Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Gravity and Snowstorm!
    #405089 - 04/22/10 12:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So, I've returned from the hydro store. I got 8 oz each of gravity and snowstorm ultra.

Now...I KNOW I've read that both of these are very, very sensitive products (more so with the gravity)...so, I'm not quite sure how to feed with them. The label on the bottle isn't very helpful. It kinda has some cryptic sentence fragments about what to do.

Snowstorm, I know I am good to go with. I read that its kinda hard to over-do it with this stuff. Do I just mix that in with my other nutes, or do I need to adjust for that?

The Gravity...it says to feed in 2 consecutive waterings, 3 weeks before finishing up. So...does that mean feed it the gravity twice 3 weeks prior to finish, and then not again? Or...what? I know I'm supposed to reduce my nutes for the gravity...how do I go about that?

Also - I think I got the gravity just in time if I need to feed it 3 weeks before finish. Very few...less than 5% of the hairs are starting to orange up. So, does it sound like its the right time? When I compare my grow to another of the same plant, same seeds, it SHOULD be finishing up in 3 weeks...but I think its a little behind.

And finally...should I be OK to feed BOTH gravity AND snowstorm?

Thanks a bunch for helping me through this grow guys. Almost there :laugh: Next time should be easier - although I will be starting from clones :cool:

Edit: I'm reading on another site that it'd be best to foliar feed with both of these...I mean, just how easy is it to fuck up? Do you suggest I feed 1/2 strength at first and gauge my plants reaction to the gravity?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Edited by RasJeph (04/22/10 12:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Gravity and Snowstorm! [Re: RasJeph]
    #405143 - 04/22/10 02:25 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The Snow Storm Ultra can be added to your everyday feeding no problems.

The Gravity on the other hand is best used alone at around 1 to 2 mls per gallon for 2 to 3 days at a time.

I myself do this at the beginnings of week 5 and 7 on 8 to 9 week plants, with sativas I use it again aroun week 9 as well.

Not everyone does it that way, but I love the results I get from it.

I'm not a fan of foliar feeding because it's possible to sunburn your plants if done at the wrong time of the light cycle.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Gravity and Snowstorm! [Re: Stoneth]
    #405160 - 04/22/10 02:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I read a big 10 page thread on Gravity, and I feel like I've got a better hold on it now.

So...1 to 2 ml per gallon? Is that for hydro? Because I'm growing in soil, and it recommends 5 ml per gallon on the bottle? :confused: But the bottle DOES say 1 or 2 ml for hydro.

I skipped it for today. It seems like I need a 100% opinion on this before I give it a shot.

Gave the later on girl just snowstorm in preparation for the Gravity (prolly starting Saturday) and added some snowstorm in with my normal nutes for the other younger girl.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #405234 - 04/22/10 03:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I'm a hydro guy, can't help you much with soil sorry.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Gravity and Snowstorm! [Re: Stoneth]
    #405254 - 04/22/10 03:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Yeah I'm a hydro guy, can't help you much with soil sorry.

Its all good :cool:

Since you quoted me exactly whats on the label (except the hydro part) I'm going to assume the soil part is accurate as well.

I'm still going to wait a few days to feed it...so feel free to kick in with any additional info guys. Thanks so muchhhhhhhhh :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #405257 - 04/22/10 03:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What kind of lights are you under again? You're definitely going to want to raise them a little bit at least for safety.

Good luck!

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Gravity and Snowstorm! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #405260 - 04/22/10 03:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
What kind of lights are you under again? You're definitely going to want to raise them a little bit at least for safety.

Good luck!

Yep yep. 150w HPS. Its going up 6 inches...which is good, because one of my other girls keeps getting too damn close to it :lol:

Its cool. I'm gonna be doing some room construction in the next few days...gotta put in some more hangers so my light-bar can go up higher. And, since my room is divided in half anywayyyyyyyyy, I'm going to be rigging up some sort of cloning room in the other half. Got my cloning stuff today too, but I feel like I have a pretty good idea on how to do that :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #405300 - 04/22/10 04:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

make sure to cut back the dosages of your nutes by 1/2 when feeding with gravity.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gravity and Snowstorm! [Re: coda]
    #405888 - 04/23/10 12:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I initiate my Gravity feedings when I see the first amber trichomes.  This tends to work out well in the time-line regardless of whether the plant is sativa or indica.  I always only do 2 consecutive feedings with it, 3 doesn't seem to change anything.  I use it at 1/2 tsp/gal (2.5mL) and reduce nutes to 1/2 what they were getting prior to the Gravity feedings.  I too grow in soil, so the next watering after the 2nd consecutive Gravity feeding starts my 2 week pre-harvest flush. 

It works very well.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Gravity and Snowstorm! [Re: dutc2006]
    #405923 - 04/23/10 02:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

dutc2006 said:
I initiate my Gravity feedings when I see the first amber trichomes.  This tends to work out well in the time-line regardless of whether the plant is sativa or indica.  I always only do 2 consecutive feedings with it, 3 doesn't seem to change anything.  I use it at 1/2 tsp/gal (2.5mL) and reduce nutes to 1/2 what they were getting prior to the Gravity feedings.  I too grow in soil, so the next watering after the 2nd consecutive Gravity feeding starts my 2 week pre-harvest flush. 

It works very well.

Thank you! I'll do my first watering with it tomorrow...I'll get a before and after, and if its a significant enough change, I'll post a picture.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#406105 - 04/24/10 08:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Just a quick report-in...I can't believe this snow storm shit. I used it literally only a day and a half ago, and I already see results from it.

Its not just placebo either...my younger plant had 0 frost on it when I fed it to her the other day...and today, its already starting to get a fine coating on it. I wish I had a camera with a nice macro, I'd have documented it...

I used the Gravity on my other plant just today...I guess we'll see what happens.

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #406189 - 04/24/10 12:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Nice!  Within about 3 days after using the gravity for the first time your buds should become hard to the touch, the sugar leaves coming out of the buds will become stiff.  Check back and let us know if it happens.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Gravity and Snowstorm! [Re: dutc2006]
    #407483 - 04/27/10 06:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Again with a bump. 3rd day after feeding with gravity, and I can't really see any physical change (although I didn't take pictures :mad2:) but the buds ARE noticeably harder. I gave the second watering yesterday, so in a few days I'll report back again with further results.

The other plant which has been getting snow storm every watering (even on the no-nutes days) is looking a lot more frosty than when I started, as well as a lot more frosty than the other plant which is a few weeks senior to her. I've been reading on the autoflowers and since they have the ruderalis genes, they don't get as frosty as other plants.

I'll feed it to my master hindu kush and we'll see how that goes :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom