Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

*Banging head against wall*
    #390377 - 03/26/10 01:18 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Hey guys,

Well I'm getting prepared for my next grow this week. The last lady comes down at the end of this week I decided.

For this grow, I would like to try and do 12/12 from seed.

Here's my dilemma: my grow shop was having a sale, and I couldn't restrain myself from buying a 400W MH conversion bulb, only to realize today that I guess I really don't need it if I'm going to do 12/12 from seed.

Is there any benefit to using MH bulbs for the initial weeks of flowering? Or would it be best to simply use HPS all the way through?

Thanks guys.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: *Banging head against wall* [Re: TomCollins]
    #390381 - 03/26/10 01:36 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

well the blue spectrum from the MH would keep the stretch down in the first couple weeks which I would assume could be beneficial.  The 2 times I did 12/12 from seed I had terrible yields entirely because of the stretch.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: *Banging head against wall* [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #390382 - 03/26/10 01:38 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

You did 12/12 from seed with just HPS right?

There is a grow log on ICC where a guy had like an ounce per plant, and he was fricken using CFLs! I guess CFLs emit more of a blue spectrum light than red spectrum though, so I guess that could be the reason.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #390383 - 03/26/10 01:40 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Yeah I saw that link you posted. It kind of blew my mind a little bit.... I've done 12/12 from seed with both HPS and cfl's and I've never yielded more than about 4g/plant.

Here was my best plant from seed

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#390440 - 03/26/10 04:52 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Yeah I saw that link you posted. It kind of blew my mind a little bit.... I've done 12/12 from seed with both HPS and cfl's and I've never yielded more than about 4g/plant.

Here was my best plant from seed

Really? Fuck... maybe that guy had some good genetics goin. :shrug:

4g per plant? :nonono:

Hrmmm.... the fact that you Harry........ as well as lampshade have had such bad experiences with 12/12 from seed is making me rethink this shit.

I suppose the benefit of MH is getting the veg time cut a bit and I guess if you run it for the initial weeks of flowering, like you said harry, it may reduce some of the stretch. :shrug:

With that said, I think I'm gonna scrap the 12/12 from seed idea - at least until I have a more plentiful stock that could see me through 2 grows.

At least I'm not pissed off anymore about buying the bulb. :lmafo:

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #390457 - 03/26/10 05:23 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Yep, my experience has been that it takes an extra couple weeks to finish as well. plus the 12/12 makes it lankier. You'd be better off just vegging for 2-3 weeks and then flowering it. That way you'll actually get some decent yields

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #390468 - 03/26/10 05:35 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

I guess another thing to consider is that I flowered my plants in solo cups. I would expect that with sufficient root space you could yield a bit better than I did there, choking them out probably contributed to the low yields

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #390512 - 03/26/10 06:47 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

I've 12/12'd from seed and haven't experienced yields like 4grams.. lol... Coco would be a lot better than soil if you decide to do this because it supports a very large root system in a smaller amount of medium and has good properties for air space and water retention as it's considered a hydro medium.

If you do longer finishing strains your yields wont be bad, it's always nice to veg briefly from seed though I vegged a bunch of my purpxafghani sativa for 2.5-3weeks and it really contributes to yield. If you search my recent threads you can take a look at my seed run.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: *Banging head against wall* [Re: captain.koons]
    #390517 - 03/26/10 07:01 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

If the guy got good yields from seed doing 12/12 from the start he was using strains that are high in if not pure sativa.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: *Banging head against wall* [Re: Magash]
    #390522 - 03/26/10 07:16 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Yeah you need a hybrid if not a dominant Sativa if you are running 12/12 from seed, but it is a very good method if you get dialed it.

The user "Atmosphere" uses a 400w and gets 1g/watt.  He recommends using a fairly balanced hybrid, because you WANT the stretch for 12/12 from seed runs.

I have Lucid a couple plants and he flowered them, and 1 of them was a 12/12 from seed chrystal plant, which has some Sativa (WW) and it performed very well, even in a 5 inch pot!  It just weighed in at 24 grams!

If you find the right strain it is a VERY effective growing method.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #390524 - 03/26/10 07:24 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
If the guy got good yields from seed doing 12/12 from the start he was using strains that are high in if not pure sativa.

maybe that was my issue as well. I did it with a pure indica.

Oh well, it was an experiment more than anything and I sure didn't give it my best attempt. maybe I'll try it again the future with a sativa strain and legitimate root mass and see what happens

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: *Banging head against wall* [Re: Inverted]
    #390548 - 03/26/10 08:57 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Yeah you need a hybrid if not a dominant Sativa if you are running 12/12 from seed, but it is a very good method if you get dialed it.

The user "Atmosphere" uses a 400w and gets 1g/watt.  He recommends using a fairly balanced hybrid, because you WANT the stretch for 12/12 from seed runs.

I have Lucid a couple plants and he flowered them, and 1 of them was a 12/12 from seed chrystal plant, which has some Sativa (WW) and it performed very well, even in a 5 inch pot!  It just weighed in at 24 grams!

If you find the right strain it is a VERY effective growing method.

Maybe if he has no criteria for trimming/curing/and density he gets 1g/w I've seen pictures of his 12/12 from seed and his canopy isn't nearly full enough to reach 1gr/w of proper buds.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #390564 - 03/26/10 09:35 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Ok, I'm thinking of doing SOG in the future.  What's the difference in 12/12 from seed and SOG? Do SOG plants get vegged for a couple weeks, (I'm under the impression they do).  And 12/12 from seed is just straight to flower, no vegging?

And is it possible to get a good yield with indicas that are a high yielding strain while SOGGING? Or is it better to SOG with sativas?

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: *Banging head against wall* [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #390566 - 03/26/10 09:44 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

A true sea of green is said to have NO veg time, high plant counts, right into flower.

Some people compromise and veg for a few days to maybe 10days to help fill the canopy as to not compromise in final weight.

I don't do pure indicas much and I don't do pure sativas either somewhere in between is golden as sativa influences faster rooting and some necessary stretch to improve yields. A pure indica put into flower even with very high plant counts will yield less than your hybrids.

The main difference between SoG from clone and 12/12 from seed is the fact that a good productive SoG relies on uniform plants so you can get as many plants in your grow space as possible, with seeds there's different phenotypes that will vary in structure/height.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#390569 - 03/26/10 09:48 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Thanks Koons :thumbup:

I'm more into indicas myself, looks like I'll be needing a hybrid that's indica dom.  A little uh..."research" :burnone: would be good too though I think, because I could very well find a hybrid that's sativa dom that I like a lot, you never know.  I like the get stoned as fuck feeling from weed and grab some food and maybe pass out watching a movie, not the high all about bouncin around n shit feeling.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #390570 - 03/26/10 09:53 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

I used to be the same way but I'm more productive when smoking sativas or balanced hybrids.

You can get some narcotic hybrids though there's very few pure sativa and pure indica strains on the market most fall into the hybrid category.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#390571 - 03/26/10 09:56 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Yeah, I have noticed that most are hybrids.

I think I like the balanced hybrids.  I like to be able to do stuff and go about my day, but my mind going 1,000,000,000,000,000 miles an hour is what I don't like. So maybe like 70/30 indica dom.  You can't really tell how much of what is in the strain though right?  It'll either be Indica dom or Sativa dom, correct?

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #390619 - 03/27/10 12:45 AM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Breeders will often times know the ratio of sativa/indica in their strains some will choose just to say indica or sativa dom. I think a lot of indica lovers who aren't familar with seeds will rather purchase something that says Indica dom than 60/40 indica/sativa.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: *Banging head against wall* *DELETED* [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #390686 - 03/27/10 09:03 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: h

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: *Banging head against wall* [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #390757 - 03/27/10 02:00 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

SOG from clones

30 more days or so.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies