Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineheilfire

noob's grow room plans
    #351036 - 01/20/10 09:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

tell me if this will work.

I have a relatively small area available to me. It is a crawl space in my house that measures 3.5 feet wide x 3 feet tall x 5.5 feet long with the roof making a 45% degree angle along the length of the room. Its like a 45x90x45 triangle extruded 5.5 feet.

im going to line the ceiling and walls with aluminum foil. i think 4-6 4 foot florescent tubes would be enough for the area. i would affix them to the ceiling after the aluminum foil with shop lights. i might have one of them be lower-able.

There would be a carbon scrubber and a fan of some sort. and i plan on using LST on the plants.

would 6 females be able to grow to maturity in the available space and lights? how much yield do you guys think i can get?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: noob's grow room plans [Re: heilfire]
    #351062 - 01/20/10 09:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I grew in an area similar to this when I still had to hide this from my mom. My area was pretty much the same except it was 3ft long. I lined mine with mylar, put a 400w in the very top(bulb had reflector built in). I used a aero system that went from back to front, clones in back, flowering plants up front and the whole thing rolled out. The flowering aero unit was 2 6in pvc pipes and I vegged cloned and had my mothers behind that in various setups. It was more of a pain then anything but it was good cheap bud that got me through most of high school.

--------------------

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#351065 - 01/20/10 09:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I would not use aluminum foil, it creates hot spots. Instead, use flat white paint or get yourself Mylar or even Black & White Poly.

For the lights, I always recommend a HID for flowering with better light penetration/lumens over CFL/floros, the end product is also denser.

The carbon scrubber and fan and light should all be connected.
Scrubber --> Fan --> Lights --> Exhaust

LST - Perhaps a Scrog is in order; are you comfortable with SOG? The latter provides better turn-around, while a Scrog would limit the amount of plants but provide other benefits, such as an even canopy (screen).

Last thing, Keep it simple!

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Offlineheilfire

Re: noob's grow room plans [Re: NightGrower]
    #351394 - 01/21/10 04:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

would an emergency blanket be a good alternative over the aluminum foil?

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #351400 - 01/21/10 04:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Paint would be the best. 90% reflection and lest expensive.
Easy to install.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: noob's grow room plans [Re: KaptKid]
    #351477 - 01/21/10 06:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yep paint rocks. I sand the wall till it very smooth and I check for any flaws and then I put on a nice thick primer layer with  anti-bacterial powder in it and then a nice pure white layer.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: noob's grow room plans [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #351731 - 01/21/10 11:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Mylar has hot spots as well.  Paint is the way to go, make sure that it's flat white.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlineheilfire

Re: noob's grow room plans [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #351792 - 01/22/10 08:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

forget the paint. the walls are just bare insulation and studs. im going to staple aluminum foil to the studs. its easy and cheap. will the lights be ok? i want to go as cheap as possible and im not going to buy some crazy sodium bulbs online for a little grow like this. any specific bulbs i should buy that are available at home depot or something?

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#352070 - 01/22/10 08:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Look for Daylight (6500k) bulbs for Veg and Soft White (2700K) for flowering. At least 100W (CFL rating, not incandescent equivalent) per plant.

For CFL's, you can get a "Y" connector, allowing two sockets/bulbs instead of one; or you could get a socket to outlet and attach to a power strip for cheap even lighting; or a mix of both. All of this can be found at Homedepot

my 2 cents.

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: noob's grow room plans [Re: NightGrower]
    #352115 - 01/22/10 09:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You'd be better off stapling poster board.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: noob's grow room plans [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #352116 - 01/22/10 09:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm using white cardboard panels. Might as well be poster board, just more sturdy. See?

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale