Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Doitagain]
    #388118 - 03/22/10 02:41 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Doitagain said:
can someone explain it to me, whenever it's on all i see is 2 guys rolling around on the mat, how is it entertainng to watch? like if they just beat the shit out of each other i would get it,

I like watching sports that move fast like hockey, and ill even get into boxing but what's so entertaining about two guys putting scissor holds on each other for 10 minutes.

Do you ever watch it? They do beat the shit out of each other, more than any other sport in fact. I was watching a match the other night and the ref didnt call the fight even though the guy looked like he was going to bleed out. It was fucking awesome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Triptonic]
    #388119 - 03/22/10 02:47 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Watch for the double KO at the end of the first one.

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

#388120 - 03/22/10 02:50 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

i find it's pretty entertaining. After the govt tried to stop it coming back after the first round it looks like it's getting a proper schedule. Hopefully we'll see it on analog free-tv soon.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #388122 - 03/22/10 03:34 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

yeah i see it on tv occasionally, and always get bored after a few minutes because its just guys grabbing each others ankles as they roll around and hug each other.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Homosapian]
    #388146 - 03/22/10 07:18 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

There's a few places round my parts that do ufc classes and set up fights'n shit. I sat in on two classes a few months ago. That shit was rugged. Way too much involvement needed to succeed though. The training is nuts.

Bruce Lee would def own 5 ufc dudes in the cage no prob man. You can't argue that. Do some research on how he trained man...it's fucking insane and way more intense than anything ufc fighters do.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin , TX
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #388184 - 03/22/10 10:40 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

yesterdays UFC card was fucking epic... some of the most brutal KO'S i ever seen!

--------------------

OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #388185 - 03/22/10 10:41 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
There's a few places round my parts that do ufc classes and set up fights'n shit. I sat in on two classes a few months ago. That shit was rugged. Way too much involvement needed to succeed though. The training is nuts.

Bruce Lee would def own 5 ufc dudes in the cage no prob man. You can't argue that. Do some research on how he trained man...it's fucking insane and way more intense than anything ufc fighters do.

you watch too much tv son.... i suggest you lay off the weed for a few months and think before you type this horse shit :huxleyfacepalm:

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #388195 - 03/22/10 11:19 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I kinda like UFC. Grappling+striking+televised=AWESOME

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #388198 - 03/22/10 11:23 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I find it fascinating. I've trained in martial arts since elementary school granted I've stuck to mostly striking martial arts. As I know how hard it is to train to just be a good striker I know how hard it is to be a well rounded fighter. I have lots of respect for these guys knowing it's hard to be a good boxer and it's even harder to be a good kick boxer and it's even harder to be a good kick boxer when you need to keep in mind you can take a knee to the face, get taken down, have your arms broken, or have someone choke you out. For these reasons I have mad respect for UFC as a sport and for it's fighters.

However I have mixed feelings about it because some of the fights are boring as fuck like I saw this fight between Kimbo Slice and Huston Alexander and for the first 3 minutes they just pranced around the ring not fighting or you'll see a fight where someone just knocks the other guy down repeatedly and doesn't do much to try to knock him out then you've got match ups where one guy is phenomenal at something where another guy sucks balls in that same area and it makes for a very unexciting fight. I tend to like Pride fighting a lot more than UFC because I get sort of mad at the rules in UFC when someone knocks someone down and can only kick their legs because you can't stomp someone when they're down which often times results in getting upkicked which is probably just as brutal as getting your head stomped in. It's also boring as shit to watch the bigger guys after the third round where they can't even swing their fists anymore because they're exhausted.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: captain.koons]
    #388201 - 03/22/10 11:42 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

I saw this fight between Kimbo Slice and Huston Alexander and for the first 3 minutes they just pranced around the ring not fighting

That wasn't the first three minutes, that was the first two rounds.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #388204 - 03/22/10 11:44 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:

Oh those videos are so cute. They knock them to the ground and then jump on them and start pounding their head in while they're on the ground. What honorable and respectable fighting techniques :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #388205 - 03/22/10 11:45 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

Oh those videos are so cute. They knock them to the ground and then jump on them and start pounding their head in while they're on the ground. What honorable and respectable fighting techniques :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

your exactly correct , brazilian jiu jitsu is the shit.. im glad you came thru.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #388206 - 03/22/10 11:46 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Yeah the first round NOTHING happened, the second round they exchanged minimally so I was more then generous not counting that round.

I think if HA was more aggressive he would have knocked out Kimbo because Kimbo can't strike for shit whereas HA has knocked out big names. It was pretty crazy how brutally Kimbo threw HA that one time in round 3(I think?). Kimbo is such a joke he was eliminated from the ultimate fighter and they just keep giving him chances.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #388207 - 03/22/10 11:49 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Homosapian said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

your exactly correct , brazilian jiu jitsu is the shit.. im glad you came thru.

:facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

#388208 - 03/22/10 11:49 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

HO sucks dick ,he has lost 5 out of his last 6.

KIMBO is the man a true lion! he pretty much raped anyone on the streets :whatwhat:

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #388210 - 03/22/10 11:52 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
I find it fascinating. I've trained in martial arts since elementary school granted I've stuck to mostly striking martial arts. As I know how hard it is to train to just be a good striker I know how hard it is to be a well rounded fighter. I have lots of respect for these guys knowing it's hard to be a good boxer and it's even harder to be a good kick boxer and it's even harder to be a good kick boxer when you need to keep in mind you can take a knee to the face, get taken down, have your arms broken, or have someone choke you out. For these reasons I have mad respect for UFC as a sport and for it's fighters.

However I have mixed feelings about it because some of the fights are boring as fuck like I saw this fight between Kimbo Slice and Huston Alexander and for the first 3 minutes they just pranced around the ring not fighting or you'll see a fight where someone just knocks the other guy down repeatedly and doesn't do much to try to knock him out then you've got match ups where one guy is phenomenal at something where another guy sucks balls in that same area and it makes for a very unexciting fight. I tend to like Pride fighting a lot more than UFC because I get sort of mad at the rules in UFC when someone knocks someone down and can only kick their legs because you can't stomp someone when they're down which often times results in getting upkicked which is probably just as brutal as getting your head stomped in. It's also boring as shit to watch the bigger guys after the third round where they can't even swing their fists anymore because they're exhausted.

see at least you can look at it objectively, and admit the TV product has some flaws instead of just looking at it with in endless supply of fan-boy-ism.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#388213 - 03/22/10 11:58 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Yeah the first round NOTHING happened, the second round they exchanged minimally so I was more then generous not counting that round.

I think if HA was more aggressive he would have knocked out Kimbo because Kimbo can't strike for shit whereas HA has knocked out big names. It was pretty crazy how brutally Kimbo threw HA that one time in round 3(I think?). Kimbo is such a joke he was eliminated from the ultimate fighter and they just keep giving him chances.

The kick to Kimbo's leg (shin I think) that droped him had me worried. I thought HA might of broke his shin.

But yea, the suplex was sick.

I think Kimbo pulled it off twice, if not another might of been more of a ... Headlock throw? Reminded me of the headlock throw I learned in wrestling, so that's what I'm calling it.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #388215 - 03/22/10 12:04 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:

The kick to Kimbo's leg (shin I think) that droped him had me worried. I thought HA might of broke his shin.

I think Kimbo pulled it off twice, if not another might of been more of a ... Headlock throw? Reminded me of the headlock throw I learned in wrestling, so that's what I'm calling it.

He sure is fucking explosive. I got in a fight in highschool and tried suplexing the guy I was fighting and he ended up hitting me in the head on the way down with his foot or knee but I ended up with my knee on his throat a second later. The idea was to throw him into a locker but it didn't work out for me.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #388216 - 03/22/10 12:07 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

it's arguably flawed, in my eyes it is because it's hard to be well rounded in MMA but then you can think about how long they prepare for fights in the UFC sometimes 4-6months they will train to become the answer to their opponents weakness a lot of people don't really think about that. Having watched your opponents fights knowing what flaws and strengths he has vs going into a blind fight is basically the difference of MMA and a good street fight.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#388217 - 03/22/10 12:08 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:

He sure is fucking explosive. I got in a fight in highschool and tried suplexing the guy I was fighting and he ended up hitting me in the head on the way down with his foot or knee but I ended up with my knee on his throat a second later. The idea was to throw him into a locker but it didn't work out for me.

Kimbo's legs are tiny though. Like literally smaller than his arms.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds