Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Maturing rates?
    #410301 - 05/02/10 07:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So, I have two plants of the same strain. I started one two full weeks before the other. According to another members grow log, the older girl should be ready to harvest this Wednesday. I have accepted that this is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. She doesn't even look almost ready. I don't know why, she is just going slow.

The girl I started 2 weeks later should be harvested on the 18th (according to his log) and she is looking much more mature than the girl who is 2 weeks her senior! She looks like she really might be ready next week.

Therese no way I could have mistaken one for the other - they are clearly labeled.

The girl who matured faster DID have some LST on her (nothing significant. I just bent her over at a pretty significant angle...she kinda grows horizontally now rather than vertically). Could the LST have matured it THAT much faster?

Or is this a common occurrence in growing?

Also - none of the trichs on either plant have turned amber - but LOTS of the hairs are starting to dry up and turn orange. I thought the hairs drying up was a good indicator of when to harvest? Should I just ignore the hairs completely and focus on the trichs? My 'scope is kinda sub-par, I can't tell if they are milky or clear...but I can sure see they aren't amber yet.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Edited by RasJeph (05/02/10 07:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Maturing rates? [Re: RasJeph]
    #410335 - 05/02/10 10:51 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I go by the trichomes alone.  I never pay attention to the hairs.  If that's the only indicator you have to go by, then of course use it.  But it doesn't sound like that's the case with you.

LST isn't going to have any impact on the length of time your plants are going to take to mature.  When it comes to comparing your grow to someone else's, I wouldn't.  There are so many variables that can affect how fast or slow your plant develops that it becomes, to an extent, irrelevant.  Not to say that it can't give you a general time line.

I've seen the same clones given to 2 different growers, and the end product looked like two totally different strains. 

Just keep an eye on them and harvest when you think it's time.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag