Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineboobybobber
Stranger
What would I need to grow 2 plants for a month or two
    #390653 - 03/27/10 05:34 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Im thinking of using one 250 watt hps bulb. I read that is just the wattage I need and doesnt give off that much heat. I just want maybe 1 to 2 ounces couple months for myself. Would the smell be terribly bad seeing as its just 2 plants and they wont be growing very long? Is this possible and how much money am I looking spending? Maybe 2 one foot tall plants. I dont want to use multiple bulbs and I want to keep the number of plants no higher than two. What would be the bare minimum of everything I need.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: What would I need to grow 2 plants for a month or two [Re: boobybobber]
    #390656 - 03/27/10 06:35 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

boobybobber said:
Im thinking of using one 250 watt hps bulb. I read that is just the wattage I need and doesnt give off that much heat. I just want maybe 1 to 2 ounces couple months for myself. Would the smell be terribly bad seeing as its just 2 plants and they wont be growing very long? Is this possible and how much money am I looking spending? Maybe 2 one foot tall plants. I dont want to use multiple bulbs and I want to keep the number of plants no higher than two. What would be the bare minimum of everything I need.

Well... You could get away with even a 150W HPS if your just doin 2 plants.

Now I live in Germany, and the prices here are quite different for this stuff. However, I've compiled a list and given you pricing based off online stores.

Hempy buckets is a pretty easy method and it's hydroponic. Here is your basic shopping list:

250 Watt HPS Complete set - 180-250USD
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=CL5020 - This particular kit also comes with an MH bulb so that's why it's a little pricey. You will however benefit from using an MH bulb during your grow.
2x5 Gal Buckets - 10-15 USD
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=724379
40QT (More or less) of Perlite - 20-30 USD
http://www.amazon.com/Perlite-Professional-Grade-18-Bag/dp/B001V6WXEI
GH FloraNova Grow (1Qt) & Bloom (1Qt) - 60USD
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=718800
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=718808
GH PH Test & Calibration Kit - 15-20USD
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=722080
Rockwool 4x4x4 6 Pack - 10USD
http://www.amazon.com/Grodan-Rockwool-4x4x4in-Cubes-holes/dp/B000IXNQIM
Oscillating Fan - 10-20USD
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=736735 - These things are a little pricey from this shop, however I think you'll find something cheaper locally.

Depending on your grow space, you may need to invest in additional cooling for your light. If that is the case then you will need to alter the lighting a bit and buy additional ventilation supplies:
Reflector with ventilation flanges - 100USD
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=904425
Inline Fan 6" - 180-250USD
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=736700
Ducting 25ft? - 25USD
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=736915

All that and of course seeds/clones. That will give you a pretty good starting off point. Note of course you need to prepare a space for this and ventilation may be tricky. HID lights can get EXTREMELY HOT if not cooled properly.

So even though your only going to be growing two plants, as you can see growing cannabis is quite an investment. Growing with CFLs however would greatly reduce some of the costs, but you would see smaller yields and of course it's not as power efficient.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: What would I need to grow 2 plants for a month or two [Re: TomCollins]
    #390759 - 03/27/10 02:03 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Spency

Good Job.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What would I need to grow 2 plants for a month or two [Re: KaptKid]
    #390762 - 03/27/10 02:16 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

the only thing I would amend there spency is the 5-gallon buckets. I think if he only wants plants a foot tall then he could easily get away with 1 gallon or 2 gallon buckets and still pull a decent yield.

1 gallon hempy bucket under CFL's. 1.5 oz total yield

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: What would I need to grow 2 plants for a month or two [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #391037 - 03/28/10 03:47 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Fair enough.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #391054 - 03/28/10 09:18 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

but otherwise bravo on the list man, that was an awesome post :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#391062 - 03/28/10 09:58 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Cool poast Spency.
That helped me figure out exactly what I'll need to add to my 600w ballast.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Offlineboobybobber
Stranger
Re: What would I need to grow 2 plants for a month or two [Re: ChillWillis]
    #393639 - 04/01/10 06:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks alot for the input guys. I have another question; can you smelll outdoor plants from far away or does the smell get carried off in the wind? I have alot of space in the backyard so I was curious if I would be alright.

OfflineTomCollins

#393642 - 04/01/10 07:20 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Man, I put together that awesome list for you and now you want to plant outside. Sheesh! :lmafo:

This is a hard question to answer. Growing outdoors is serious shit and pretty risky imo.

This thread discuses how to grow out doors discreetly:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/388194#388194

--------------------
andyistic said:

Offlineboobybobber
Stranger
    #394125 - 04/01/10 07:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I appreciate it all man. Thank you. I was just curious about whether an indoor grow or an outdoor grow would be more suitable for what I was looking for. It seems the pain is not growing it, but keeping anybody from knowing your are growing it. I just want a couple plants, nothing special. Frankly, Im tired of bags of seeds and stems with the occasional bud. To be completely honest, I am not used to good weed and I believe I have a low tolerance for marijuana so potency is not really a big thing, just want a good amount to smoke on here and there.

OfflineTomCollins

#394403 - 04/02/10 01:29 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well you say you don't need the best quality, just a good amount to smoke. You realize that high quality weed you only need to smoke very, very little of right? :tongue:

--------------------
andyistic said:

Offlineboobybobber
Stranger
    #395205 - 04/03/10 10:35 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah but high quality probably gives off a high quality smell and takes forever to flower. I need something simple and easy, that doesn't smell too bad when growing, grows and flowers fast because I dont need much weed. It seems like the only way I can do things right now is outdoors, but I am slowly findind out that when growing outdoors you cannot control when you want the plant to flower. So for me to grow a plant or two outdoors and have to wait month after month month for just the little bit of weed I want. I thought about starting indoors, but I would imagine that the plants have to get a certain size before they are even worth putting into the flowering stage and I dont think I have to room to hide them in the house when they get the size they need to be. I have been looking into the auto-flowering plants like lowryder and 60 day wonder, but I cant seem to find any reputable sites that sell them or anybody who has grown them. Can outdoor plants be smelled as far away as say weed smoke or do you have to be walking straight by it to smell it? I dont live by any main streets or anything and the plant will be a nice ways away from the fence, is that good?

OfflineGrower420
Stranger
    #395872 - 04/04/10 12:56 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

auto ak 47 from attitude is your best bet its entire life span is 70 days from germ to harvest.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What would I need to grow 2 plants for a month or two [Re: Grower420]
    #395876 - 04/04/10 01:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You can flower ANY strain immediately and have a harvest in the same amount of time as an autoflower.

--------------------

Offlineboobybobber
Stranger
    #396804 - 04/05/10 11:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I know, but that probably requires you to take the plants inside at a certain time in the process and keep growing them inside.

I will check out that AUTO AK

OfflineTomCollins

#396847 - 04/06/10 03:13 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

boobybobber said:
Yeah I know, but that probably requires you to take the plants inside at a certain time in the process and keep growing them inside.

:wtf: are you talking about? You would never bring a plant from outside to in.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Offlineboobybobber
Stranger
    #396939 - 04/06/10 09:25 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I see what you are saying but given my situation I will probably have to do an outdoor grow so early harvest is out of the question. Is there any way to pollinate female Autoflower strains and get seeds from them? I looked into the lowryder strains and they sound excellent but I will probably not be getting very much weed from the plants, and with the price the seeds are, it seems quite illogical to keep paying for more Auto-flower seeds.

OfflineTomCollins

#396947 - 04/06/10 09:43 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Why even use auto-flowers?
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
You can flower ANY strain immediately and have a harvest in the same amount of time as an autoflower.

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleCDXX
Enlightened Guardian

Loc: Canada Flag
    #396964 - 04/06/10 10:15 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If you are growing in your backyard you can create a light shade to assist in early flowering. If you are on a tight budget you can build your own cheaply and you just have to be religious about keeping the light schedule. If you have a few thousand dollars to invest go pickup the autoflowerer

There should be a tek around somewhere on how to build one for cheaper so do some research.

It is possible using this light deprivation technique to flower your plants directly from seed. It is also easier to make your own seeds using normal plants than trying to mess with delicate hybrid genetics like the auto-flowering AKs and lowryders. Yield and quality should also be improved over the autos.

--------------------

Offlineboobybobber
Stranger
Re: What would I need to grow 2 plants for a month or two [Re: CDXX]
    #397011 - 04/06/10 11:34 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What about the smell? How far away can the average MJ plant be smelled? Mine will most likely be tied to the ground if that helps. How do you keep water from rain and things that may be in the grass from doing any kind of harm to the plant when doing Low Stress Training or tying it down? Do I tie it to grow hovering over the ground or tie so it is actually touching the ground?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies