Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Need help with room design
    #377964 - 03/03/10 05:31 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

So I've recently moved into my own place, and have an extra room that I'll be using for growing.  I am looking to "get the most bang for my buck" and with that in mind, I need help with the overall design and flow of my room.  The room was previously a dark room.
The room is approx. 140" x 69"  ~67sq ft. and looks like the attached picture.  The benches are built into the walls and the "sink" is the kind of shallow one that you would typically find in a dark room.

• The room will have to contain areas for both Veg and Flower states
  • I'd like to make use of sea / screen of green, hydro, or anything else that helps me get the most amount of ganja for the least amount of money in the fastest period of time.

Because there are already hot and cold water faucets in the room, running a hydro setup will be easier.  I've also thought about doing a bubble bucket setup.

Anyway, what are your thoughts - what would YOU do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Re: Need help with room design [Re: lopan]
    #377965 - 03/03/10 05:32 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

BTW - the first of my 7 seeds have sprouted. :rasta:

Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

#378292 - 03/04/10 06:37 AM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Here is what I am thinking of doing.  The back wall (furthest from the door) will be used as the fruiting area and can be sectioned off using black tarp.  The bench opposite the sink will be using for cloning, and for the mother.  I am going to replace the sink with a smaller one, and use the additional space for the vegetative area.

Another seed has sprouted this morning.  I'll probably move my efforts over to the grow journal area shortly.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #378604 - 03/04/10 07:31 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

If you go the black tarp route I would suggest getting that thing taut and using a tarp zip up to allow access to the area.  If you treat it like a drape/curtain you're flowering area will most likely suffer from light pollution from the veg cab.  IMO you would be better off sectioning off an area for veg then for flowering.  You need a lot less space to keep moms and clones then you do flowering plants.

Lucky you to find a house with a darkroom, I think i'd personally use it for a dark room but that's just me.  One thing ya got going for you is that room will most definitely be light tight and if you're lucky it should have an exhaust system setup to deal with the chemicals used in the darkroom.

Fuck, now I want to go break out my Pentax and go shoot some B+W.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Re: Need help with room design [Re: coda]
    #378724 - 03/05/10 08:02 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

If you go the black tarp route I would suggest getting that thing taut and using a tarp zip up to allow access to the area.  If you treat it like a drape/curtain you're flowering area will most likely suffer from light pollution from the veg cab.  IMO you would be better off sectioning off an area for veg then for flowering.  You need a lot less space to keep moms and clones then you do flowering plants.

I hear what you're saying.  I've had to use black tarp for light proofing previously and keeping it taut is definitely the key.  I went with some pretty thick tarp, staples and small pieces of cardboard and it worked pretty well.

So what you're saying is I should partition off a space for the 12/12 (Fruit) area, and keep the rest for 24/0 (Veg)?  Or the other way around?

Quote:

Lucky you to find a house with a darkroom, I think i'd personally use it for a dark room but that's just me.  One thing ya got going for you is that room will most definitely be light tight and if you're lucky it should have an exhaust system setup to deal with the chemicals used in the darkroom.

Fuck, now I want to go break out my Pentax and go shoot some B+W.

I thought that would be neat too, if it wern't for digital cameras.  That and it is the only extra room in the house, as my ferrets occupy the other one. :smile:  There is an exhaust fan already install, but a very low CFM one - so I'll replace it - at least the ducts are already there.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #378848 - 03/05/10 05:12 PM (14 years, 26 days ago)

Yah, hook up a stronger fan and you'll be good to go.  Hopefully the guy did it right (I'm assuming he did, photographic chemicals are naaaaasty) and that's all you need to do.

Definitely jealous, you found a house with a room pretty much set up for a grow lol.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies