Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOrganicWayzzzz
OrganicCult

Questions For The Pro's!
    #377642 - 03/03/10 09:08 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

How many watts should i try use for 6 x 6 x 6, should i still stick with 1 600w? or should i upgrade to a 1000w?

Is it wise to use a grow tent for a large flowering room and veg in maybe a smaller tent/cabinet set up?

If i were to veg in a small cabinet and use a lower W bulb would transfering from a 600w to 1000w cause any damage or immense shock?

Are carbon filters 80%, 90% effective against eliminating odors? Anyone know if connecting a duct to the CF would be fairly easy or would some handiwork be required?

Can i set my plants on a 24hr light cycle(veg) and use auto watering pots (soil med) to minimize traffic to my grow Or is some dark time in the veg a necessity?

Thank you for taking time to read my questions.
ORGY-

--------------------
I wish I had something to say, but I guess I'm okay with something to smoke.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Questions For The Pro's! [Re: OrganicWayzzzz]
    #377648 - 03/03/10 09:34 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I am not a pro but those are pretty basic ?'s. 1000w would be much better of course but you could use 600w.

yes the flower tent, veg tent/room, no you should not have a problem with the switch to flowering as long as the difference is not huge, you can also just keep the light up higher at first then lower them into the sweet spot.

Yes to CF question as long as your filter is designed to handle more then your fan is pulling and yes it's easy to set up commercially available filters have a flange right on them for the ducting.

and finally yes you can veg 24h no 'night' is needed and the benefits of having one are hotly debated.

hope that helps

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Edited by pha3r0 (03/03/10 09:35 AM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions For The Pro's! [Re: OrganicWayzzzz]
    #377651 - 03/03/10 09:35 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Lot's of questions man, many of them can be answered using the search function or by doing a little research, but I'm gonna throw you a bone here since you're a noob.

Rule of thumb for lighting is 50 watts per ft^2 which means that for a 6x6 space you would need at least 1800 watts...you could get by with the 600 that you have in addition to another 1000W system.
Also, most growers who have a separate veg area from the flowering room use lower wattage in veg than flower, so no it won't stress them (again if you did some research, you'd figure it out).

Tents, Cabs, Grow Rooms: they're all a matter of personal preference and what is convenient and cost effective for you.  Done right, they'll all yield good results.

Carbon filters are extremely effective on all but the stinkiest strains and most are designed to accept ducting.

24 hour veg is fine, so is 18, again its personal preference, and there are many schools of thought on the subject, but until you've done some research for yourself, just pick one and stick with it.

That was a freebie, now go do some research in addition, I don't like to give too many fish, cuz in the long run when we don't have an answer, you'll lose a whole crop.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Questions For The Pro's! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #377659 - 03/03/10 09:47 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Forgot to add that if your asking such basic questions you will probably benefit from a good bit of research before starting out. There is a lot to know beyond which lights to use and what kind of medium you want. If you want to have a successful grow begin by preparing your mind.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Re: Questions For The Pro's! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #377663 - 03/03/10 09:56 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Lot's of questions man, many of them can be answered using the search function or by doing a little research, but I'm gonna throw you a bone here since you're a noob.

Rule of thumb for lighting is 50 watts per ft^2 which means that for a 6x6 space you would need at least 1800 watts...you could get by with the 600 that you have in addition to another 1000W system.
Also, most growers who have a separate veg area from the flowering room use lower wattage in veg than flower, so no it won't stress them (again if you did some research, you'd figure it out).

Tents, Cabs, Grow Rooms: they're all a matter of personal preference and what is convenient and cost effective for you.  Done right, they'll all yield good results.

Carbon filters are extremely effective on all but the stinkiest strains and most are designed to accept ducting.

24 hour veg is fine, so is 18, again its personal preference, and there are many schools of thought on the subject, but until you've done some research for yourself, just pick one and stick with it.

That was a freebie, now go do some research in addition, I don't like to give too many fish, cuz in the long run when we don't have an answer, you'll lose a whole crop.

I agree 2 the tee with Mr. 81. I am only saying this to try to help. You need to do some more research all the way back to the Introdution of Cannabis.

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Questions For The Pro's! *DELETED* [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #377786 - 03/03/10 01:03 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: d

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions For The Pro's! [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #377804 - 03/03/10 01:19 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I wholly disagree...obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but any less than the 50 watts/ft^2 and the plants at the perimeter of your 6x6 space aren't going to achieve their full potential.  Even if you rotate plants into the high intensity areas of light, your yield will suffer no matter how experienced a grower you are.

With 1000 watts you want to limit the space to 4x4 or 4x5 at most.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #377831 - 03/03/10 01:55 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

yeah I disagree as well, 6x6 is a very large area to cover with just a single light. a single bulb, even a 1500W will have great illumination directly underneath it, but as you near the perimeter of that space the light will be so diminished that it'll be essentially useless.

--------------------

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Questions For The Pro's! *DELETED* [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #377897 - 03/03/10 03:29 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: d

Edited by wishcouldeletethis (03/03/10 03:40 PM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #377913 - 03/03/10 03:48 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Side by side, if you have the same grower do the same grow but with more light, the grower with more light will have better results.  End of story.  We're not saying it can't be done, we're saying you're doing yourself and your plants a disservice if you do.

Besides, a single 1000w bulb is not enough to be useful in that area unless you do have a light rail...if you can afford that, why not just get another lamp and ballast and have constant light?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules