Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: This motherfucker [Re: Stoneth]
    #354903 - 01/29/10 12:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Agreed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: This motherfucker [Re: Triptonic]
    #354904 - 01/29/10 12:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
So if you had a child who was mentally handicapped you would put him to death? I doubt it highly.

No I wouldn't.
I think it would be great for the world if it happened, for the world really be a more efficient place. And for the betterment of mankind it would be the best thought ever. But I would never allow something like this to be implemented. It would be a horrible thing. (although if I became mentally handicapped I want to die.) You can look at the benefits of an idea without wanting their actual use.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#354905 - 01/29/10 12:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:
So if you had a child who was mentally handicapped you would put him to death? I doubt it highly.

Exactly!

He doesn't get that mental handicap people create jobs, putting them to death means even more care givers out of work.:yesnod:

But in my opinion being a care giver is the most worthless thing a person could do with their life.

The don't do anything good for society at all.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
    #354907 - 01/29/10 12:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Can you tell me a in a world where everyone in the world was able bodied would be worse that one where some people can't do a job at all, and would actually require someone else to have a unproductive job for socie

Yea the real world.

I don't care how far you go someone is always looking after you.

Examples parents, bosses, and government.

You want to talk about something meaning full what should we do with all the well bodied people who sit at home refuse to work.

These are the ones who truly hold back the rest of the people of the world.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #354909 - 01/29/10 12:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

Exactly!

He doesn't get that mental handicap people create jobs, putting them to death means even more care givers out of work.:yesnod:

But in my opinion being a care giver is the most worthless thing a person could do with their life.

In that case hope you never have an accident and need one.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#354910 - 01/29/10 12:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Quote:

Can you tell me a in a world where everyone in the world was able bodied would be worse that one where some people can't do a job at all, and would actually require someone else to have a unproductive job for socie

Yea the real world.

I don't care how far you go someone is always looking after you.

Examples parents, bosses, and government.

You want to talk about something meaning full what should we do with all the fell bodied people who sit at home refuse to work.

These are the ones who truly hold back the rest of the people of the world.

I personally encourage some enticement method to get those people working.

I have contemplated this many times think government tax breaks to those who find a new job after being laid off/losing a job for the first year after they get a full time job. But I don't really think it would work, just the only idea I could think of.

I also believe the legalization of some drugs would cause a large sector of jobs to open up.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#354911 - 01/29/10 12:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

Exactly!

In that case hope you never have an accident and need one.

I would hope by then suicide is legal.
I believe every individual in the world has a right to death. If they truely wish for it, they should be allowed it. Painlessly as well if wished.

--------------------

Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

#354912 - 01/29/10 12:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Not trying to make it personak and feel free to tell me to fuckoff but what condition is your mom in? Does she "contribute" to society?(in a non abstract way of course). And what about when you want to retire and aren't being efficient anymore, kill yourself?

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #354913 - 01/29/10 12:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

No I wouldn't.
I think it would be great for the world if it happened, for the world really be a more efficient place. And for the betterment of mankind it would be the best thought ever. But I would never allow something like this to be implemented. It would be a horrible thing. (although if I became mentally handicapped I want to die.) You can look at the benefits of an idea without wanting their actual use.

So if your child was mentally handicapped and unable to take care of him/herself you WOULD feel that they deserve to live? Just want you to confrim this.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

#354914 - 01/29/10 12:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I also believe the legalization of some drugs would cause a large sector of jobs to open up.

I could see some job opening if that were to happen, not much as much as is needed now, tho.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: tsollost]
    #354915 - 01/29/10 12:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tsollost said:
Not trying to make it personak and feel free to tell me to fuckoff but what condition is your mom in? Does she "contribute" to society?(in a non abstract way of course). And what about when you want to retire and aren't being efficient anymore, kill yourself?

One of the reasons I could never support the idea personally. Only when I look at the ends can I justify my means. So yea, you got me I don't support it really happening. But I see it as being good for mankind.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #354916 - 01/29/10 12:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

No I wouldn't.

So if your child was mentally handicapped and unable to take care of him/herself you WOULD feel that they deserve to live? Just want you to confrim this.

yes

I am just argueing all the benefits there would be, I am a person that uses their emotions. Sometimes I like to just think logically down some thought without letting anything like emotions.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#354918 - 01/29/10 12:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Quote:

I could see some job opening if that were to happen, not much as much as is needed now, tho.

Yea, but every bit helps. I figure it will be a considerable ammount though. Think of it this way, the drug trade would now be in corperations, and they would be publicly traded and have stock to invest in.

Society is more prone to drug use during a depression than any other time, so it would help encourage job growth.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#354958 - 01/29/10 02:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

There is more to society than efficiency.  Art, music, love; these things are not created efficiently.  Do they have a place in society?  Do they really advance us all that more?  You might as well lump the creatives in with the mentally challenged, for their advancement of society in the way it seems you are talking about is non-existent.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (01/29/10 02:13 PM)

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: THEBats]
    #354983 - 01/29/10 03:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
There is more to society than efficiency.  Art, music, love; these things are not created efficiently.  Do they have a place in society?  Do they really advance us all that more?  You might as well lump the creatives in with the mentally challenged, for their advancement of society in the way it seems you are talking about is non-existent.

wait... what do you mean Art, and music are not created efficiently?

Their place in society is as an art form.

They are a required commodity in the modern world.

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #355005 - 01/29/10 05:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

wait... what do you mean Art, and music are not created efficiently?

Their place in society is as an art form.

They are a required commodity in the modern world.

nope.  By your own logic art is a frivolity, it doesn't do anything to advance society, therefore eliminating it would greatly benefit the human race, you can't have it both was.

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

Quote:

1.  While that is true to a certain extent most cultures have rules and boundaries on cold-blooded murder/rape.  These guidelines are almost universal to human culture.

But there are individuals who don't view it as wrong. That proves that morality isn't set in stone. All of our moralities are different from each other, and there are probably some of us that have radically different moralities on certain issues. So if a person doesn't think it is immoral to kill some, what makes it wrong?

Quote:

2.  That is one example in a sea of many.  There are plenty of people who steal, ect not because they think it's right but because they've weighed the reward vs. the potential consequences.  Others do it for reason that have little to do with the possession it self but rather the act of stealing.

But if they think it is worth it, doesn't that mean that it seems to be the correct action to take according to them.

Quote:

4 &5.  Again I would say certain aspects of society are universal.  I can't think of a society where rape, murder or stealing isn't punishable in some way if it's an act committed against the group.

still, morality is not the same for everyone though. I am certain some people don't think rape is wrong. I am certain some people don't think murder is wrong, and I am certain some people think steal isn't wrong.

And your point that moralilty being different among cultures doesn't mean morality is that variable.  It
is to some extent variable, but not to the extent you are claiming.  The cultures who think its okay to murder, i'm unaware of any, but if there are just because they don't have these rules it doesn't mean any murders they commit is okay.  That's hogwash.

These people are simply succumbing to their animal instincts and shunning their powers of reason that makes them unique in this world.  Morality is simply an extension of reason. 

We've come to realize that there are certain universal standards of behavior, that if adhered to allow us in society to feel safe, secure, and to live our lives, and live in the kind of society we have where we are not constantly have to defend the food and goods we have from rivals who would steal from us.  In return for the implicit trust that people will not steal from us, we do not steal from them.

Morality is simply an extension of reason in which standards of behavior that allow us all to flourish are laid out.  Everyone has the innate ability to it, though some may choose to ignore it.

You talk so much about advancing society and only keeping people around if they are worth it, well how about keeping moral standards around because without some sense of morality in life, without some sense of respect for other's liberty and property there is no way we would have advanced this far.  We would still be living off the land, and stealing food and property from each other by force.

We simply cannot advance as a society, without having some groundwork, some sort of rules and morality that allows us to flourish.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: Doitagain]
    #355009 - 01/29/10 05:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You still haven't told me how a world without mentally retarded people would be better than one with.

You can argue about my reasoning all you want, but I'm still right that the world would be more efficient without them.

And also, it is a flaw in my opinion that humanity thinks we are better than animals. Since we are just animals.

Also;
Quote:

So enjoy putting people down whom can't defend themselves just proves how sad of a person you really are

Stoney I didn't put them down, I just called the mentally retarded what they are.

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #355010 - 01/29/10 05:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

we are animals but we have mental capablities that set us apart.  It's true they are the only thing that sets us apart, but its big enough.  We have more power on this world than any species and alos more responsiblity.

You can't logically argue we are no different from animals, when we possess such reasoning ability.  That's what sets us apart from animals and is what sets our standards of behavior apart from animals.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: Doitagain]
    #355012 - 01/29/10 05:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Back to my original story; he messaged a whole lot of people and called me a douchbag stoner.

Time to make a non threatening angry phone call.

-edit-

After I called him he se "I'll stop my shit. I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

--------------------

Edited by Thebooedocksaint (01/29/10 05:46 PM)

OfflineCosmoCoastin
BURRstingg
 User Gallery

Loc: Black Hole
Re: This motherfucker [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #355110 - 01/29/10 09:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
i have a lot of sympathy for the blind.  brush it off man.  People are so stupid it's not worth the time sometimes.

QFT i just ignore the ignorant.

--------------------
occupied: perZonal chemica-lecular reZearch

BOUT TA GET ON DOWN

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale