Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Dephects Perpetual DWC SOG Log UPDATED: 05/07
    #393024 - 03/30/10 10:30 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Hello everyone.
So where to get started. I will be doing a DWC SOG. Perpetual harvest sounds nice but when you really think about it there is so much work and waiting to be done. However I think that if you have a solid location and can conjure up two rooms for growing it works out real nice, more so when you smoke a lot like me. With my recent medical status I have bought some clones and my friend brought me another 2 Bubble Jacks (after killing the first one) for letting him send spores to my place, I also gave him a eighth of really good boomers I grew :smile: One is in a DWC with Buddha Grow by RO under a 4' 2 tube T12 shoplight, and one is in some RO soil in my tent. I have a Durban Poison and a ISS clone in RO soil, I took two clones of the Durban and ISS on 3/24 and they are in a dome, I also took 10 clones of the Bubble Jack on 3/28 and they are also sitting in the dome. The round of 10 Bubble Jacks is going to be my first rotation. The bigger plant in the DWC has lots of growth tips so Bubble Jack might be my second rotation as well. I need to get a 8 tube T5 for veg so my moms can grow faster. Also I don't have Bubble Gum yet but I am going to go pick one up at the dispensary soon :thumbup:

Specs:

Current Strains:

Bubble Gum x Jack Flash "Bubble Jack" - Mostly indica, indica dominant - Flowering time 8-9 weeks.

Bubble Gum - Mostly indica, indica dominant - Flower time 8 weeks

Durban Poison - Mostly sativa - Flowering time 8-9 weeks.

Island Sweet Skunk - Mostly sativa - Flowering time 9-10 weeks. - This is one where if I put it through, on the last rotation I will have to wait a another week (3 weeks) before I rotate again.

Veg Chamber (not built yet)
Dimensions: 2.5'x5'x4'
Lighting: 1 x HydroFarm Designer 4' 8 tube T5 w/ 6500k tubes (not bought yet)
Ventilation: Small oscillation fan, I want it closed so I can have the possibility to inject CO2 into the mother and clone tent.

Flower Chamber
Dimensions: 2'x4'x5'
Lighting: Cool Tube w/ 400w Lumatek Digital Ballast
Ventilation: Soler & Palau TD150 6" Inline Duct Fan + Can Filter (not bought yet)

Hydroponics System
8 Regular Buckets with 5 3' Net Pots each
Nutrients: Roots Organic Liquid Nutrients by Aurora Innovations
Pump: Large ActiveAir Commercial Air Pump with a 8 slot splitter
Medium: Hydroton

Some pictures for your enjoyment :smile:
I know some lack quality.

My nutes, I need like 5 more parts.

The bush of two Bubble Jacks my friend brought me

Some fat leaves :smile:

This is the biggest Bubble Jack. Also the healthiest, she likes her new nutes :smile:

My clones :smile:
2 Durban Poison
2 I.S.S.
4 B2 (Bagseed that I chopped)
10 Bubble Jacks

I.S.S.

Durban Poison
It has a purple stem :smile:

The other Bubble Jack girl, struggling through the hydro to soil transplant. Its all I had so it had to happen.

Right next to the beauty

That's it for now :smile:

:awehigh:

Edited by Dephect (05/07/10 12:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiluvdank
vapetoker

Re: Dephects Perpetual DWC SOG Log [Re: Dephect]
    #394602 - 04/02/10 12:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

nice:popcorn: is that san pedro cacti in there?

--------------------
:mushroom2:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dephects Perpetual DWC SOG Log [Re: iluvdank]
    #395322 - 04/03/10 03:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Indeed it is. I found it at Home Depot on the ground. It was only $20 for two good sized pedros in one pot so I got it. It also serves as some protection of the plants from my cats :smile:

Edited by Dephect (04/03/10 03:18 PM)

Offlineiluvdank
vapetoker

#395416 - 04/03/10 06:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

nice i didnt know they sold those at home depot thats the shit:cool:

--------------------
:mushroom2:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dephects Perpetual DWC SOG Log [Re: iluvdank]
    #398355 - 04/08/10 01:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Just a small update.

Roots have started to pop out of the bottom of the net pot, I have been having weird problems with the Roots Organic liquid nutes, like pH fluctuating, it would start really low and I would add a little up to fix it and within a day or so the pH would be at 7-8 where the water was originally, it burned my plant a little but roots still started to show using this, they are true organic liquid ferts the grow formula would leave lots of sediment in the res.

I decided to keep the RO nutes for my soil plants because I use Roots Organic soil and they love it but I went out and bought some GH FloraNova Grow for my hydroponics. I have realized that a lot of people on this site use it with good results, also I really don't have to fuck with the pH that much, I mixed it and the pH came out a 6.0 yellow and I added a bit of pH down to it and made it a golden orange yellow in between 5.0 and 6.0 just in case it raises a bit in the week or so. Also since the roots have started to show I dropped the water level down from 1.5 - 2.0 gal to 1 gal (she is in a 3 gal bucket). So far my Bubble Jack mom likes it, I have looked a few more times and have seen lots of new root growth in the past day or so.

The two Durban Poison clones died :frown: Ill let the mom grow out a bit more. Maybe repot her and get her on some heavy RO nutes.

The two I.S.S. Clones are still standing I hope they show roots soon. I might just flower the I.S.S. mom and clones because I really don't want the strain in my collection due to lengthy flowering times. I want sativas with shorter flowering times like the Durban :jointsmile:

2 of the Bubble Jack clones died but I have 10 that are showing mad roots on the stems going into the grodan cubes. Hopefully within the next week or so I can get them in some DWC buckets :smile:

I am also ordering my 8 tube T5 soon so I can get some amped growth :thumbup:

Pics to follow in the next day or so.

Peace.

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #398616 - 04/08/10 11:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry to hear your DP Clones didnt make it...

Can't wait to see your mom mature

--------------------
x:tongue:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dephects Perpetual DWC SOG Log [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #398635 - 04/08/10 11:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Its okay. There is always next time cloning time. I really want some more Durban Poison, its my favorite for getting shit done. I love vaping like 3-4 bowls of Durban and drinking a double espresso. :eek:

One of my I.S.S. clones just popped a root out tonight. I am down to 9 Bubble Jack clones, I was trying to straighten one out since they are a little curved and it just snapped. I was like :facepalm:. Pulled the bottom out of the root cube and there were tons of roots on it. I am guessing only a few more days before my Bubble Jack clones are going into their medium :smile:

Should I throw them in soil or throw them in the DWC buckets? I am debating on which one :smile: DWC will def produce more yields but I feel organic always has a certain earthy flavor to it that is wonderful.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #398900 - 04/09/10 01:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Update!

Current Nutes:
Roots Organic for Soil
FloraNova for Hydro

Bubble Jack Mom :jointsmile:

Still need to get a the big T5 for my veg.

Here are her roots.

Is the red normal? I am using Flora Nova so I thought the solution might be coloring the roots a bit.

I.S.S. I decided I am going to keep her. She looks like a promising mom and I am going to try to include this strain in my perpetual harvest.

Durban Poison

Here are all the remaining clones. I am just going to leave them alone for now. Also I decided for right now I am just going to throw my clones in soil and throw them in flowering until I get the hang of the hydro thing.

I.S.S. Clone

Bubble Jack is such a rapid vigorous rooter. Check these pics out.

That's the good stuff for now. Here are a few bonus pics.

Here is my Habanero, its exploded since I have been giving it Roots Organic

Here is my pedro :smile: Have been having lots of new growth :smile:

That's it for now.

Peace.

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#398904 - 04/09/10 01:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Nice! Looking good man cant wait to see what comes out of that Durban Poison :]

Those clones are lookin hot as well. WHOOP!

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dephects Perpetual DWC SOG Log [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #400070 - 04/12/10 12:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Just a little update.

I love hydroponics :smile: and here is why:

Good looking plants :smile:

and fast growing roots :jointsmile:

Probably going to take more clones soon, and maybe also up the nutes in the res. I am at 1 teaspoon per gallon(5ml) of the FloraNova Grow, I will up it to 1 1/2 teaspoon per gallon first then up to 2 teaspoons per gallon.

That is all.

Edited by Dephect (04/12/10 01:32 PM)

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
    #400149 - 04/12/10 02:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

looking awesome man!

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dephects Perpetual DWC SOG Log [Re: helmet]
    #400253 - 04/12/10 06:03 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks!

Oh yeah its also probably a good idea that I upgrade to a 5 gallon bucket soon before it starts to get too rooted in there.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #406029 - 04/23/10 09:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So I am sure some of you know that my 400w Lumatek Ballast went out. I had the clones under my HPS for the first week as a transitional period and the damn ballast burned out over a single night. I have everything under a 4' 2 tube CFL in the tent to catch as much light as possible, minus the clones which are now under a single CFL tube outside of the tent. I honestly like my tent for veg. There after I put the fluorescent in and moved the fan down and put all my vegging plants in there the humidity kicked up. I went to open my tent and I was confronted with a moist smelly air of goodness :smile:

So all in all I won't let this minor event get me down. I just have more time to produce more clones now before I get the real grow going :smile: So when I can actually flower again I will have that whole tent filled. The homie at the grow store said he would help me send it in and get it fixed, it will take about 3 weeks and if its not fixed they will just credit it to the store and get me a new ballast, but whatever. So in that time I guess I should buy my new T5. I need it! My mothers growth rates depends on it! Anyways more pictures to come.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #407339 - 04/26/10 09:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

04/26/10

Okay. Here are some more current pictures of my cramped garden.

I have been experimenting with a ultrasonic humidifier in the tent.

RH was at 75%+ I moved it down to 60 because when I open my tent some of my rooted plants would start to wilt and it scares me.

Here are some of the rooted clones. Some still in the CoCo perlite mix and 5 in the DWC.

And some more clones being rooted

My new HydroFarm Air Pump. Commercial Grade. This thing blasts air.

Bubble Jack Mom. She is out of control. I need to take more clones all ready! If I had my HPS I would have just started flowering her by now to make up for the loss and have bud to smoke for a few months.

Look at this root mass  :rolleyes: This is for Harry :smile:

Durban Poison

Island Sweet Skunk

That's it for now :smile: Let me know what you think. Honest constructive criticism, advice or ideas to make my garden better from the super veterans is always appreciated.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #409424 - 04/30/10 11:27 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Getting a new ballast today. Finally

Getting some bloom nutes as well. Initiating flowering tomorrow. Or within the week at least

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #413463 - 05/07/10 12:58 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Okay update:

I took lots of nice clones and got one in particular that I am keeping for a mom if I like this strain and now I am going to flower my DWC Bubble Jack mom. I want only Bonsai moms because I love the compact nature of them, plus I love Bonsai :tongue:

So here she is.

Day 2 of Flowering

Day 4 of Flowering
This one I got before the light fully lit up.

Currently she is on 5ml FloraNova Grow, 5ml FloraNova Bloom and 2.5ml of Liquid Kool Bloom. Tomorrow I am going to flip the nutes over to 10ml Bloom and 5ml Kool Bloom.

I also found some spider mites on my ISS mom a few days ago :sad: I HATE FUCKING SPIDER MITES. I have been spraying my garden 1-2 times daily with Ed Rosenthal's Zero Tolerance. For the most part its being keeping them at bay. This all happened when I brought some eggplants home from a nursery, I think that might be the cause of them. I am lucky they didn't infest the mom I just flowered. They don't seem to like the HPS for some reason, just the plants under the fluorescent.

Is there a sure fire way to get rid of mites completely?

Updates will become more frequent now.

Peace :sunny:

Edited by Dephect (05/07/10 01:02 PM)

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #415798 - 05/11/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Flowering Day 7

She is really starting to stretch.

I might cut some of the branches that are inside and on the side getting no light today.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies