Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

My Head Hurts...
    #374479 - 02/27/10 04:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys,

Wow it's been a while since I've posted anything in the cult forums. Anyway, I have a bit of an unusual problem...

Well I have one plant left in my system. She's a 100% sativa and tomorrow is her 14 week flowering marker. In my opinion though, she's is far from ready.

Now, I believe that the plant suffered some hefty root damage when I removed my skunk plant. It also went a week in fairly akaline water when I was flushing the skunk (I was careless and it was a busy week.) Since the flush I've been steadily bringing the nute levels back up to what they were (2.5EC) and right now I'm at about 2.1EC.

Now the plant looks a little odd. All major fan leaves have fallen off - no other leaves other than the bud leaves are visible on the plant. The plant seems to be less stressed now, but the beating it took is somewhat visible in the lower branches. Now the buds are not very large or dense, however this week, massive new bud growth has exploded throughout the plant. The buds were a decent size already, but now theres tons of white hairs all over the place. The tricrhomes are getting pretty close to 50% cloudy.

I think the week the PH was off threw the plant off, then the root damage I'm sure did a number, then of course (I wanted to be careful) bringing the nutes slowly back up has taken a while. I did it slowly because 2.1EC is fricken heavy water.

I'll try and get pictures up somehow, but it's hard as my good camera is kaput right now.

Anyway, has anyone ever experienced a delay in flowering due to stress? If so, is there anything I should know or do? Like I said the plant seems to be fine now, it just looks odd and there's tons of new growth everywhere. :shrug: Bear in mind I'm at 14 weeks now of flowering.

Please advise.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: My Head Hurts... [Re: TomCollins]
    #374697 - 02/27/10 04:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Bump.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #374705 - 02/27/10 04:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yep, stressing a plant out can definitely delay the harvest. I can't say I've personally experienced a plant undergoing an entirely new, secondary surge of growth but it doesn't surprise me honestly. I had a 7-8 week indica that got attacked by spider mites in the second week of flowering and stopped growing. once I got rid of the mites she resumed growth as usual but wasn't ready to harvest until about 9.5 weeks.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: My Head Hurts... [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #374715 - 02/27/10 04:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Yep, stressing a plant out can definitely delay the harvest. I can't say I've personally experienced a plant undergoing an entirely new, secondary surge of growth but it doesn't surprise me honestly. I had a 7-8 week indica that got attacked by spider mites in the second week of flowering and stopped growing. once I got rid of the mites she resumed growth as usual but wasn't ready to harvest until about 9.5 weeks.

Oh ok. That's actually pretty much what I wanted to hear. I wasn't too sure whether or not I was being stupid by not flushing now and harvesting tommorrow. :tongue:

So the best course of action would be simply to keep a close eye on the trichs. One thing that has puzzled me however is: if you do it that way, how can you flush the plant for a week without risking diminishing potency?

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #374718 - 02/27/10 04:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah... you sort of have to plan ahead. It's going to be very tough with your situation, you'd probably be okay with just a 3-4 day flush. I think that's about the best you can do in this case :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#374732 - 02/27/10 04:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I was also thinking just perhaps close observation of the trichs could prove helpful in this particular case. I was thinking perhaps when the trichs hit around 20%-30% amber I would begin flushing and then harvest whenever it looked ready.

How fast do cloudy trichs turn amber though? Does this happen in a matter of days or is it a very slow and gradual process? I can't recall how fast the trichs turned on my last plant. However, I think comparing the flowering time of skunk to haze is rather asinine anyway.

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #374738 - 02/27/10 04:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've never grown anything that took longer than 10 weeks so I'm pretty useless in this regard. Mine usually gave me about a weeks warning so you should be good, but I have no experience with such long sativas

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#374758 - 02/27/10 05:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, hopefully someone will shed some light. If not... whelp.... wish me luck. :crazy2:

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder