Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
MuSHROOMS
    #390700 - 03/27/10 10:37 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I'm getting some today, I am excited. Going to put them back for a couple days so I can set up the perfect atmosphere in my room.

I think I might listen to The Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety. I want my mind to completely get blown; I might take more.

But anyways. Suggestions on how to improve the atmosphere would be awesome. I'd ask shroomites, but honestly I don't like the shroomery folks.

Should I have a sitter?

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDelBoycie

Re: MuSHROOMS [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #390703 - 03/27/10 10:42 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Have you not taken them before?

A sitter would only annoy/ditract me,I'd like to be immersed in the fun without anyone not doing it.

If you've not done them before,take 1/2g and enjoy the ride.:yesnod:

All that you should know is to give in to the experience. Don't try and fight the effects,just accept that what you're feeling is completely the result og mushrooms that you've taken and everyone else feels the same.:thumbup:

OfflineShroomieGirl
Fear and Loathing
 User Gallery

Loc: TX
    #390706 - 03/27/10 10:46 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Id say have a sitter if youre gonna take a fair amount, like 12g, but if youve done it a bunch and feel comfortable you can do it by yourself, just have a friend to call just in case tho.

as for the room bring trip toys like a koosh ball, make sure the lighting is right too.  its not that big a deal but i like having the lava lamp on, and i always like something to write with.

thats all i can think of for now

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: MuSHROOMS [Re: DelBoycie]
    #390708 - 03/27/10 10:53 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

DelBoycie said:
Have you not taken them before?

A sitter would only annoy/ditract me,I'd like to be immersed in the fun without anyone not doing it.

If you've not done them before,take 1/2g and enjoy the ride.:yesnod:

All that you should know is to give in to the experience. Don't try and fight the effects,just accept that what you're feeling is completely the result og mushrooms that you've taken and everyone else feels the same.:thumbup:

I've taken them, just never tripped off of them. I took like 1g dry and just kinda fell stonedish. Then I took about 1g again and still got no visuals. (the second one gave me changes of hues, and happened while I was playing modern warfare 2.

I am thinking about really breaking through. 4gs is what I'm gona do. I don't need any really advice on amount, I've researched a fair bit. Figured out what I desire.

On the lighting, would a colored sheer cloth over my light work? Should I just watch one of those music player visualizers?

--------------------

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#390709 - 03/27/10 10:58 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

:lol: If you're eating 4g I wouldn't worry about adding in extra colors.

I always find technology too hard to use when I'm :trippinballs: but give it a try if you want. If I want to experience certain things I usually write a list beforehand because otherwise I always forget everything, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

OfflineShroomieGirl
Fear and Loathing
 User Gallery

Loc: TX
    #390710 - 03/27/10 11:02 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

4-5g sounds good.  you can have the visualizer going, thats always nice, just so you can look over and see it doing its thing now and again.  a colored cloth would work, just tune it to however youd like it.

--------------------

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: MuSHROOMS [Re: ShroomieGirl]
    #390732 - 03/27/10 12:35 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

4-5 grams of good cubes is a lot, for a guy who has never taken a strong dose it would likely be too much, having said that many people have started with larger doses and had nothing but good things to say, while others take very small amounts then freak out and are turned off for life. It's the PERSON not the drug or size of the dose that determines a good trip.
I have taken mushrooms an uncountable amount of times. Heed my advice......... dark side of the moon and a dim room will do the job for about 1 hour on the come up but then you better have some back up albums or you'll end up exploring you neighborhood, and depending on where you live it could be a nice time:laugh:.

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#390735 - 03/27/10 12:48 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

4g ain't that much, go for it, but I would suggest another album if you "want your mind to get blown" DSoTM is overplayed garbage. PF has so many better albums. Like Meddle.

Have fun.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: MuSHROOMS [Re: Tangerines]
    #390738 - 03/27/10 12:49 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
4g ain't that much, go for it, but I would suggest another album if you "want your mind to get blown" DSoTM is overplayed garbage. PF has so many better albums. Like Meddle.

Have fun.

But some of my favorite songs are on DSoTM :frown:

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#390739 - 03/27/10 12:50 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

To each their own :shrug:

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: MuSHROOMS [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #390741 - 03/27/10 12:55 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Good advise.
My body is pretty sensitive to mushrooms. I only need to eat about 2g to get visuals.

Get a laser pointer and play with that. I love lasers.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#390742 - 03/27/10 12:58 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:

It's cool, I understand what you mean. I have a J rolled for the comedown.

I'm collecting Dark Side of the Moon, some Marley Mix albums, Focus + Traced in Air by Cynic, and every Coheed album.

I might save some for 4/20 to listen with year of the black rainbow.

--------------------

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#390744 - 03/27/10 01:05 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Have fun.

"overplayed garbage" is way too harsh. overplayed yes, cliche for a trip totally, but garbage it is not. meddle is great though, same for wish you were here.

Quote:

Tangerines said:

Exactly, my idea of a good mushroom trip involves weed, beer, scotch, cigs and crazy yelling friends on all sorts of shit.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: MuSHROOMS [Re: ChillWillis]
    #390768 - 03/27/10 02:31 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

ChillWillis said:I always find technology too hard to use when I'm :trippinballs:

This. I forgot how to use my iPod and kept being afraid that I was crushing it :lol:

I just wander into a patch of woods, sit down, and enjoy the shit around me.

If I'm tripping inside, I like the room to be a LITTLE cold, because its much easier to be warm than it is to cool down. In the summer time, I'll only do shrooms in the basement, because being hot when I eat them really bothers me. I dunno if this is a common thing, but maybe something to keep in mind :]

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
    #390775 - 03/27/10 02:43 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
DSoTM is overplayed garbage. PF has so many better albums. Like Meddle.

Have fun.

man are you serious about that?:eek:

if so I seriously recommend you take a high dose of shrooms and listen to Dark side of the moon, it Is a master piece, far superior to any other floyd album,

all the other albums built up to DSoTM ,

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: MuSHROOMS [Re: Harlz]
    #390809 - 03/27/10 04:30 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

Tangerines said:
DSoTM is overplayed garbage. PF has so many better albums. Like Meddle.

Have fun.

man are you serious about that?:eek:

if so I seriously recommend you take a high dose of shrooms and listen to Dark side of the moon, it Is a master piece, far superior to any other floyd album,

all the other albums built up to DSoTM ,

I can kind of agree.  It is by far their most commercial album.  IMO the wall was one of my favorites, flows together great and really gives a theatrical feel even with out the movie and it deals with themes I think about a lot.  Animals would be my second favorite.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (03/27/10 04:31 PM)

OfflineSlave of Cthulhu
Marijuana Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
    #390811 - 03/27/10 04:39 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I recommend watchin this instead bro, especially if you're goin for a Dark side of the moon kinda night.

Live at Pompeii

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: MuSHROOMS [Re: Slave of Cthulhu]
    #390813 - 03/27/10 04:40 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Slave of Cthulhu said:
I recommend watchin this instead bro, especially if you're goin for a Dark side of the moon kinda night.

Live at Pompeii

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: MuSHROOMS [Re: THEBats]
    #390814 - 03/27/10 04:40 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

Slave of Cthulhu said:

Live at Pompeii

Their pulse tour is amazing as well.

oops didn't mean to double post.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (03/27/10 04:41 PM)

OfflineSlave of Cthulhu
Marijuana Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: MuSHROOMS [Re: Slave of Cthulhu]
    #390816 - 03/27/10 04:42 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I took a quarter and watched that DVD with a good homie. It was fuckin euphoric. Smoked HELLA bowls out of a beastly bong and hit up the hookah. One of the best trips I ever had.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies