Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKrielow

Very Sick!
    #354534 - 01/28/10 01:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

this plant is in a 5 gallon bucket with soil and i believed i have messed up on the watering somehow but i am not sure if i am over or under watered the plant does not feel mushy or dry she is just drooping very much can anyone help me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKrielow

Re: Very Sick! [Re: Krielow]
    #354539 - 01/28/10 02:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

one mor ething to add two of the fan leaves have really small holes well really tears that are yellowing just around where the tear is hope this helps!

OfflineTomCollins

#354540 - 01/28/10 02:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looks like over watering to me. How does the soil feel? Stick your finger right into the soil, don't just feel the surface with your hand.

Can we see pictures of the tear? Check the underside of your leaves - could be pests.

Last but not least, please give more info. Fill this out: https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/53005

... then edit and add it to your post.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineKrielow

#354543 - 01/28/10 02:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed
2. How old are your plants? 2.5 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? 1.5-2 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 gallon
5. What is your soil mix? custom mix from rose garden
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? every other day now but i had made a mistake with too much water
7. What is the pH of your water? no meter
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? no fertilizer
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? tried foliar spray for first week with carbonated water
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 2 26W daylight CFL's
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 2-3 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? walk in closet not sure of sq ft
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 70 degrees cant tell humidity but its comfortable in home
14. What is the pH of the soil? no meter
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no insects
16. How much experience do you have growing? first attempt

i feel like my drainage might not be sufficient because i did do the finger test and the first about 3 inches of the soil is dry and loose but as i go deeper it "feels" kind of moist my cam wont focus on how small the hole is but its a tiny hole with a slight tint of yellow around it, thank you for the help!

OfflineKrielow

#354544 - 01/28/10 02:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

oh one more thing my plant is only about an inch or two tall but it is VERY wide probably almost 9 inches wide sorry i forgot to add that!

OfflineTomCollins

#354554 - 01/28/10 02:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yikes.... you got a lot of work to do.

3 inches dry? Hrmm.... I've only ever grown hydroponically so it's difficult for me to say if thats good. However, I still think you've over watered it. I know the way roots work is they grow, to reach moisture and nutes lower down - ergo, if you have too much water in your system, the plants roots can't develop properly because they don't know where to go. So perhaps allow your substrate to really dry out well. Let it sit for a week maybe? Hopefully one of the soil growers on the forum will swing by soon and give you some better advice.

There are drainage holes on the bottom of the pot right?

You definitely want to upgrade your lights a bit if you want anything decent out of this harvest. The plant would also grow and absorb water and nutes fast too, so in general I think you would see less problems. If you plan to grow more in the future, I would recommend an HPS - seriously worth it.

You need to get a ph meter. Fast. It's not a joke, you seriously need to know what the ph of your soil and water is. If a plant is outside optimal PH range it will nute-lock and either die, hermie or just turn out male. This is especially important now because your in veg. If your PH is fucked when you enter flowering, I doubt you'll be smoking anything in a few months.

Do you have a fan of some sort in your setup? An oscillating fan is perfect. Remember, not to close. Just close enough so the plant's leaves move slightly when the fan turns onto the plant.

You kinda screwed up on the soil since you have no clue what the nutrient content is. However, at 2.5 weeks I think your suppose to be feed that sucker by now no? Considering how much you've watered it, I'm sure the soil is pretty flushed. :rofl2:

Also, carbonated water is not a foliar spray. Haha, that's called the seltzer tek. Keep doing it though if your willing, I think it really helps if you don't have proper air flow in and out of your grow space.

So bottom line: Until you get a better response, just leave the plant alone and keep those lights on.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #354557 - 01/28/10 03:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

To me the soil you are using looks like it has manure possibly?
Roses also usually like a slightly more acidic soil compared to cannabis also. So if your using rose bedding chances are your ph is out of whack.

But then i see you tried foliar feeding with carbonated water. Seedling should not be feed anything at 2 and a half weeks old, much less foliar feeding at that age.

Next i would say to open up your drainage holes to about a half inch round and make sure to put at least three along the bottom edge. At 2 and a half weeks old watering every other day is probly too much for it also. It is small and young and will not use to much water right away. As the plant starts to grow and the root system expands you will have to increase the waterings but for now a good watering should last your little plant almost a week.

And then the lighting could be upped by another 2 bulbs at least. But again, as it grows the requirements will increase as well.

I think it will pull through. Looks pretty droopy right now but is a lush green color. So limit the watering, and make better drainage, check into the ph of your soil and think about getting another set of lights for your grow.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Very Sick! [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #354560 - 01/28/10 03:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
But then i see you tried foliar feeding with carbonated water. Seedling should not be feed anything at 2 and a half weeks old, much less foliar feeding at that age.

SpaceMonkey, it's carbonated water... he's not feeding it anything cept c02 and water. :tongue:

@ Krielow: Just stumbled across this and I think it may help you out a bit.
http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=992013

--------------------
andyistic said:

Edited by TomCollins (01/28/10 03:21 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Very Sick! [Re: TomCollins]
    #354574 - 01/28/10 03:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ahhh, ok.
But still, with the excess watering then spraying them probly wasn't beneficial either way, just my opinion. They sound like they have been water logged from the start. But the soil I think will reveal ph problems. I grow roses and they seem to thrive in high ph soils and like it alot hotter(nitrogen) then a seedling should have.

--------------------

OfflineKrielow

#354576 - 01/28/10 03:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

wow thanks guys! the help is very much appreciated so right now on my to do list is im going to expand my drainage holes because as i have 3 they are no where near half inch in diameter (might have caused all problems) believe it or not she is actually already starting to perk up a bit as i have not watered her in about 3 days would you guys suggest me getting another pot and soil and tyransplanting her? im not trying to go for gold since this is my first time im just hoping i have osmewhere around an oz, im also going to add 2 more 26W daylight cfl's for good measure im making a trip to the hydro store probably tomorrow and im going to get the fox farm nutrients any suggestions on when i should start using them? also i have seen ph meters are around 400$ seeing as i dont have that kind of cash i found one for about 20 bucks so i was wondering if using a 20$ ph meter is bad, thank you for all the help!

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #354578 - 01/28/10 03:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Just get some PH test strips they are cheap and plentyful. Does your soil have any nutes in it?

OfflineKrielow

#354579 - 01/28/10 03:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i may be just being too hopeful lol but here is a pic from today (the first pic was from yesterday) yall can give me an unbiased opinion if its getting better

OfflineKrielow

#354582 - 01/28/10 03:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

my soil has nutes by means of manure,burnt leaves, and some other things i believe but as i did not make the soil i can only see things that i can tell, should i start using fox farm nutes asap?

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Very Sick! [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #354583 - 01/28/10 03:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
ahhh, ok.
But still, with the excess watering then spraying them probly wasn't beneficial either way, just my opinion.

Fo sho.

@ Krielow:

No don't transplant. Just leave your plant alone. Make those holes bigger, get some more lights and get those PH test strips. If your going to the hydro store, I'm sure they'll have the strips your looking for. Also, be sure to buy some PH calibration solutions or powders - have to be able to fix your PH if it's off.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineKrielow

#354584 - 01/28/10 03:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

oh and if you look on the right most leaf you can see the tear i was talking about

OfflineTomCollins

#354585 - 01/28/10 03:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeap. I wouldn't worry about that tear. It's probably just from deformation in the leaves caused by a bad PH. :shrug:

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #354586 - 01/28/10 03:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

My plant looked the same way a long time ago, I'm going to say that its a PH problem.

It even had the tear in the leaf :lol:

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Very Sick! [Re: Triptonic]
    #354587 - 01/28/10 03:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You can by cheap ph test strips or a cheap meter at most ace hardware stores. The cheaper it is the less accurate but it at least dials you in close enough. As far as the soil goes, nah leave it in there, just get yourself some ph testing stuff and get your soil tuned up.

Being you have what looks like alot of cow manure or horse manure content in that soil, i would be quite hesitant on feeding to much with the solutions at this point. I think that the manure will be sufficient to get you by in the vegetative cycle and may only need to feed extra potassium while in bloom. And by the way, that new picture you posted, The plant looks alright actually!

Edit: after getting a better look, it does look all twisted! But not to far gone yet.

--------------------

OfflineKrielow

#354592 - 01/28/10 03:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ok so ph is the key im probably going look around town now for some litmus paper if my ph is too acidic or too basic how do i fix this? ph up and down? if so how do i use the ph up and down? also do i ph the water or ph the soil? can i use litmus paper for soil? and currently im using nestea bottled water to feed it, sorry for so many questions but you guys are on point! lol

OfflineTomCollins

#354598 - 01/28/10 04:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Krielow said:
ok so ph is the key im probably going look around town now for some litmus paper if my ph is too acidic or too basic how do i fix this? ph up and down? if so how do i use the ph up and down? also do i ph the water or ph the soil? can i use litmus paper for soil? and currently im using nestea bottled water to feed it, sorry for so many questions but you guys are on point! lol

1. Your hydro store will carry litmus tests.
2. PH up and down organic buffers work.

3. How you use the ph calibrators depend on whether you get powder or solution. Whatever you get, just read the instructions on the back. :tongue: It depends of course how whack your PH is.

Be careful though. It's easy to add too much and throw your PH off in the other direction. Cautiously add small amounts until you hit the spot.

Also, you PH the water. Not to sure about testing litmus in soil, but I think so.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck