Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCDXX
Enlightened Guardian

Loc: Canada Flag
Secret Gardens
    #396377 - 04/05/10 12:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm in the process of writing a guide to comprehensive home and grow secrecy and security if anyone wants any specific areas discussed this thread can be a brainstorm and included ideas or topics will be credited.

I will be including home security topics including but not limited to cameras, motion sensors, door and window sensors, locks, deadbolts, alarm systems, bars, etc. Also discussed will be indoor camouflage(is that couch really a couch? no its also my cloner!), scent and noise management, IR and heat detection and prevention, electricity management, light leaks, and more.

This is a fairly large project so lets get more ideas flowing. Thanks to those of you with valuable knowledge and input.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Secret Gardens [Re: CDXX]
    #396489 - 04/05/10 02:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Killer idea. I'm interested in remote monitoring of cameras from home without it being traceable. Any input?

This is a huge undertaking. You obviously realize that.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineTomCollins

#396894 - 04/06/10 08:18 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, this is awesome!  Marked as favorite!

I can't wait to read the discussions in here as well as see what ideas people come up with!

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleCDXX
Enlightened Guardian

Re: Secret Gardens [Re: TomCollins]
    #396937 - 04/06/10 09:23 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

One of the things I've noticed while forum browsing and people watching over the past few years is a lack of security awareness in new growers. This is not to say that all of you are like this and is more an observation about the general population but it's true none the less.

With the state of the laws surrounding cannabis in North America in particular it is only logical for patients and consumers to supply themselves instead of paying extreme prices and taking extreme risks to procure a natural medicine. With the advances in technology it is possible for us to stay ahead of game and it is important to do so if you want to be successful.

The goal of this guide is bring awareness to the community and to share some of the concepts we have all used to get where we are today. I hate seeing good people go to jail or get their crops robbed because of a lack of available information. Too many good people get caught up in the excitement of growing and need someone to tell them "Hey man! Slow down. You've got some things to consider before you plant that seed!"

I've got a lot of information to compile for this guide and am looking forward to all of your input. This project is quite large and I'm looking at spending the better part of the next year or so putting it together in a publishable form. The guide will be made available for free here when the time is right and if you want to be involved just make some posts and/or send me a private message. Together we can make a difference.

--------------------

InvisibleCDXX
Enlightened Guardian

Re: Secret Gardens [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #396944 - 04/06/10 09:40 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:
Killer idea. I'm interested in remote monitoring of cameras from home without it being traceable. Any input?

This is a huge undertaking. You obviously realize that.

What you're thinking is great. I wish that I were more able to build on this idea but we definitely need the input of someone with far greater IT skills than I've got.

For the transmission to be 'untraceable' it seems to me that you would need to bounce your transmission around via proxy servers which are preferably located in countries which do not want to cooperate with your federal government. Seems a little 'Hollywood' but what you are thinking is definitely high end 'hacker' stuff which I have yet to implement or have experience with.

This idea has piqued my interest though and I will definitely see what I can learn about it. If you find anything in the mean time please don't forget to share it with us here.

It is very easy set up and monitor your plants with a closed circuit system located within your building. The benefit to this is that someone (like the cops) would need to physically tap the feed to monitor the activity. What you are proposing is on a whole new level and the difficulty lies in that you want untraceable. Another option to having your connection untraceable would be to send encrypted secure transmissions. This would probably be easier to implement than the proxy idea. We need to determine whether or not intercepted encrypted transmissions can be decrypted without a warrant in Canada and the US.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #397482 - 04/07/10 06:57 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I kinda figured. It's beyond me too so I had to ask. A little too in-depth for me also. I thought of CCTV (closed circuit) but the reason for remote monitoring is in case the worse happens. If it did, and you were on CCTV then they could trace the wire right back to your computer. Guess it not too feasible.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleCDXX
Enlightened Guardian

Re: Secret Gardens [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #397485 - 04/07/10 07:39 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The secure encrypted transmission is definitely feasable and as soon as I have a little bit more time I'll be able to compile something for you and the guide.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #397495 - 04/07/10 07:52 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sweetski. I know it's doable. I asked one guy about it before (he was doing it) but I think it sketched him out and I got no response. He was the one to ask though.

--------------------

InvisibleCDXX
Enlightened Guardian

#397496 - 04/07/10 07:54 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I found something worth investigating. It's called IPTV and it is what it sounds like, Internet Protocol Television. It would require an investment as from what I can tell the technology is not cheap. Still looking for other viable options. I'm thinking that there has to be a simpler way of doing this, as easy as setting up a webcam and PC on one end and transmitting via SSH to another PC over the internet. I know there are websites that offer this service and I also know it's possible to create your own server to do it privately. I'll try to find server software and more specific details soon.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder