Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineI8thesh400m
Outdoor Grow loser
Male

Loc: Florida
Pruning Questions And A-SexualTransplants
    #396299 - 04/05/10 09:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Okay. I made a post a while ago.. i planted some green  mid january... it sprouted and didnt grow well. but survived a few cold spells.  anyhow minus a small stunting... this plant has exploded in veg. growth,, I tend to, due to my location... need a short plant. Wish i could upload some photos it is about  6 inches tall now..
When should i clip this plant to keep height minimal without hurting its growth? Also... ANY photo of where to make the cut would be appreciated.

as well... do i need rooting hormone to try a transplant of the cutting? im pretty sure its a female my intuition is normally right.

any help would be loved!!!

Edited by I8thesh400m (04/05/10 10:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Pruning Questions And A-SexualTransplants [Re: I8thesh400m]
    #396344 - 04/05/10 11:21 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I8thesh400m said:
Okay. I made a post a while ago.. i planted some green  mid january... it sprouted and didnt grow well. but survived a few cold spells.  anyhow minus a small stunting... this plant has exploded in veg. growth,, I tend to, due to my location... need a short plant. Wish i could upload some photos it is about  6 inches tall now..
When should i clip this plant to keep height minimal without hurting its growth? Also... ANY photo of where to make the cut would be appreciated.

as well... do i need rooting hormone to try a transplant of the cutting? im pretty sure its a female my intuition is normally right.

any help would be loved!!!

I would avoid "clipping" it and just use LST.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineI8thesh400m
Outdoor Grow loser
Male

Re: Pruning Questions And A-SexualTransplants [Re: TomCollins]
    #396382 - 04/05/10 12:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

LST? im unfamiliar im pretty noobish in growing terms i always grew redneck... no terms... just throw some seeds.... seed quantity prevailed. HHA

anyhow... are you speaking of tying it down and running the main shoot horizontal?

one safety  method ive always used.. is growing outdoors.. but inside of a pot. i dig a hole just the size of the pot... take 2 green twine pieces... kind of run them in 2 lines like a swing... slide my pot in.. its now at ground level and if i ever have fear of discovery.. i go there at night.. grab on the twine and the pot gets hoisted out to be moved to safer location. so.. growing a horizontal plant would pretty much eliminate my ability to move them in emergency......

What is LST? Thanks again.. im getting a digital camera and cord soon. hopw to have some pictures for you guys.

--------------------
New To the Growery. Old to the shroomery. (same Account name) Beginning outdoor grow... Any advice is Loved!. Thanks! :jah:

OfflineTomCollins

#396386 - 04/05/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've never grown outdoors. You make it sound very easy. Growing indoors is fairly difficult I find.

LST stands for Low Stress Training. Which is yes, basically tying the plant down to promote bushier and more horizontal growth.

I don't see how it would fuck up your emergency ejection system. Just tie the branches down onto the lower stem once the plant has grown a bit.

Otherwise, I guess "snipping" is your only bet.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineI8thesh400m
Outdoor Grow loser
Male

Re: Pruning Questions And A-SexualTransplants [Re: TomCollins]
    #396900 - 04/06/10 08:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Growing indoors is fairly difficult I find.

Hmm... You must be speaking of the AMAZING grow you have on youre sig!!! Way to commit herbicide!! :blush:

good luck.  lol

--------------------
New To the Growery. Old to the shroomery. (same Account name) Beginning outdoor grow... Any advice is Loved!. Thanks! :jah:

InvisibleCDXX
Enlightened Guardian

Loc: Canada Flag
    #396967 - 04/06/10 10:20 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It is possible to stake your plant down to grow horizontally and you don't have to worry about your emergency escape system. Just tie the plant down using twine to tent pegs and if you need to grab your pot and run you still can!

Good luck you crazy redneck.

--------------------

OfflineI8thesh400m
Outdoor Grow loser
Male

Re: Pruning Questions And A-SexualTransplants [Re: CDXX]
    #397184 - 04/06/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Bad photo. Can anything be learned from this picture i wouldnt know?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom