Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemasterkush420
The Dudeness
Male User Gallery

question about nutrients
    #344941 - 01/10/10 01:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hi all, i recently started a second grow as my first turned out to be a horrible experiment yielding next to nothing.  so a buddy of mine sold me 2 afghan plants about 6 weeks old a piece, i got them in party cups (solo or something) anyway just transplanted to 1 gallon pot with happy frog soil.  so to my question, a buddy of mine has some miracle grow all purpose plant food, wondering if i can use this successfully if so how much do i use how often? if not what would be suitable in my situation?
thanks for any of u willing to help out in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: question about nutrients [Re: masterkush420]
    #344946 - 01/10/10 01:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yes you can but I would recommend investing in some good fertilizers. Alskan fish fertilizer is available everywhere and WAY better than miracle grow in my opinion. it's only like $10 for a bottle too

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #344954 - 01/10/10 01:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've been using Miracle-Grow All Purpose for my current grow. See this thread: http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/344876
So far it's worked great. My advice is to mix up a half-strength (1/4tsp. per gallon) solution and use it every other watering. Use a little more MG with each gallon until you reach full strength (1/2tsp. per gallon of water). Once you're at full strength, you can feed them with every watering.
If any of your leaves start yellowing before flowering start using a full strength feeding with EVERY watering. MG causes salt build up so be sure to flush your soil once every two weeks. Also be sure to start flushing your plants at least 2 weeks before harvest. You should get some sweet smoke using this technique.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Offlinemasterkush420
The Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Re: question about nutrients [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #344998 - 01/10/10 02:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
yes you can but I would recommend investing in some good fertilizers. Alskan fish fertilizer is available everywhere and WAY better than miracle grow in my opinion. it's only like $10 for a bottle too

when u say available everywhere, does that mean that wallyworld or a department store would carry it? or do i have to go to a specialty store of sorts?

Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:
I've been using Miracle-Grow All Purpose for my current grow. See this thread: http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/344876
So far it's worked great. My advice is to mix up a half-strength (1/4tsp. per gallon) solution and use it every other watering. Use a little more MG with each gallon until you reach full strength (1/2tsp. per gallon of water). Once you're at full strength, you can feed them with every watering.
If any of your leaves start yellowing before flowering start using a full strength feeding with EVERY watering. MG causes salt build up so be sure to flush your soil once every two weeks. Also be sure to start flushing your plants at least 2 weeks before harvest. You should get some sweet smoke using this technique.

thanks for the encouragement greenthumb grow is lookin nice!  im def a noob at this so heres a question thats gonna make me look dumb but how do u go about flushing a plant??

thanks again for the advice

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #345018 - 01/10/10 02:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

homedepot, lowes, possibly wal-mart too. it's very common.

flushing is simply running a ton of water through the pot to wash away salt buildups. I usually just put the plant in my shower and hit it with about 5 gallons

--------------------

Offlinemasterkush420
The Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Re: question about nutrients [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #345020 - 01/10/10 02:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
homedepot, lowes, possibly wal-mart too. it's very common.

flushing is simply running a ton of water through the pot to wash away salt buildups. I usually just put the plant in my shower and hit it with about 5 gallons

thanks alot man for the help, as i have stated im a noob and will most likely have many more questions to come. nice to know there are people willing to help.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #345037 - 01/10/10 03:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That's what we are here for.

Harry what do you think about me flushing now?  I'm on day 44 of flowering.  I think 3 of the 4 will come down on day 60, the 4th on day 65+...

I have them in shitty soil, Should I start flushing now or do you think they still need some Phosphorous to get those flowers as big as they should be?

I'm caught here and don't know what I should do.  Growing OD I was never able to really flush my plants so this is kinda new to me.  I know, weird that I need help with something like this but I figured I would just get your opinion.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinemoogles
Re: question about nutrients [Re: Inverted]
    #345043 - 01/10/10 03:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You have another week left to feed inverted, at least on the 65 day one. Keep feeding for a couple more days IMO

Edited by moogles (01/10/10 03:57 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: question about nutrients [Re: moogles]
    #345224 - 01/10/10 05:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That's what I figured.  I think they got a late start into flowering due to some stress and lockout/toxicity problems.  I flushed that away and they really didn't seem to "kick" into flowering until about 3-4 weeks in.  Usually I notice buds forming after just the first week and 2 weeks all the budsites become covered in hairs, but I didn't see that happen until 3 or more weeks on these plants.  This is a picture of day 22 of 12/12

Usually my plants look like that on day 10-14... So they are probably a week behind.  One of the plants didn't even get the hairs going til week 4...

But 30 days later they are catching up.  I'm in no rush so I don't have to worry about any extra time.  Although they are surprising me right now and are packing on and swelling like crazy!

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: question about nutrients [Re: Inverted]
    #345571 - 01/10/10 09:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

what are you feeding with again? if it's organic I honestly wouldn't bother flushing them :shrug: just feed them molasses and light guano tea all the way to harvest and it'll be unbelievably tasty.

if you're using hydro nutes then I think I would suggest feeding them for another 3-4 days and then flushing.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: question about nutrients [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #346457 - 01/12/10 04:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm feeding them Neptunes Harvest Organic.

Yeah if anything I'll just give them some heavy water only sessions in the last week.

I'm getting closer, but these last few weeks are going the slowest as usual.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale