Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe Pschyonaut
Male

Loc: Fire Island, NY
Just put my fucking phone through the wash...
    #424438 - 05/26/10 10:39 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

What'd you guys do tonight?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Just put my fucking phone through the wash... [Re: The Pschyonaut]
    #424442 - 05/26/10 10:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Going to bed.  like right now.  good night and carry on.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Just put my fucking phone through the wash... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #424445 - 05/26/10 10:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Trying to get tired so I am watching the movie "Old Dogs". Robin Williams and John Travolta are in it.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #424446 - 05/26/10 10:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

SMOKED A FUCKING CRACK ROCK THE SIZE OF JUPITER!!!!!!!!!!

:awedrugs:

:twitchy:

--------------------

OfflineThe Pschyonaut
Male

Re: Just put my fucking phone through the wash... [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #424447 - 05/26/10 10:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cannaboid said:
Trying to get tired so I am watching the movie "Old Dogs". Robin Williams and John Travolta are in it.

I'm tired, but not that tired haha.

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
SMOKED A FUCKING CRACK ROCK THE SIZE OF JUPITER!!!!!!!!!!

:awedrugs:

:twitchy:

Sounds like a good night.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#424450 - 05/26/10 10:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Take the phone and put it in a bowl of alcohol. What it does is displace the water and stop some of the water damage that can happen and allows the insides of the phone to dry fast. I did it with my kids phone when she dropped it in a pool and it worked. A washer may be a bit on the in the water for a bit to long range but what the hell you have nothing to loose.

I saw it on the science channel. :shrug:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: Just put my fucking phone through the wash... [Re: Magash]
    #424452 - 05/26/10 11:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Take the phone and put it in a bowl of alcohol. What it does is displace the water and stop some of the water damage that can happen and allows the insides of the phone to dry fast. I did it with my kids phone when she dropped it in a pool and it worked. A washer may be a bit on the in the water for a bit to long range but what the hell you have nothing to loose.

Wow, thats a fuckin great idea:thumbup:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#424453 - 05/26/10 11:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

What's up man?  How you been doing?  Better I hope.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#424454 - 05/26/10 11:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Then there is this one.

Remove the battery immediately! Don't try to turn the phone on or use it in any way. Dry the battery off as much as possible with paper towels and Q-tips. Wrap the battery dry paper towels and set it aside.

Dry the phone off as much as possible with Q-tips, paper towels, etc. Be thorough. Get inside the battery case, between buttons, and inside any connectors going into the phone.

Shake the phone. More water might appear. Keep drying it. When no more water appears when you shake the phone, set the phone down.

Use compressed air or a blow-dryer and blow air into the keypad, the ports, and the battery case. If you use a blow-dryer, remember to hold it away from the phone so the phone isn't damaged or melted by the extremely hot air.

When you have dried the phone as much as you can in all other ways, put the phone into the bowl. Pour uncooked rice over the phone and completely cover it. Let the phone sit in the rice for a day. The rice acts as a dessicant and sucks any residual moisture from the device.

After a day in the rice, the phone should be very dry. Reinsert the battery and power the phone on. There is a good chance your phone might turn on and work. Chances of success improve if you haven't tried to power the phone on while it was wet, and you dry it as soon as possible. Good luck.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineThe Pschyonaut
Male

#424455 - 05/26/10 11:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I just forgot to pick up rice at the store today, I always keep it in my house because when you live at the beach, you gotta put rice in salt shakers and other things of that sort as well as keeping it around for phones. My buddy dropped his in beer last weekend so we used it. His phone works, now i'm fucked, got it sitting infront of the AC. Whatever, I stole my Moms and I'll use this for tommorw until I can get to at&t.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Just put my fucking phone through the wash... [Re: Harlz]
    #424457 - 05/26/10 11:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

Magash said:

Wow, thats a fuckin great idea:thumbup:

Actually I just looked that one up and it suppose to be if you were at the beach and dropped it in salt water. It displaces the water and the salt that would form on the little parts in the phone. I guess it would work with any other water including soapy water.

Then there are these

Simple Steps to Save Wet Cellphone

1. Do not Panic at all – You can save your phone if you follow right instructions at right time. Keep yourself cool and don’t panic at all. The key to saving a wet cell phone is “Patience”.
  2. Remove your cell phone from the water – Water takes no time in getting into your mobile phone. If a glass of water is spilled on cellphone and the phone is connected to the charger, then disconnect the charger immediately. Most damage occurs when the phone is wet and there is a power source.
  3. Remove the battery – Water is a good conductor of electricity. Make sure that you remove the cellphone battery as soon as possible; else the electrical circuit inside your cellphone will get damaged due to short circuit. The circuits will survive in water if your cellphone has no battery or any type of electric power attached.
  4. Remove SIM Card – Contact List is the most important thing that you would like to save instead your cellphone. Some people do not bother to pay for getting their phone contact list back. There may be other important data present on SIM card. To save your SIM card just wipe it off with dry towel or tissue paper. Do not keep your SIM card under direct sunlight.
  5. Remove all covers and external connectors – Make sure to remove all external covers to open up as many gaps, slots, in the phone. This will help you in removing water from every possible area of your wet cellphone.
  6. Remove the excess water –  Shake it well without dropping it to remove the excess water. Using towel is not recommended as it might take time to absorb the water from your cellphone. Instead, use tissue paper and press it gently against your cellphone to absorb the water.
  7. Use Newspaper To absorb Water – Everyone do not have tissue paper at home. Do not panic, in that case you can use newspaper which has got good water absorbing capacity.  Do not panic, if neither of the two is available to you can use small towel as well to remove excess water from your wet cellphone.
  8. Male Vests To absorb Water – If you are looking for immediate action, you may also use male vests to absorb the excess water.
  9. Use ear-buds – There are certain narrow areas inside your cellphone where your fingers cannot reach. To remove water from those areas you can use ear buds.
  10. Use Tooth Pick – Take a tooth-pick and roll-on tissue paper on it and then remove the excess water from narrow areas of your wet cellphone. Make sure that you do not clog the wet paper in the narrow gaps.
  11. Using Vacuum Cleaner - To remove residual moisture you can use vacuum cleaner with precautionary measures. Hold the vacuum cleaner in one hand and place your cellphone on a towel (placed on the top of a table). Maintain a good distance between vacuum cleaner and wet cellphone. If they are too close then your phone or vacuum cleaner may damage as a vacuum can create static electricity. Do not use the vacuum cleaner to dry out your wet cellphone for more than 15 minutes.
  12. Using Un-Cooked Rice – You may not believe that you can save your wet cell phone by placing it in a container of uncooked rice (dry rice) overnight. The rice has an excellent moisture absorbing capacity and would absorb any remaining moisture.
  13. Place the phone on top of a TV – This method may not work if you have LCD TV placed on wall. Instead if you are having TV which emits a low heat from the vents placed on the top, you can put your wet cellphone there. This method may take some time to dry-up your cell-phone but the method can be used in cases where you need to spend some time with your guests instead drying up your cellphone.
  14. Place the phone near microwave - You may place your wet cellphone near the rear vent of the microwave which emits out low heat that might help you in drying up your cellphone.
  15. Place wet phone in front of an air conditioner – You can safely place your wet cellphone in front of air conditioner. Air from an air conditioner is dry, and will evaporate water faster.
  16. Place your cellphone in Sunlight – If you do not have much time to dry up your cellphone then just remove the excess water using tissue paper or towel and then place the wet mobile phone in the area where sunlight is present, say near windows. Do not place your mobile under direct sunlight. Do not place your phone under sunlight for extended periods.
  17. Use Desiccants – Desiccants helps in absorbing moisture to a greater extent. You can go to the stores to buy desiccant. You can ask for “Damp Rid” , “Dry Right”  or “Dry-All”.
  18. Use Silica Packs – You might have seen silica packs inside electronic goods that you have purchased. Those silica packs are rarely used. But make sure you do not throw them. Instead, collect them so that they may be used in removing excess water from gadgets. You can put silica packs and wet cellphone together in a bag and leave them for at least 2 days.
  19. Using Spirit or Methanol – What would you do if your cellphone falls into salty water? If you dry up using the methods listed above then the water may form crystals on the electronic circuit of your cell phone which may cause further damage. After removing the excess water, to remove water minerals, rinse the phone gently with spirit or alcohol using cotton cloth. Alcohol might dissolve the internal adhesives used in electronic circuits. Make sure you do not apply alcohol to those areas. Do not connect the battery until the alcohol smell goes away.
  20. Using Compressed air – If you already have a can of compressed air then you may use it to remove the water from small gaps. Do not think of getting it from computer store. You don’t have that much time. Hold the can straight and push the air (set to a low psi) into speaker, mic, keypad, and hard to reach gaps. This will pull out moisture from small gaps.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#424458 - 05/26/10 11:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I been doing better. One more surgery next month and then there done with that and it's the waiting game for test results.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#424460 - 05/26/10 11:18 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

That's good man.  News could be a lot worse.  I'll say a prayer for ya.  Mini Maggie taking care of everything for ya?

--------------------

InvisibleThreeLittleBirds
A Guy
Male

#424521 - 05/27/10 07:33 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I worked now, this afternoon I gotta go get procedure done at the doctor. Had to avoid food since midnight which is rough working 3rd shift.

--------------------

"Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true........"

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#424568 - 05/27/10 10:54 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
That's good man.  News could be a lot worse.  I'll say a prayer for ya.  Mini Maggie taking care of everything for ya?

Yeah she's running the grow show right now. :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#424602 - 05/27/10 12:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

fuh sho :lol:

--------------------

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#424702 - 05/27/10 03:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

My dad ran his iPhone through the wash once and did similar steps. Still works fine :wink::thumbup:

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Just put my fucking phone through the wash... [Re: ChillWillis]
    #424795 - 05/27/10 07:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ChillWillis said:
My dad ran his iPhone through the wash once and did similar steps. Still works fine :wink::thumbup:

Thats a damn good thing.  I read an article a while back about apple putting censors in their phones to detect if it's submerged in water.  Apparently this voids the warranty.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: Just put my fucking phone through the wash... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #424803 - 05/27/10 07:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

All cells have it , or at least most of them.. Its like a little dotted sticker, and the dots either disappear, or the sticker turns the colour of the dots under high moisture.

Its usually behind the battery, idk where it is on iphones

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Just put my fucking phone through the wash... [Re: Harlz]
    #424805 - 05/27/10 07:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

fo shizzle.  In the article i read some lady had sent it in for a battery replacement and they wouldn't do it and said the censors had gone off indicating water damage.  lady gets pissed goes to news.  news goes to apple, makes it a big story, apple sends two company employees to hand deliver a new iphone to her.  one of the rare incidents where apple helps a joe shmoe out.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom