Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? * 1
    #374201 - 02/26/10 05:20 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

maybe you could try grafting many different plants to one root stock.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? [Re: captain.koons]
    #374204 - 02/26/10 05:30 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Would say it's easier or harder than cloning? it sounds like fun to me but also a good way to kill a couple different plants at once. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #374215 - 02/26/10 05:45 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

and also, why do all those people in Amsterdam grow their indoor plants so freakin' tall? they must love their hash over there or something :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #374216 - 02/26/10 05:47 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

I don't think it's much harder than cloning. I wonder how this could be applied for outdoor growers... Maybe ShroomJew23 can tell us about his outdoor plantations using this method.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? [Re: captain.koons]
    #374231 - 02/26/10 06:18 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

lol. I think it would be very cool to flower a plant with 5 different strains on it, but the real advantage I see is in keeping mothers. you could have 15 different strains and still keep yourself under the plant limit. where I'm at we're only allowed 3 vegging plants per patient, so assuming you keep a mom for each strain that really limits the amount of cuttings you can take. Keeping all your genetics on a single plant could allow you to take more clones and keep the flowering room full. Very awesome idea, I might have to try this. Do you know of any better videos? they didn't really do a very good job of explaining in that video

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #374238 - 02/26/10 06:26 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

So I was reading around trying to find some more info, and amongst all the idiots (one guy claimed that cannabis and hops are the only two plants in the world that are dicots :facepalm:)  someone successfully grafted a cannabis branch to a grapevine. :eek:

I have an enormous lilac bush in my backyard, and I think grafting a single branch of an early-finishing cannabis strain would be a perfect way to grow a little outdoors and disguise it from my neighbors. Do you think that would work? I think it would be worth it for me at least to test. worst that happens is I lose a cutting or two

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
    #374240 - 02/26/10 06:29 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I have an enormous lilac bush in my backyard, and I think grafting a single branch of an early-finishing cannabis strain would be a perfect way to grow a little outdoors and disguise it from my neighbors.

:awetrippie:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #374241 - 02/26/10 06:29 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

I think it would be worth a try, that's for sure.  Don't you have way over 3 vegging plants now?  You're breaking an illegal law.  :lol:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #374247 - 02/26/10 06:31 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

no, I have my own license plus I'm legal caregiver for 4 patients. I'm still within my legal limits :wink:

I think the best would be to graft a branch to the top of a tree. then you could just water the tree to keep the plant happy and it would get full sunlight etc.

my mind is racing now :grin:

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#374252 - 02/26/10 06:34 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

You're going to revolutionize Guerrilla Gardening, making it Ninja Gardening! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #374254 - 02/26/10 06:35 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

I hope so. it would be very cool if this works but I think I need to practice with some indoor cannabis-to-cannabis grafts before hand so I have some idea of the proccess. If anyone wants to help me with the research please post the links in here so I can read them!

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #374260 - 02/26/10 06:40 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Ninja Gardening, i love it!  Finding information is one thing i can help you with here.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #374262 - 02/26/10 06:42 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

This is a short bit about grafting cannabis that came from R.C. Clarke's Marijuana Botany...

Quote:

Grafting

Intergeneric grafts between Cannabis and Humulus (hops) have fascinated researchers and cultivators for decades. Warmke and Davidson (1943) claimed that Humbles tops grafted upon Cannabis roots produced ". . . as much drug as leaves from intact hemp plants, even though leaves from intact hop plants are completely nontoxic." According to this research, the active ingredient of Cannabis was being produced in the roots and transported across the graft to the Humulus tops. Later research by Crombie and Crombie (1975) entirely disproves this theory. Grafts were made between high and low THC strains of Cannabis as well as intergeneric grafts between Cannabis and Humulus, Detailed chromatographic analysis was performed on both donors for each graft and their control populations. The results showed ". . . no evidence of transport of inter mediates or factors critical to cannabinoid formation across the grafts."

Grafting of Cannabis is very simple. Several seedlings can be grafted together into one to produce very interesting specimen plants. One procedure starts by planting one seed ling each of several separate strains close together in the same container, placing the stock (root plant) for the cross in the center of the rest. When the seedlings are four weeks old they are ready to be grafted. A diagonal cut is made approximately half-way through the stock stem and one of the scion (shoot) seedlings at the same level. The cut portions are slipped together such that the inner cut surfaces are touching. The joints are held with a fold of cellophane tape. A second scion from an adjacent seedling may be grafted to the stock higher up the stem. After two weeks, the unwanted portions of the grafts are cut away. Eight to twelve weeks are needed to complete the graft, and the plants are maintained in a mild environment at all times. As the graft takes, and the plant begins to grow, the tape falls off.

http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/botany_guide.php

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#374266 - 02/26/10 06:53 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

In searching for info I came across a bit of interesting information. Apparently there is a transfer of genetic materials between cells of grafted flowering plants.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7048005_Historical_and_modern_genetics_of_plant_graft_hybridization

http://www.springerlink.com/content/l833714442252h53/fulltext.pdf?page=1

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #374270 - 02/26/10 06:57 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

The dutch are limited to five plants so I guess they veg them a bunch longer which may explain the height of their plants.

The video seemed detailed enough to tackle graphing. You want to make complimentary v cuts having the cutting being taken as the "male end" and the branch the cut is being put onto the "female end" the dude in the video says some rooting hormone will seal the wound quickly but he doesn't bother and he just applies a bandage of some sort.

For clarity the male end will be cut so stem is shaved off leaving a v and the female end will have a v cut out of it.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#374274 - 02/26/10 07:01 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
The dutch are limited to five plants so I guess they veg them a bunch longer which may explain the height of their plants.

The video seemed detailed enough to tackle graphing. You want to make complimentary v cuts having the cutting being taken as the "male end" and the branch the cut is being put onto the "female end" the dude in the video says some rooting hormone will seal the wound quickly but he doesn't bother and he just applies a bandage of some sort.

For clarity the male end will be cut so stem is shaved off leaving a v and the female end will have a v cut out of it.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #374278 - 02/26/10 07:05 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

This is sick. I'm going to try this.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? [Re: Dephect]
    #374286 - 02/26/10 07:17 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

:popcorn:

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? [Re: Triptonic]
    #374316 - 02/26/10 07:45 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Don't alot of rooting compounds work by breaking down the outer tissue of the stem?  I would think that would be a bad thing for a tender graft...

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: want to keep moms but are limited to the amount of plants you can keep? [Re: DudeTron]
    #374319 - 02/26/10 07:47 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

I dont think you use rooting compounds though. Not sure on that one, but I dont think I heard him say it in the video.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds