is a pretty accurate estimation of water loss, it may be a little high but i find it's better to overestimate this number a little.  Hell, considering how dense those buds are the water may actually make up more weight then 85%. 

Anyways, unless that thing is like 6 ft tall I highly doubt anyone is going to pull a 1+ lb harvest with it.  Fuck, I've seen HPS grows that barely pulled more then a couple oz's at the end lol.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: coda]
    #427288 - 06/02/10 12:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

well if i sounded like i believed the bogus claims from the company i wasnt, i was just high and jokin about it probably im to lazy to look at what i said but i'm still excited about it even though it seems like everyone here at the growery despises it.

I only "spent" like 10-20 dollars on the PHOTOTRON probably i think thats what it would be equal to, it was a trade though.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #427290 - 06/02/10 12:25 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I thought you traded a xbox for it??

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #427304 - 06/02/10 12:49 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yeah a xbox 360 costs more than $10-$20 which is it?  :confused:  :facepalm: Are you trying to make it seem like you didn't get ripped off as bad, since phototron are trash?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #427322 - 06/02/10 01:33 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If I might interject for a moment, I think what the man is trying to tell you is that in exchange for his xbox system, he receieved what he roughly estimates to be $200 in various items, to include an as yet unappraised digital camera, in addition to the Phototron 9.

After counting his chips, he believes he's only got about twenty or thirty bucks, give or take, invested in this Phototraption.

:zaphod:

He came to brag about a good deal and got shot down. Everybody likes watching a wreck happen but, this ones over. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #427417 - 06/02/10 08:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

there you go, looks like beetle juice is the only one on here whos got any brain cells left.

You people must be smokin that marijuana plant i been hearin about. Dam hippies

haha jk all i do is smoke weed.

but fuck that stupid xbox anyways, it was just a fuckin trashbox. garbage.
and fuck all the phototron haters, ur all just jealous lol.:tongue:

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #427431 - 06/02/10 09:51 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I wasn't hating on it, Just that I can build myself something better and for about $50.  It will work for you, it just will not do anything the company claims.  It's the same with any fucking product you see that was sold in HighTimes...  Everything they push on you is not to make you a better grower, it's to make them a pretty penny. :shrug:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies