Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

I'm learning guitar
    #394202 - 04/01/10 09:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

on my own. I almost have Wish You Were Here done, I got it down all the way through to the end of the solo.
linky
I liked this song because
a.) it is easy and everyone knows it
b.) it's fairly easy to sing

All of which are perfect for getting laid.

Now that you know a bit about me, what song should I learn next?

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: I'm learning guitar [Re: ChillWillis]
    #394214 - 04/01/10 09:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Instead of learning songs, you should work on scales and progressions. It will make you an overall better guitar player. Also if you dont know how to read notes I suggest doing that. Then you can write your own songs :tongue2:.

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: I'm learning guitar [Re: Triptonic] * 1
    #394237 - 04/01/10 10:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I can read notes from my limited piano experience.

I just don't know the notes on tghe guitar.. I think I know C, G, D, and maybe E.. What I think is E might be C, and I only know them all in one place on the guitar. I can't really tranistion between them too well either.

I just wanna wail some killer songs to make me look cool and get me laid :jamming:

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#394240 - 04/01/10 10:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The strings on a guitar are EADGBE and each fret is a half step.  From there it should be self-explanatory.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#394241 - 04/01/10 10:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

lol, then just go with tabs. Are you gonna be the one dude that is contatntly bringing the guitar to campfires? :lol:

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: I'm learning guitar [Re: THEBats]
    #394261 - 04/01/10 10:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I knew that, I guess I was talking about chords.

And I am DEFINITELY going to be the guy who brings the guitar to all the fires, unfortunately that guy usually winds up looking like an ass when someone far better takes the guitar 'for a sec' and jams all night.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#394263 - 04/01/10 10:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ChillWillis said:
I knew that, I guess I was talking about chords.

And I am DEFINITELY going to be the guy who brings the guitar to all the fires, unfortunately that guy usually winds up looking like an ass when someone far better takes the guitar 'for a sec' and jams all night.

lol I've been guilty of that.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#394265 - 04/01/10 10:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

bahaha I know your type.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: I'm learning guitar [Re: Triptonic]
    #394267 - 04/01/10 10:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

lol it's like if there's a guitar nearby I get all anxious and have the urge to pick it up and fool around.  it's just a habit at this point.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#394270 - 04/01/10 10:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I do that as well. But only for a sec then I put it back cuz I like talking to people.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#394272 - 04/01/10 10:35 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I can do both most of the time.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#394274 - 04/01/10 10:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well then you are far more talented than I at guitar.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#394279 - 04/01/10 10:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

maybe, maybe not.  I just practice more.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#394283 - 04/01/10 10:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I cant talk while playing without fuckin up :lol:. And I dont get how people sing while playing.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#394286 - 04/01/10 10:50 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

singing's a little bit different but talking while playing just requires you to have muscle memory and to have practiced what you're playing to the point to where you hardly have to give it thought to play it.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (04/01/10 10:50 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#394288 - 04/01/10 10:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah thats proabably true. I found a bass in the trash a while back (it belonged there). Someone shaved all the frets off, probably trying to make it a fretless bass. But I'm thinking about putting it back together. I just dont have the money for it right now.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags