Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBomShivaBabaMan
Strange guy

Loc: on my way out of Babylon
need advice, lookin to apply for ganja papers with very little medical history
    #350709 - 01/20/10 11:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i just moved to colorado and i am looking to get my medic permit AQAP. i do in fact have back problems among other pains but being a dirty hippie herbal medicine type that i am and not having insurance i have not been to a "pro" (pillpusher) in years and have almost no medical history.
so i was wondering how would be the best way to go about expressing my pain to the right people. i just dont have alot of cash to try to see doc after doc to reach my goal

peace
blessings
namaste
BOM SHIVA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: need advice, lookin to apply for ganja papers with very little medical history [Re: BomShivaBabaMan]
    #351090 - 01/20/10 10:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

can't help you but I wish you luck.

I suffer from chronic asthma and medical cannabis is the only medicine that relieves my symptoms.  I, too, hope to become a patient some day...

:peace:

--------------------

Offlineshags420
Stranger

Re: need advice, lookin to apply for ganja papers with very little medical history [Re: Fox]
    #351699 - 01/21/10 10:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

tell the doctor that you have been being treated for years with no success. Say that  you tried many methods but you still have pain. You should also mention that you don't like painkillers and wish to avoid them. That should give at least a diagnosis of chronic pain which is a qualifying condition in most medical states. If your doctor doesn't give you the authorization stuff then contact the THCF and they will point you in the right direction. actually call the THCF before spending money on the doctor. Good luck!

OfflineBomShivaBabaMan
Strange guy

Loc: on my way out of Babylon
Re: need advice, lookin to apply for ganja papers with very little medical history [Re: Fox]
    #351876 - 01/22/10 11:37 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

thank you FOX and SHAGS420
your advice and well wishes are opening the road to medical shiva flowers

namaste

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #351878 - 01/22/10 11:46 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
can't help you but I wish you luck.

I suffer from chronic asthma and medical cannabis is the only medicine that relieves my symptoms.  I, too, hope to become a patient some day...

:peace:

I know you vape alot but does smoking pot affect your breathing? .... even later on in the day if not suddenly?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: need advice, lookin to apply for ganja papers with very little medical history [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #351903 - 01/22/10 01:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The only time cannabis smoke affects my breathing is when I'm using herb that IS NOT medicinal quality.  That also means if the plant was grown with chemicals, which I'd prefer not, it needs to be flushed properly.. fertilizers in my smoke will mess my lungs up for days.

If it's a really strong smoke or hash, my airways will tighten up and sometimes I'll even wheeze a bit right after I take the first puff, but it clears up within five minutes after the cannabinoids take effect.  Even if I am having absolutely no symptoms whatsoever, it never fails that whether smoked or vaped(medicinal quality) after five minutes of first inhalation I can feel my airways expand and I can take much, much deeper breaths.

It makes me laugh sometimes... My doctor was dumbfounded at how terribly bad my asthma was growing up and how it "mysteriously" somewhat vanished within a year... I could tell him why but he would just lecture me.  Just think of all the money that could be saved, and all the nasty chemicals that could be avoided if medicinal cannabis was available for any qualifying asthmatic, it just doesn't make sense to me.

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #351906 - 01/22/10 01:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

do you still notice a problem with low grade or unproperly flushed cannabis using the vape?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: need advice, lookin to apply for ganja papers with very little medical history [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #351914 - 01/22/10 02:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've never used low quality cannabis with my vape.  I have although used some that was improperly flushed.  It was much better than being smoked but it still negatively affected my breathing by a small degree.  I can tell with first inhalation if the herb has or has not been flushed properly.  It bites me in the throat and constricts my upper airways. However, given the wonderful properties in cannabis that alleviate constricted airways, it soon passes.  If I were to use this herb all day or for days, it would definitely begin to affect my breathing but not significantly. 

I guess this is a good example... I hardly ever use my inhaler anymore, actually I can't recall where I even placed my inhaler because it's been so long.  If I vape medicinal quality herb each day for a week that has been cared for, flushed, cured and dried properly I won't have to worry about my breathing.  If I smoke this same herb in the same fashion I won't have to worry but I would make sure I have an inhaler handy... this also depends on what piece I use whether it be a pipe or bong.  If I do the same schedule with the vaporizer with high quality herb that just wasn't flushed very well or at all, my throat will feel nasty by the end of the week and my lungs might feel a bit heavy but I shouldn't have to worry much about the inhaler, although I would keep it handy.  If I smoked this herb, same schedule, I would likely have to use my inhaler within the first day or so and I'll wake up each morning with constricted airways.

I can't do this right now because I'm rebuilding my van and have no way of obtaining ANY herb:sad:.. but once I am able I'll do a little experiment with different grades of herb and methods of ingestion and document my breathing patterns.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: need advice, lookin to apply for ganja papers with very little medical history [Re: BomShivaBabaMan]
    #351918 - 01/22/10 02:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BomShivaBabaMan said:
thank you FOX and SHAGS420
your advice and well wishes are opening the road to medical shiva flowers

namaste

I am currently a medical marijuana card holder in the state of colorado and I can assure you that not all docs require proof of previous medical history. check craigslist for postings of doctors that don't require previous records and you will reach your goal very quickly

PS, let me know if you need a caregiver :wink:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: need advice, lookin to apply for ganja papers with very little medical history (moved) [Re: BomShivaBabaMan]
    #428131 - 06/03/10 08:21 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Growery News Service.

Reason:
Populating new Medical Marijuana & Activism forum.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder