Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Man Says Judge Arrested Him 'On a Hunch'
    #400118 - 04/12/10 01:50 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So how is this, you go to a court session as support for your friend. While sitting in court listening to the case the judge turns and has you arrested on suspicion of being under the influence. Makes you take a piss test, and depending whether or not it is clean or dirty depends on if you walk out of there on your own or with 2 deputies assistants and new bracelets

:shrug: what is America coming to?

This taken from: http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/01/04/23297.htm

Man Says Judge Arrested Him 'On a Hunch'
By LIZ POTOCSNAK

NASHVILLE (CN) - A judge in Dickson County, Tenn., had officers pull a spectator out of his courtroom "on a hunch," held him in custody and made him submit to a urinalysis for drugs, the man claims in Federal Court. Benjamin Marchant claims that General Sessions Judge Durwood Moore admitted that he "routinely drug-screens 'spectators' in his courtroom if he 'thinks' they may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol." Moore allegedly called it the "routine policy of the court."
    Marchant says he was in Moore's courtroom supporting a friend, when Moore ordered officers to take him into custody. They grabbed Marchant, allegedly without any evidence of illegal behavior, and took him to a different place in the courthouse where he was made to submit to a drug screen urinalysis. He was released from custody when the results came back negative.
    In response to Marchant's judicial ethics complaint, Moore allegedly said that plucking suspicious spectators from his courtroom and screening them for drugs was "the routine policy of the court."
    Moore acknowledged he had violated Marchant's rights and was censured by the Tennessee Supreme Court's Judiciary Court on May 1, 2009, the highest form of punishment short of seeking a judge's removal from the bench, according to the complaint.
    The court ordered Moore to "never violate a person's constitutional rights as he did to the Plaintiff," the complaint states/
    Marchant also sued the officers who took him into custody, stating: "Only a plainly incompetent officer or a knowing participant would have taken place in such unlawful and unconstitutional procedures."
    In Marchant's view, "the facts of the case are not subject to dispute or else the Defendant, Durwood Moore, would have disputed them when his career as a judge was in jeopardy."
    He wants punitive damages for denial of his due process rights, outrageous conduct, violation of the Tennessee Human Rights Act, assault and battery and false imprisonment.
    The Dickson County seat is Charlotte, Tenn.
    Marchant is represented by R. Todd Hansrote.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Man Says Judge Arrested Him 'On a Hunch' [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #400119 - 04/12/10 01:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Police: Pot in son’s Elmo bag gets dad busted
Taken from here:
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/90342359.html?cmpid=15585797

Don't expect Sesame Street to ever come out with anything labeled "Smoke Me Elmo."

But that was the a Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV online headline after a Southwestern Pennsylvania man was arrested for allegedly showing up at an elementary school to retrieve nearly four ounces of marijuana left in his son's Elmo backpack.

"It was something dumb," Ronald Washington, 33, told the troopers who took him into custody yesterday, according to police.

Officials at Menallen Elementary School in Uniontown, Fayette County, became suspicious after Washington called to ask if his son had arrived, because something was accidentally left in the kindergartner's backpack.

Inside the blue bag were two other bags - plastic baggies containing 105 grams of marijuana - along with the 6-year-old boy's homework, police said.

State police were waiting when Washington showed up that morning.

"Upon police arrival, a very strong marijuana odor was being emitted from the bookbag," according to a news release.

"I don't think it was his and that's the truth. It's a big misunderstanding," Washington's sister, Carol Patterson, told KDKA-TV of Pittsburgh.

"I'm taken back by it," she said. "I believe it was a mistake. He's raising two kids by himself and he does pretty well as a father, single parent. So I think it was a mistake."

Washington was charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver, and disorderly conduct.

He was being held at Fayette County Jail after failing to post the $100,000 cash bail.

The district judge said the high bail was justified because the drugs were found at a school, according to KDKA-TV.

A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Wednesday in Uniontown.

What an idiot!!

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Man Says Judge Arrested Him 'On a Hunch' [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #400121 - 04/12/10 01:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

wow.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Man Says Judge Arrested Him 'On a Hunch' [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #400142 - 04/12/10 02:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

No dout about that!

That is some crazy shit about the judge! I could not believe stuff like that was going on there. Then i wonder how long it actually did go on and how many people were falsly imprisoned for the breach of rights? Just amazing!

Then that dumb ass leaving his stash in the kids book bag, hahaha what an idiot!!! Then the sister saying," it isn't his, gotta be a misunderstanding". I know a few people who use the kids book bags to conceal the goodies. Most cops wouldn't give it a second thought!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals