Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: This motherfucker [Re: Doitagain]
    #354665 - 01/28/10 07:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wrong, his actions were the correct thing to do to further and purify the german race and weed out the undesirables, not the correct thing to do ethically.  He was well aware of the suffering and pain he would have caused these people, he was far too smart not to be, he just didn't give a shit because they were not like him.  That's xenophobia, bigotry, and ethnocentrism, all of which are evil.

But to him the correct thing to do was to purify the german race.

Quote:

Well regarding that tribe, obviously they are very primitive.  Xenophobia is a natural human conditon that some of us have overcome to varying degrees.  To a certain extent its a survival instinct.  I don't think that the behavior of the tribe is justified, though to them it is as they don't see someone not of their tribe as a person.  Just because they can justify it, doesn't mean it is not immoral.  People who have attained a higher sense of morality, have gotten over their xenophobia enough to see outsiders as human.

Morality is objective. They just don't see killing someone to resolve grief as a morally wrong thing.

Quote:

I'm not saying no jobs help mankind, i'm saying it's fallacious to assume just because you have a job you are doing good for mankind. There are some jobs that help mankind, and some that hurt it and some that do bad and good.  I'm not saying its not good to have a job, i'm just saying having a job doesn't automatically mean you're part of the solution and not the problem. Some professions are absolutely part of the problem. (lawyers anyone?)

Within our society lawyers fill a needed role for the gears to turn smoothly. I am more complaining that it takes a job to take care of these handicapped people though. Every single person in this world that takes care of someone that is mentally handicapped could just as easily fill a position somewhere more required for humanity to continue. (smoothly) I will admit some do more harm than good, but usually that good is required for continuity of our modern world.

Quote:

And I would argue that they were not doing what they thought was moral, but that they were acting selfishly in service of their own twisted impulses.  It's not that they didn't know the people they killed and tortured were suffering it's that they just didn't care.

But for them to have acted on those impulses they had to view them as the correct action for them to take. Personally I do think what they did was wrong. And I, with my current state of mind, wouldn't do anything they did that I view as evil. However if my state of mind changed, and I then felt like it was the correct course of action to take, I would follow that course of action. Humans do what seems to be the correct choice at the time.

Also you called Hitler a sociopath earlier, that just further promotes my point.
A sociopath is a person that can disregard the rights of others. So within his mind, he had just decided that he didn't care about the people he acted negatively toward. So if he does not care about those people, how could he reason with himself to not carry out his action.

Morality is a completely abstract though anyways. Realistically nothing is just "wrong vs right." All of the morals that people have are products of their environment, which is why there are some people that have radically different morality. You acted as if it was wrong for the tribe to go head hunting as compared to the traditional response one has with death of someone close. What makes it worse? Who is to say the worth of a life? Who is to say a life is worth more than the satisfaction of removing ones grief? These are not things that have real answers; they are all things that have just been told to us.

I think it is bed time though, I will reply if I'm still awake or when I wake.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #354667 - 01/28/10 07:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

Ben18 said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

That's easy to say when you don't have a disability.  Hopefully, you are never involved in an on the job injury that lays you out permanently.  It happens daily, everywhere. 

As for exterminating the mentally challeneged, that's hitler talk.

:thumbdown:

not cool

I'm not sure what you mean with what you quoted there.  What's not cool?

ya sorry that was confusing i ment to say yes FB you are right
and that it isn't cool what he was talking about.
just to high earlier, sorry :grin:

:peace:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#354675 - 01/28/10 07:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

tsollost said:
i don't have time to adequately convey how I feel about this before class so i'm just posting for now so hopefully I remember. But this thread has taken a turn towards fucked...

Yea it has. But it happens. :rofl:

I don't really care if people like what I say or not. If I feel like expressing my views I will, and you can always hide a thread if you don't like it.

Can you give me one non-abstract reason why we should keep mentally retarded individuals around if they require other individuals to use their time to be their keepers?

-edit-

Plus my points I made are pretty well established, but I like a good debate. Just nobody get their panties in a bunch.

On a side note I just successfully argued Pro-Trickledown economics in debate practice.

I've had this conversation (I thought with you!) before.  I can't remember what thread it was in though.  We all want the human race to advance our technology and our understanding of everything.  This is a population control issue you're getting at i think.  No longer are we living in a world of survival of the fittest.  Now it's if you have money, give some to the guy on the corner asking for it so you can feel better about yourself.  There are a millions of people who are a drain on our society.  Of course we don't need those people.  I think i pretty much agree with you man.  It would be nice to only allow intelligent/reasonable people to breed, but that's unrealistic.  But i mean, how is the world to agree on what kind of personality and physical characteristics determine what the 'perfect' human would be.  Hitler just took things into his own hands and decided for himself.

And my personal beliefs are really that all people are truely equal more or less. I entertain this though, contemplate what may happen to a world after wards. But maybe intelligence is really a curse, I mean look at the sheep that live on their lives without question. It is not theirs to think, it is theirs to live. (I literally mean sheep here by the way.)

Hell I have gone down the road of rationalizing eugenics to the point of questioning whether or not I am a sociopath. And then I begin to question who is to say what is a mental "disorder" and what is "order." What if more people were sociopaths in the world than the number of people that are not sociopaths. Wouldn't that make not being a sociopath become a disorder, and then suddenly sociopath would become the correct way of thought. What if this became true for any behavioral disorder, this thought has led me to one conclusion. There is no wrong or right way of thinking, there is only different. And it is no ones place to say what is wrong and right.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: This motherfucker [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #354686 - 01/28/10 07:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Have you ever done a 7+ gram dose of dry cubes?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#354689 - 01/28/10 07:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Have you ever done a 7+ gram dose of dry cubes?

nope. :frown:
-edit-
why you ask?

--------------------

Edited by Thebooedocksaint (01/28/10 07:43 PM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #354694 - 01/28/10 07:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i was just curious.  What you were saying reminded me of an experience i had after eating a quarter of cubes.  i'd recommend it.  :crazy2:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

#354706 - 01/28/10 08:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
i'd recommend it.  :crazy2:

me 2  :crazy2:  :mushroom2:

:thumbup::peace:

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
Re: This motherfucker [Re: Ben18]
    #354725 - 01/28/10 09:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

bro you're just wrong, i don't have the time to type out a long response cuz i'm in a rush, maybe later.

There is right & there is wrong, not everything is clear-cut to which it is, but as a basic principle right and wrong do exist.

You say that what-ever people do they do because it's okay in their mind and that is a load of shit.  People don't steal because they think stealing is okay, they do it because of greed.

That doesn't make it right.

Your line of thinking basically relieves people  from taking any responsibility for their actions, which is why it is faulty.

We are responsible for our actions, period.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
    #354764 - 01/29/10 01:00 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

tl;dr
you are a scumbag
you are in no way superior to the handicapped people in what you claim

appreciate life for what it is.

Edited by stoney.69 (01/29/10 11:11 AM)

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: Doitagain]
    #354815 - 01/29/10 05:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Doitagain said:
  People don't steal because they think stealing is okay

i am guessing this was to booedock and not me but....

robin hood?

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: Ben18]
    #354832 - 01/29/10 07:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

There is right & there is wrong, not everything is clear-cut to which it is, but as a basic principle right and wrong do exist.

But right and wrong are different for different people.

Quote:

You say that what-ever people do they do because it's okay in their mind and that is a load of shit.  People don't steal because they think stealing is okay, they do it because of greed.

Really so when my dad lost his insurance and we couldn't afford money for enough food because my moms medical bills cost over 70% of his income, I was being greedy to steal food? I wasn't just doing what I had to to fulfill the needs my body has for nutrition?

I didn't think it was wrong, in fact I viewed it as the right thing to do. I had a need for food that had no other way to be fulfilled, so I fulfilled it.

Quote:

bro you're just wrong

No I'm really not, you just can't accept the fact that everyone doesn't believe the same morality  as you. Do you think Extremest Islamic Terrorists Suicide Bombers think they are doing something wrong when they suicide bomb us? No within their minds sacrificing their lives to kill infidels and provide a sense of terror to their enemies. They feel nothing morally wrong with the issue, it is in fact the correct thing to do.

Quote:

Your line of thinking basically relieves people  from taking any responsibility for their actions, which is why it is faulty.

I never said these people shouldn't be punished, I am just saying using the term evil is wrong. They did something that society as a whole does not approve of, but the people that take an action that society doesn't approve of they obviously DO approve of. A person doesn't do things that they do not, within their own minds, completely justify.

Have I ever felt bad for stealing when I was out of money? No.
Have I ever felt bad for taking a hit of weed? No
But all of these things to society as a whole are morally wrong to do.
But to ME they are not morally wrong.

Anything that the greater mass of humans feel is morally correct, is within some individuals morally ok, or even that it does not effect morality what so ever.

Quote:

you are a scumbag

appreciate life for what it is, fgt

Well for 1: thank you for making it personal, and if mods gave a shit about the rules they would ban you for personally harassing me right in that post ^^. But I don't really give a shit what someone who won't make a logical argument for yourself.

And actually, yes I am indeed superior to mentally retarded people in the aspect that I can.

You keep trying to defend your points by using pretty abstract arguments when I am bluntly stating when I am considering this line of thinking. I think of only what is real. What physically happens something else happens. Concretely in the physical world we live in, a mentally retarded is actually less capable than me. I can work (doing a service that is required for humanity to run smoothly.) I can go to college and get a degree. (which I am) And then after I get that degree I can do a professional level job.

Explain to me how can you PROVE something to be right or wrong?
Oh yea and as before, please no abstract ideas.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #354850 - 01/29/10 08:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I could not disagree with you more on your views of disabled individuals. You seem like a really chill guy, but you're (IMO) coming off really ignorant/young in these posts.

I have a 32 yr old cousin with autism. He has the biggest heart of anyone I have ever known.  This guy can barely talk but in the course of his life he has figured out many different ways of communicating and HE does pull his weight as much as he can...but  No he can not hold a job and yes he needs to have someone with him at all times. But tell me this...why should your life be valued more than his? My cousin did not ask for his life to be like this.  He appreciates every day he is alive I can assure you of that.

There are always going to be people that can not contribute.  Just because they can't "carry" their weight doesn't mean they deserve to die.  Many just need to be shown how to live, but sadly enough most are locked up in a room...never given the chance to CONTRIBUTE.

"From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests;  you cannot subvert your neighbor's rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own." - Carl Schurz

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#354855 - 01/29/10 09:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

But right and wrong are different for different people.

Quote:

Really so when my dad lost his insurance and we couldn't afford money for enough food because my moms medical bills cost over 70% of his income, I was being greedy to steal food? I wasn't just doing what I had to to fulfill the needs my body has for nutrition?

I didn't think it was wrong, in fact I viewed it as the right thing to do. I had a need for food that had no other way to be fulfilled, so I fulfilled it.

Quote:

bro you're just wrong

No I'm really not, you just can't accept the fact that everyone doesn't believe the same morality  as you. Do you think Extremest Islamic Terrorists Suicide Bombers think they are doing something wrong when they suicide bomb us? No within their minds sacrificing their lives to kill infidels and provide a sense of terror to their enemies. They feel nothing morally wrong with the issue, it is in fact the correct thing to do.

Quote:

I never said these people shouldn't be punished, I am just saying using the term evil is wrong. They did something that society as a whole does not approve of, but the people that take an action that society doesn't approve of they obviously DO approve of. A person doesn't do things that they do not, within their own minds, completely justify.

Have I ever felt bad for stealing when I was out of money? No.
Have I ever felt bad for taking a hit of weed? No
But all of these things to society as a whole are morally wrong to do.
But to ME they are not morally wrong.

Anything that the greater mass of humans feel is morally correct, is within some individuals morally ok, or even that it does not effect morality what so ever.

Quote:

you are a scumbag

Well for 1: thank you for making it personal, and if mods gave a shit about the rules they would ban you for personally harassing me right in that post ^^. But I don't really give a shit what someone who won't make a logical argument for yourself.

And actually, yes I am indeed superior to mentally retarded people in the aspect that I can.

You keep trying to defend your points by using pretty abstract arguments when I am bluntly stating when I am considering this line of thinking. I think of only what is real. What physically happens something else happens. Concretely in the physical world we live in, a mentally retarded is actually less capable than me. I can work (doing a service that is required for humanity to run smoothly.) I can go to college and get a degree. (which I am) And then after I get that degree I can do a professional level job.

Explain to me how can you PROVE something to be right or wrong?
Oh yea and as before, please no abstract ideas.

Answering in order:

1.  While that is true to a certain extent most cultures have rules and boundaries on cold-blooded murder/rape.  These guidelines are almost universal to human culture.

2.  That is one example in a sea of many.  There are plenty of people who steal, ect not because they think it's right but because they've weighed the reward vs. the potential consequences.  Others do it for reason that have little to do with the possession it self but rather the act of stealing.

3.  I also disagree with the term evil however your thought flow of, "In the person's mind it okay', is faulty.  There are plenty of people who do things they know are wrong simply because they've weighed the consequences.  Some can't control themselves, Jeffery Dalmer reported great anxiety about the thoughts in his head ect.  He couldn't stop having them and they caused him a great deal of anxiety and remorse.  He's not evil but his acts are linked to something other than his personal reasoning of right and wrong.

4 &5.  Again I would say certain aspects of society are universal.  I can't think of a society where rape, murder or stealing isn't punishable in some way if it's an act committed against the group.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (01/29/10 09:24 AM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: This motherfucker [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #354884 - 01/29/10 11:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

b0b gnarley said:

QFT

Quote:

you are a scumbag

I'll deal with bob no worries.

But get real man, mentally handicap have just as much right to life as all of us.

Hell after reading this thread I see tons of disrespect and harassment.

Maybe this is to personal for me being I'm fucking handicap /blind/ and have known tons of mentally handicap people, most of which are way better with numbers than the average person.

So enjoy putting people down whom can't defend themselves just proves how sad of a person you really are.:yesnod:

You do this and cry over bob taking a small shot at you that's funny.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: This motherfucker [Re: Stoneth]
    #354892 - 01/29/10 11:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

LOL this is in TSL?!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: Triptonic]
    #354897 - 01/29/10 12:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes I know and the flamer was banned.

Just made a few good points is all I did.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: THEBats]
    #354898 - 01/29/10 12:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

First Farmer Joe

Quote:

He has the biggest heart

My argument isn't talking about abstract ideas.

Having heart doesn't mean anything to me. Does having heart create anything for mankind? Mankind needs to be EFFICIENT. And having a sector of the workforce being individuals that supervise people that cant work isn't efficient at all.

Quote:

why should your life be valued more than his

Because, "he can not hold a job and yes he needs to have someone with him at all times"; I can actually go out and create goods for the economy. Or get a college education.

Quote:

Just because they can't "carry" their weight doesn't mean they deserve to die.

Actually in my opinion yes it does.

Quote:

Many just need to be shown how to live, but sadly enough most are locked up in a room...never given the chance to CONTRIBUTE.

Actually I am for the use of individuals that can contribute. I am certain there are jobs that certain mentally handicapped people would not only do well, but excel. I only want ones that can truely be said to be without a hope to become a productive human being.

Quote:

1.  While that is true to a certain extent most cultures have rules and boundaries on cold-blooded murder/rape.  These guidelines are almost universal to human culture.

But there are individuals who don't view it as wrong. That proves that morality isn't set in stone. All of our moralities are different from each other, and there are probably some of us that have radically different moralities on certain issues. So if a person doesn't think it is immoral to kill some, what makes it wrong?

Quote:

2.  That is one example in a sea of many.  There are plenty of people who steal, ect not because they think it's right but because they've weighed the reward vs. the potential consequences.  Others do it for reason that have little to do with the possession it self but rather the act of stealing.

But if they think it is worth it, doesn't that mean that it seems to be the correct action to take according to them.

Quote:

3.  I also disagree with the term evil however your thought flow of, "In the person's mind it okay', is faulty.  There are plenty of people who do things they know are wrong simply because they've weighed the consequences.  Some can't control themselves, Jeffery Dalmer reported great anxiety about the thoughts in his head ect.  He couldn't stop having them and they caused him a great deal of anxiety and remorse.  He's not evil but his acts are linked to something other than his personal reasoning of right and wrong.

I didn't mean so much okay, I was kinda high when I typed that one and just started ranting.

Quote:

4 &5.  Again I would say certain aspects of society are universal.  I can't think of a society where rape, murder or stealing isn't punishable in some way if it's an act committed against the group.

still, morality is not the same for everyone though. I am certain some people don't think rape is wrong. I am certain some people don't think murder is wrong, and I am certain some people think steal isn't wrong.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #354900 - 01/29/10 12:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So if you had a child who was mentally handicapped you would put him to death? I doubt it highly.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: Stoneth]
    #354901 - 01/29/10 12:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Quote:

b0b gnarley said:

QFT

Quote:

you are a scumbag

I'll deal with bob no worries.

But get real man, mentally handicap have just as much right to life as all of us.

Hell after reading this thread I see tons of disrespect and harassment.

Maybe this is to personal for me being I'm fucking handicap /blind/ and have known tons of mentally handicap people, most of which are way better with numbers than the average person.

So enjoy putting people down whom can't defend themselves just proves how sad of a person you really are.:yesnod:

You do this and cry over bob taking a small shot at you that's funny.

I really didn't want him banned :rofl: I was kinda joking, i don't really care if I get flamed anymore. Especially not in this thread. I understand why it is a topic people could get angry about it.

I was just saying mods don't usually deal with that small of a thing.

And I don't mind handicapped people that can work.
But realistically speaking if everyone who could not work was no longer around;

Everyone in the world would be able bodied,a there wouldn't be people working as just being a persons keeper.

Can you tell me a in a world where everyone in the world was able bodied would be worse that one where some people can't do a job at all, and would actually require someone else to have a unproductive job for society.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: This motherfucker [Re: Triptonic]
    #354902 - 01/29/10 12:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
So if you had a child who was mentally handicapped you would put him to death? I doubt it highly.

Exactly!

He doesn't get that mental handicap people create jobs, putting them to death means even more care givers out of work.:yesnod:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom