Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Are these seeds or False seed pods? (harvesting quesiton)
    #374176 - 02/26/10 04:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hi,

I'm am close to harvesting some plants.  This plant has been flowering for 7 weeks.  Its a bag seed.  This is my first grow and I am close to harvesting for the first time.  I am planning on harvesting buds at different stages of trichomes early middle and late.  But anyways I was just about to pick some buds off this plant and I noticed that many of the buds that are lower down on the plant have what appear to look like seeds.

Question #1 :
                Are these seeds I am seeing or are these what are commonly referred to as "False seed pods swelling with THC resin"??

Question #2 :
                I have two other plants next to this one.  I don't see any similar signs on the other two.  If these are seeds which I am seeing is there a danger of them pollinating my other plants and thus producing seeds on my other plants?

Question #3 :
              Also if that is the case should I harvest this whole plant now and get it the hell out of there before that happens?

Here are the pics:

As I said this is my first grow.  I must say how helpful and informative this website and its contributors have been whether from the vast amounts of information in the grow guides, or from the forums where I always get answers to whatever questions I have.  I received great advice from everyone through out my entire grow whenever I had a question or a concern about my plants.  Thank you very much !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe man

Re: Are these seeds or False seed pods? (harvesting quesiton) [Re: JRC]
    #374186 - 02/26/10 04:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

those thar are seeds yarrr.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #374190 - 02/26/10 04:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yep, those are definitely seeds, albeit not mature yet. they'll turn brown in the next couple weeks.

This means only one thing; your plant got pollinated somehow. I'm very surprised if your other plants are showing no signs since it looks to me like your plant must have gotten pollinated some time ago. it would be quite the miracle if none of your other plants received any pollen. Those seeds have no way of pollinating your other plants however, I would let this plant grow until those seeds are mature so you have something to start your next grow with. If your other plants were to get pollinated it would have already happened

--------------------

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Are these seeds or False seed pods? (harvesting quesiton) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #374218 - 02/26/10 05:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

oh well.  Thank you for taking a look at them.  I did have a male plant that I separated at fist signs of sex to another room upstairs.  I didn't throw it out right away because for a while I was contemplating breeding, but then I decided not to.  I thought I was careful not to touch the male plant at all, but maybe some pollen got in the air.  I wont make that mistake again.  I'll give my other plants a better inspection to see if there are any on the others. 

This plant with the seeds is still good to smoke right? I'll just have to remove the seeds when I come across them correct?

Live and learn I guess..

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #374228 - 02/26/10 06:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah the plant will still be fine to smoke just seperate the seeds, an easy way to do this is to break all the buds up to smaller size and put them on the top of a large piece of cardboard slanted up and take another slice of cardboard ands keep letting the buds slide part of the way down the large slanted piece and then catch them with the second piece and scrape them back up to the top and repeat. The seeds will fall fastr than the buds so they will all fall down the bottom of the slanted cardboard piece so have something ready to catch them , this is for seprating bbulk seeds from buds with only one plannt u could just pick them out it's a hassle tho

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom