Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers.
    #400672 - 04/13/10 02:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Just hiked my ass all around the forest looking for the perfect spot for this summer. I think I found it. Tell me what you think.

This pic is the first spot I found. It's much smaller than the second but still gets plenty of light.

The second spot is little deeper in. They both have water so hauling gallons through the forest won't be an issue. Most of the trees have submerged and died so I won't have to worry about the trees filling in and blocking out all the light.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #400680 - 04/13/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Its a little open, but as long as your sure no one else is gonna bother walking out there, I'd say it looks like a good spot :thumbup:

Get out there and start digging that sod up!

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. *DELETED* [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #400741 - 04/13/10 04:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: f

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #400796 - 04/13/10 05:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Definitely in the open, which is why I picked it. Last year there was so much rain, most of my plants were overgrown by the other vegetation. Not going to happen this year.

I found this spot on Google Earth. It just looked like a big open area with grass. Boy was I wrong! I put the coordinates in the GPS but didn't realize I had to convert the inches on the coordinates. Soon as I got out there I realized I was WAY off.

I wrote down the compass bearings before I left so I tried that. Unfortunately, the GPS compass isn't very accurate in the woods. I was already there and have a pretty good sense of direction, so I decided to wing it.

Came across the first area and marked it. Then I searched for the big one to no avail. So I navigated back to the first spot and noticed some trail markers going around the first spot and into the woods. I followed it right to the big spot. I followed the markers back out and it led me close to where I parked by a tree stand.

Hunting doesn't start until November and I should be done well before then. Not really a fishing spot so I'm not worried about that. Plus it's a bitch to get to. It's quite deep in the forest on the back side of a HUGE farm that I never see anyone on until harvest. To the East is where I live (a few miles away) and to the West is nothing but 100+ miles of forest so no one is coming in from the West for certain.

I'm going to haul some buckets out there and sink them about half way in the ground. The plants will be spaced by a minimum of 100 ft. for aerial security.

Totally a SWEET SPOT!!!!

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #400801 - 04/13/10 05:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You've got a lot of work to do, I will be looking for progress on this one man. :yesnod:

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #401490 - 04/14/10 07:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Tell me about it. Hauling the dirt will be the worst part. It's times like this I wish I had a chopper. Anyone know where to get 5gal. bucket lids?

This season will be the hard one. Getting the plants through the woods without damage will be the hard part. Once I get all the gear out there it should be cake next year.

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#401493 - 04/14/10 07:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You can get the orange 5gal. lids at the Homer Depot for like a dollar or two each.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. [Re: DieselB]
    #401537 - 04/14/10 08:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Lmao. I hope thats not near any lakes in Upstate NY. Because I can think of a place thats exactly like that, and I know for a fact a few others grow there...

If not, you're prolly all set :thumbup: I just know we have some wanderers around here that definitely plant in a swamp that looks identical to that. They prolly all look the same though :shrug:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. [Re: RasJeph]
    #401707 - 04/15/10 06:22 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

DieselB: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Unfortunately, there are no Home Depots within 200 miles of me so I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks. Everywhere I check around here has 5gal. buckets but NO lids. How fucking stupid is that?

RasJeph: Think further north. Like in the North Maine Woods. They might call Maine Vacationland but trust me no one vacations this far north. No one who wants to enjoy their vacation anyway.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#401726 - 04/15/10 08:16 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hahah. OK. I'll snap some photos of the spot next time I go out there to show you. Its a really sweet spot to burn.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #401727 - 04/15/10 08:16 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Looks good doc.

Haulin in soil is my least favorite part of the process as well.  This yr is gonna be great I can already tell!

How are the ticks up ur way? They're fucking brutal down south...I went plot searchin the other day and was peppered with the little fuckers by the time I left the woods.

What are kind of strains you rollon with?

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #402422 - 04/16/10 05:56 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
How are the ticks up ur way?
What are kind of strains you rollon with?

:rofl2: I know you're not going to believe me when I say this Joe, but there are NO ticks this far north ever!

In all the years, and all the times that I've tromped around in the woods up here; hunting, fishing, hiking, etc.; I have never found a tick. They don't exist this far north.

I once thought I saw a (red)tick before but upon further research it just happened to be a red velvet mite (that wouldn't bite me). They feed on other bugs apparently.

I know that this doesn't sound possible but it's true. I know this to be fact because ticks are my second least favorite life form on this Earth (right behind fleas, which we do have just not very bad). I hear exactly what you're saying though because whenever I go in the woods down there I always end up with a couple. Which freaks me the hell out; I'll admit it. I always do a through search of myself (and my g/f) whenever I leave the woods down there. They really sketch me out and give me this feeling that I only get from seeing a flea or tick. It's stupid, I know, most people are scared of bears when they go in the woods; I'm scared of fleas and ticks. :cuckoo:

I'm going to be using the seeds from the fast finishing strain from my first grow for outdoor (the one I have flowering currently). Plus a few other random seeds. Couldn't actually order any genetics because I spent all my $$$ on indoor equipment. Next season I'm thinking of doing some Critical Mass.

The seeds I'm using should be feminized for the most part. I'll just have to watch for hermies. They are going to be spaced enough that even if I do miss one, it shouldn't affect the others.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#402487 - 04/16/10 06:33 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

LUCKY! I hate ticks! For fucks sake. I had never even seen one in person until last year or so...this year, its only April and I've already had 3 or 4 of them around me.

Fuck, its a terrible year for them...I assume.

--------------------

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. *DELETED* [Re: RasJeph]
    #402690 - 04/16/10 11:10 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: k

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #402700 - 04/16/10 12:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hahahah. Holy shit, 10?

Fortunately I stay on trails that are cut back pretty well for the most part. I've heard ticks only really lurk in tall grass (not sure how true that is) so I try to avoid brushing up against anything taller than shin-height.

Certainly cuts my adventuring motivation :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. [Re: RasJeph]
    #402947 - 04/16/10 06:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

10 IS a lot. That would be enough to give me the heeby-jeebys for a week! :uhoh:

Here's a snippet from wikipedia.org: Ticks can't jump or fly, although they may drop from their perch and fall onto a host. Ticks can detect heat emitted or carbon dioxide respired from a nearby host.

This is always what I was told. They live in the trees and when they sense your body heat underneath them, they drop onto you. Wiki says they lurk in tall grass and shrubs too but I was always under the impression that they live in the trees. Learn something new everyday.
:themoreyouknow:

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #403130 - 04/17/10 10:11 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You know I actually discovered that recently.I was at a doctors office and  glanced at a "tick chart" of our state which labeled the areas where they are located most. Pretty much anything north of the central region of our state has no ticks. That's pretty fucking odd if you ask me...still can't figure that one out. So you are lucky!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlinethe man

Re: This year's new Outdoor Spot! Gotta love beavers. [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #404024 - 04/20/10 03:34 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

canada has ticks so pretty sure you all do! perhaps real wet places there may be less

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds