Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
New Cab/Box is finished * 1
    #354728 - 01/28/10 10:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Ok so after a couple weeks of being lazy I finally managed to get the motivation to finish this thing in the last couple of days.  Mainly because I'm about to harvest and need to transfer all of the equipment from that box to the new one, along with 5 bushy little vegging females. :smile:

So I just used a simple passive air vent system with small light blinds that were painted flat black, to help with light leaks (in a completely dark basement anyways so the only time this matters is if I'm in the veg box during the night cycle) and painted the inside with water-sealer primer, 3 coats.  It's really nice and durable and VERY bright, more than I would have imagined.

I also installed a 133CFM computer fan, that was the largest and most powerful I could find, and it was expensive because something about providing static pressure?  Not sure what that means exactly but it was the only one like it and it's very strong.  I used it in the old box but that box had no actual ventilation system, I just circulated bad air inside the box and I think that screwed things up but I was just getting dialed in for this grow anyway.

The front, w/ rope handle and jerry rigged locks. :wink: Simple and effective

The top w/ electrical cord access (will be sealed after installation of lighting and fan power) and outtake fan, and all joints sealed with silicon.

Front w/ door open.

One of the passive intakes near the floor.

The same vent w/ light shroud on the outside.

The 133CFM Computer fan, ready for power.

Looking down at the vents from near the top.

The Scrog Screen (built for another box, and may need a new one that is a few inches larger... Maybe.

So, that's what $40 can build you (w/out fan that was $15) with a little patience and time (well and tools of course).  I hope you like it as much as I do because it is about 10x better and lighter than what I am using, although it's only 6 inches taller at 2'x2'x4', it seems to be the perfect size for  someone looking to just grow their own smoke, and a decent amount of it! :wink:  What do ya think?

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: New Cab/Box is finished [Re: Inverted]
    #354731 - 01/28/10 10:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thats the worst growbox I have ever seen.

LOL just kiddin man, looks good.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: New Cab/Box is finished [Re: Triptonic]
    #354733 - 01/28/10 10:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah looking good :smile:

how big is it ?

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: New Cab/Box is finished [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #354738 - 01/28/10 11:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah dude that thing looks sick, what about the floor though.:ooo:

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: New Cab/Box is finished [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #354789 - 01/29/10 01:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looks sick inverted! :highfive:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: New Cab/Box is finished [Re: TomCollins]
    #355008 - 01/29/10 05:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
Yeah looking good :smile:

how big is it ?

Gracias, I think I mentioned the size but maybe not.  It's exactly 2' x 2' x 4' only because the sanded plywood panels came in 2x4' sheets and were fairly cheap that way.  If I would have went with 3x3x4, I would have had to upgrade to a larger HPS, or would have had to use ALL of my lighting for flowering, and couldn't have a VEG box.  I think it will work fine for personal crops, especially w/ a scrog.

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
Yeah dude that thing looks sick, what about the floor though.:ooo:

The entire box sits up on an elevated section of the floor.  It's basically like a mini stage in my basement built out of 2x4's and plywood.  It's 1 foot tall and from the wall it comes out 4-5 ft, and is about 10 feet wide.  It's used in case the basement floods and important belongings need to be kept completely dry.  It works fine because I set my 2 cabs up on it.  I think that will be fine for the floor.  I could throw one in quick like in my old flowering cab but I want as much vertical space as possible.  I was also tossing the idea of using a soil bed v. pots... :strokebeard:

Quote:

Spency said:
Looks sick inverted! :highfive:

Thanks brother!  Glad to hear from you!  I hope this inspires more people to build a custom box for their applications instead of dropping $200 on a tent.  Although security might be an issue for others, but what would you tell a guest your tent is for?  :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #355049 - 01/29/10 06:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Nice work Inverted. Can't wait to see you push your next batch out of that baby.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: New Cab/Box is finished [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #355053 - 01/29/10 07:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You and me both man!  In all honesty my current harvest made me look like a noob.  Well, probably because it was my first full seed to sack run indoors, as I usually grow them for 3-4 weeks in my veg box and then I transfer them OD to either veg longer or to flower them right away.

I wouldn't say it turned out bad, but for the years of experience I have and the amount of knowledge I possess, I should have had a better outcome.  But anywhoooo, I was just getting warmed up, and have been putting forth 100% effort into the 5 females I have vegging.  Soon my friends... :evil2:

--------------------

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
    #355163 - 01/29/10 10:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Wow what a total piece of shit. Seriously dude you fail at life hang yourself now. :tongue: I envy you

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies