Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Fungus of some kind, is it harmful?
    #357171 - 02/03/10 10:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys I am about to go inspect this and snap some pics but my buddy told me 3 of the clones have some white fungus or mold growing on the surface of the dirt. He says it looks like a dust of baby powder or something.

They are in a closet with less then optimal air flow but temperature stays in the 80's and humidity is never over 40. The surface has been dry in between watering.

My first thought is powdery mildew but I have never seen it so I wont know what I am looking at. Pic's will be forthcoming

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fungus of some kind, is it harmful? [Re: pha3r0]
    #357172 - 02/03/10 10:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

powdery mildew sounds accurate to me also. if you can increase the airflow that would likely solve the problem, but if not, then invest in some physan20. it's the most incredible anti-everything I've ever found and it's completely safe for your plants. plus, only about $10 for a 6 month supply

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Fungus of some kind, is it harmful? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #357179 - 02/03/10 11:08 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

cool great to get a response before I head out.

They will be going into there grow box soon it just needs a fan and since they were going okay in the closet we put it on the back burner.

I will see if he can get a fan on them at least till then and I'll toss in pics when I return for verification.

Edit: I searched the physan20 stuff, didn't read it all but would that stuff knock out the good microbes in your dirt also? just curious

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Edited by pha3r0 (02/03/10 11:13 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #357206 - 02/03/10 12:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yes sir, it knocks out EVERYTHING. however, there are some very cheap and very effective beneficial solutions to recolonize afterwards. Hydroguard by botanicare is amazing... but I think they just changed the name to aquashield or something. if you have some money, GH SubcultureB and SubM are awesome too

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#357303 - 02/03/10 05:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

On a different note I had some unknown crazy mushrooms grow out of like 5-6 pots that I had inside for starting and the plants actually did better than the rest in the long run.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fungus of some kind, is it harmful? [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #357307 - 02/03/10 05:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Beware of powdery mildew if that's the case.  That shit will multiply so fast it's ridiculous.  But harry had it right, get rid of any standing water, reduce the humidity a little if you can, and most importantly get more air moving in your grow space.

I dealt with P. Mildew once before and I hope to god it's the last.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Fungus of some kind, is it harmful? [Re: coda]
    #357327 - 02/03/10 06:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

haha right on well we kinda moved things around and the box will be back in operation soon hopefully it will be sufficient air flow. We also repotted the three that were in smaller cups. Not into a final pot but much better then the red cups.

I tried and tried to get a pic of the stuff but it just disappears in the photo so I did a little reading and looked at some photos and I am pretty sure that that is the deal. If it gets worse tomorrow we will step up the assault.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#358015 - 02/05/10 12:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

bleh pics were horrible this is the best i could really get. it wasn't as much as i thought it was just a few small patches. hes got a fan in place now so problem should resolve itself.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #358018 - 02/05/10 12:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

actually that looks more to me like just salt buildup from the nutes

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#358047 - 02/05/10 01:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

interesting these have only been given a very small amount on nutes so far but the stuff we use has generally raised the soil PH slowly. we will watch them close and well check PH next watering.

thanks for the input harry

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #358108 - 02/05/10 02:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No problem bro-ha-ha-ha. don't quote me on the salt thing though, it's kinda hard to tell from the pics, I'm just trying to give an alternate hypothesis to keep the options open

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #358280 - 02/06/10 12:07 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

PHYSAN 20™ is a broad range disinfectant, fungicide, virucide, and algaecide which effectively controls a wide variety of pathogens on hard surfaces and plants. Its applications include greenhouses; hard surfaces; lawn and turfgrass; seedlings and cut flowers; decorative fountains, pools and birdbaths; and plants

Myself for white powder mildew I like to use a sulfur burner.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Fungus of some kind, is it harmful? [Re: Magash]
    #358426 - 02/06/10 12:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well it's pretty much gone so either the water rinsed the salts or the fan fixed the mildew. Either way they are all looking 100% again.

I think I would try not to use that physan20 stuff unless it was life or death it sounds like a nuke for soil. Good lookin on the advise guys.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds