Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: What do yall do to sleep [Re: Louiscypher]
    #367900 - 02/18/10 10:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

thats 12 bucks for 30 doses (60 pills) where ambien with health insurance for a month only runs me 10 bucks  :laugh: For some reason it costs twice as much as other medications though. but yeah to be fair natural ways are usually safer and better for you. Like good ol'herb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Loc: INEUPHORIA
Re: What do yall do to sleep [Re: pha3r0]
    #367933 - 02/18/10 10:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pha3r0 said:
When you have no herb.

Cause fuck I been up all night every time I lay down my head gets filled with thoughts about everything from growing to fucking and I can't sleep. Wife cut me off of her xanax too.

I had the same problem with marijuana when I tried to stop. But, that was only when I was really upset about discontinuing its' use. When I decided to quit for other reasons, mostly to help myself, I slept well. It may very well be psychosomatic. :shrug:

But anyway, Tylenol PM has worked well for me in the past. You could also try some warm milk or another warm beverage before bed. Valerian root is also good.

--------------------

OfflineMoose-dub
gaining much experience
Male User Gallery

Re: What do yall do to sleep [Re: m00nshine]
    #368010 - 02/19/10 02:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ya man I'd look into melatonin.

Its a natural sleep aid, no chemicals at all.

Melatonin is naturally produced in our bodies when our biological clocks are telling us its time to get ready for sleep. In humans its released in much larger quantities in darkness.

So its basically an extra boost of what your body is already producing. I have used it many times in the past and if your not going for any sricpts its def the next best choice.

Give it a try let us know how it works for ya.

Peace

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #368898 - 02/20/10 06:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pha3r0 said:
When you have no herb.

Cause fuck I been up all night every time I lay down my head gets filled with thoughts about everything from growing to fucking and I can't sleep. Wife cut me off of her xanax too.

There are other "herbs" & supplements out there that will help you drift off to sleep...

The one i recommend the most would be Valerian root. It's worked great for me in the past. It actually works in a very similar way to a Benzodiazepine so :thumbup:.

Kava is another one i would suggest trying...

I have taken a combination of a few select herbs/supplements for sleepy time before...Some Valerian root, Kava, Chamomile tea, and a bit of melatonin and you should drift off to sleep rather effortlessly...

I see several people have recommended melatonin...The thing with melatonin, less is more. Most melatonin supplements come in 3mg-5mg, which is more than you need. Take to much and it's counter effective, you may find it even more difficult to sleep. So depending on the mg i suggest splitting the pills into 1/4s, 1/3s, or at least 1/2s....And only take it occasionally when you really need it. Give your self at least 8 hours of sleep time, it's not to uncommon to be a bit slow in the morn if you took melatonin the night before....

Hope this helps some...

:2cents:

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#370400 - 02/22/10 11:44 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pha3r0 said:
When you have no herb.

I suffer from horrific insomnia. I use to stay up for days on end when I was a child.

Here are some simple methods I use:
1. Daily exercise is key and eating well too.
2. Camomile tea right before bed and a good book is always a nice combo.
3. Sometimes if I just don't feel like reading, I put on a movie but I don't watch it, I just close my eyes - listening to music makes me think about things, but when I put on a movie my mind is like a blank sheet of paper. What I do specifically is I put my mac next to my bed, and turn off the screen. :shrug:

Also heres one more, now I don't know if your much of a believer in the power of the mind or shit like that but I've been reading Erhard F. Freitag's self help book titled: The Subconscious Mind. Good read - however, it's mainly about dealing with depression - however, last week I took a tolerance break, and had a lot of trouble sleeping; so, I decided to try and apply Freitags methods to sleeping.

The idea is, you actively communicate with your subconscious and tell it what you want and don't want. So if your experimental try this out, and make a ritual out of it:

1. Close your eyes, and say this aloud: "I wish for my thoughts to be clouds, disappearing into the wind. From now on, my mind will be blank and I will go to sleep. No new thoughts or memories will come into my head. I take all my worries and all my problems into my hand..." (touch your forehead with your hand) ..."I take them out of my mind and into my hand..." (take hand away and close fist) "I take them into my hand and I put them under my pillow..." (put hand under pillow and open palm) "and I leave my problems and my worries under my pillow, until tomorrow morning.

I know this sounds uber corny but it helped me. :shrug:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom