Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

New grower need some advice on training Scrog...
    #353138 - 01/25/10 08:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hi,

Here is the situation:

I put three plants in my flower room to be grown through a Screen of green.  I was waiting until I knew they were females before I transplanted in to their larger containers.  What happened was that two of the plants showed they were female very quickly so I transplanted in to their larger pots.  The third plant took another week before I knew for sure it was female.  During that time the first two grew rapidly through the screen.  Stupidly I let the first two grow nearly 6 inches above the screen with no training yet done to them, and as a result I ended up having to be very harsh in trying to train them back through the screen.
    3 questions:
    I ended up bending the stem and I am I curious if I committed any serious damage?

The stems are bent at 90 degree angles.  I can tell there was a snap in the stem in the inside and I want to know if by bending them I have stunted flowering growth? 

I only recently learned that I was supposed to start training them in vegetative phase before I started flowering. wops...They do seem to be healing but if the stems remain bent at 90degree angles will this inhibit nutrients from getting to the tops?

see pictures below...thanks for your thoughts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: New grower need some advice on training Scrog... [Re: JRC]
    #353157 - 01/25/10 08:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Give it some support to relieve some of the stress on the bend...It should have no problem healing.

Tied a piece of string or whatever above it to give it a little lift...Not too much tho

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New grower need some advice on training Scrog... [Re: mhbound]
    #353249 - 01/25/10 09:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

okay thank you

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New grower need some advice on training Scrog... [Re: JRC]
    #353471 - 01/26/10 09:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How long have you had them flowering for??? Looks like about a week. I wouldn't train them anymore if I were you. If you want to do a true scrog just wait until next time. Scrogged plants take time to readjust so it's important to start somewhat early in veg. Scrog plants also undergo a longer vegetative state. It takes more time to make an awesome Scrog. Just leave them like you have them now and finish them out.

Your stems will be just fine. It might slow down flowering slightly for the buds above the bend but it won't be by much. Bending the stems like in your pictures is a common technique used in Suppercropping. Technically it should have been done during veg also but in your case I think you will be fine. :bigblunt:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New grower need some advice on training Scrog... [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #353500 - 01/26/10 12:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yea I see what your saying, I'll take your advice and just finish them to the best I can and try to do it properly next time by starting to train in veg.  They have been flowering for like 2 & 1/2 weeks...

I do have two other plants in a another room, that I have I have been keeping in 12/12 cycle to find out its sex.  The strain is Hash plant.  I thought most plants just take a week to show sex but my hash plants seem to take over two weeks.  One is starting to look like a male, the other seems like its going to be female but 2 weeks of 12/12 and still hasn't put out pistils.  But I guess once I know its a female I'll put it back in a veg light cycle and let it veg some more since you said to do a good scrog you need to veg longer than usual.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder