Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorangejuice
Stranger

Loc: oakland Flag
where to vent?
    #391003 - 03/28/10 12:35 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I've been starting to build my tomato fruiting room and now I have a question! Where should I direct the exhaust from this bad boy-

there's no attic above, that's an outside wall to the left, and a window of course. The window leads to a place where no one ever goes and I have a carbon scrubber, but I'm looking for clever ways to vent this out the window (or any other good idea). Worried about noisy things, even though its carbon scrubbed and where nothing walks (even have motion sensor lights on that side of house) I'm thinking worst case here, if some damn squirrels smell my wonderful tomatoes or otherwise suspect they might be close. I was thinking of buying one of those ac units that hang out the window, even a broken one, but working ones would be expensive and broken ones would be hard to find I think. A pipe sticking out the window would be pretty suspicious. Something that looks like a dryer vent would be ideal but out of my skill set and budget (to pay someone to do it) Any genius ideas?

Edited by orangejuice (03/28/10 12:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: where to went? [Re: orangejuice]
    #391008 - 03/28/10 12:44 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

What I would do is get a cheap AC off of Craigslist or something, gut it, and run the air out that way.  You could probably get one for like 50 bucks or something, maybe less I would think.  In your situation anyway, seems like you're close to doing that though anyway.

I've never thought about doing that before, I wonder if anyone else has done it with good results.

--------------------

Offlineorangejuice
Stranger

Loc: oakland Flag
Re: where to went? [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #391009 - 03/28/10 12:53 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Yah with some diligence I bet I could find a really cheap/free ac unit. But something I also worry about is that NO ONE has those type of ac units on their house here, it's all central air. Plus the fact that the fan thingy for my central air is really close to the room itself =\

I've been pondering the idea of just letting it vent into the room itself as there is central ac and a vent in that room but... its 1k watt and I use other parts of the room for veg and youngins with another 1k watt lamp and am worried about serious heat concerns.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix