Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineerikm
Stranger
 User Gallery

Questions about being spotted by helicopters... please help!
    #387275 - 03/20/10 01:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I would like to attempt to grow a few plants on my property, but the thought of getting spotted by a copter is making me rethink all this. If I plant maybe 5 or 6 plants in patches of 2 around my property by bushes,trees and brush, what are the chances of getting spotted? Is this something to actually worry about or no?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Questions about being spotted by helicopters... please help! [Re: erikm]
    #387279 - 03/20/10 02:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Where do you live

Chances are you will be fine

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offlineerikm
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Questions about being spotted by helicopters... please help! [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #387285 - 03/20/10 02:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

In a pretty developed town about an hour away from a major easy coast city. I live on 25 acres of woodland and cleared out fields. Our neighbors live on the same type of land, large properties with lots of grass fields and trees

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #387290 - 03/20/10 02:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

When i had to grow guerrilla style like your talking, I would do just what you said. 2-3 plants per plot spread out across the property. Worked fine for me for many years. If you keep the numbers down, they are not as noticeable.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlineerikm
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Questions about being spotted by helicopters... please help! [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #387325 - 03/20/10 04:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well the thing is it's not really guerilla growing, it's on my property

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #387340 - 03/20/10 05:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Doesn't matter, just keep them small and spread out.  Dont worry about it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #387385 - 03/20/10 07:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"In helicopters, they use infrared cameras and other equipment that can detect cannabis by measuring the heat and reflective signature of the vegetation below.

Cannabis has higher reflectivity at certain wavelengths than other rural crops, such as corn. Law enforcement agencies have found that the use of this technology has become necessary in their detection efforts because many growers hide cannabis among other plants, making detection with the naked eye difficult even from the air.

These techniques are effective and difficult to defeat because a plant's reflective signature is difficult to change or mask.

It has been said that if the cannabis plant is planted by a pine or cedar tree the heat from the tree will overlap the cannabis plant heat making it harder to detect from helicopters."

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

OfflineDANK
VERB CONJUGATeR+HERB INHALATOR
Male User Gallery

Re: Questions about being spotted by helicopters... please help! [Re: Snurry]
    #387626 - 03/21/10 08:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Snurry said:
"In helicopters, they use infrared cameras and other equipment that can detect cannabis by measuring the heat and reflective signature of the vegetation below.

Shittttttty. I don't understand how they don't prosecute more people for growing though....

Maybe they don't really give a shit about the guy growing 2 plants in his backyard and they're just looking for the large "for profit" grow ops?

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Questions about being spotted by helicopters... please help! [Re: DANK]
    #387893 - 03/21/10 06:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

it's a money thing. they can't really afford to spend how ever many 10s of thousands and all the man hours and paper work to convict home grower of a couple of plants for personal use. Those copters are used to make the big headlines in newspapers with the 10 billion dollar; 2,000 plant crops. And it does it's job in scaring enough of the small growers.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions about being spotted by helicopters... please help! [Re: Snurry]
    #387903 - 03/21/10 06:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Snurry said:
it's a money thing. they can't really afford to spend how ever many 10s of thousands and all the man hours and paper work to convict home grower of a couple of plants for personal use. Those copters are used to make the big headlines in newspapers with the 10 billion dollar; 2,000 plant crops. And it does it's job in scaring enough of the small growers.

Exactly, so put in a few plants and don't worry about it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #388155 - 03/22/10 08:52 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

erikm said:
Our neighbors live on the same type of land, large properties with lots of grass fields and trees

Don't plant on YOUR land! Plant on your neighbors land. If they are found, then the only way they can get you is if you are caught at the grow. It keeps the heat off of you in the worst case scenario.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Questions about being spotted by helicopters... please help! [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #388194 - 03/22/10 11:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:
Quote:

erikm said:
Our neighbors live on the same type of land, large properties with lots of grass fields and trees

Don't plant on YOUR land! Plant on your neighbors land. If they are found, then the only way they can get you is if you are caught at the grow. It keeps the heat off of you in the worst case scenario.

If I found a pot plant on my land that I had not planted, I would cut it down and burn it on the spot. Then leave a little note saying "Nice try."

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals