Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechamberlaindavidd
Stranger

Best lights for under 175-ish....I
    #342346 - 01/07/10 01:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

My questions are whats the best lights?
Lights have been kicking my ass! I'm looking for the best product i can buy that will
A) Work in a 3x2 space with out burning my house down!
B) Keep my grow in the 150-175$ Range.
There are so many different products and options out there that even though ive been researching for days read the FAQ etc im still a bit confused.
I thank you in advance for even taking the time to read this and more so for any help you can offer!
David

Edited by chamberlaindavidd (01/07/10 09:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Best lights for under 175-ish....I [Re: chamberlaindavidd]
    #342351 - 01/07/10 01:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You might be able to get yourself a small MH or HPS light but I'm not sure what those run. But with a MH or HID light you are going to have to get a ballast and a reflector. If you are looking to save money you might want to look into doing hempy buckets. They seem to be a cheap option and also easier than soil. I can give you a TEK link that Coda wrote out for me the other day if you would like. I wouldnt skimp on the lighting though, because that is what will make your buds dense as opposed to light and airy. I grew with some CFL's a while back and got crappy buds.

Something you are forgetting:

Ph tester/strips.

Offlinechamberlaindavidd
Stranger

Re: Best lights for under 175-ish....I [Re: Triptonic]
    #342357 - 01/07/10 01:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you
Ph Tester will be added to my list.
I relies how important lighting is that about all ive come up with lol and why i asked about them. I'm just trying to figure out whats the best for my money.
and as for your tec sure id love to look at it the more information the better.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#342359 - 01/07/10 01:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

There's your diagram and here's a quick rundown on the system.

Original Hempy Substrate mixture:

3:1 ratio of perlite to verm.  I have 5 quart buckets so I ended up 3 quarts of perlite and 1 quart of verm.  Mixed that together dumped it in, and just used more perlite to fill in the remaining space.

Note: You can grow in straight perlite if you wish,  I'm noticing they want to be watered a little quicker then those with the verm in them though.  So if you go the straight perlite route it's possible to be a little more work in the end.

The bucket creates a reservoir at the bottom, the hole you drill in prevents you from over watering your plant.  I highly suggest using a steady container like a watering can and remember how much water it takes to cause it to dribble out.  That way you know how much to pour for each plant and can gauge how much water and nutes you'll need per feeding.

I have a little metal watering can that if i fill up almost all the way to the top, will not cause my plants to overflow if they're dry.  I get about three plants worth per gallon of water so to do 8 plants I need 3 gallons of mixture.  It leaves me with a little left over, but feedings come quick so I don't mind storing it.

As for nutes I can highly recommend the Flora Nova Series.  It's a little pricey at around 30 dollars or so per quart, but it's a one part system that gives your plants EVERYthing they need.  All vital macro and micro's are in there.  I'm using this line exclusively with no extra additives (save for maybe some molasses at the end) just to see how well it works by itself.  Lots of people use it, and I love it so far, so it's worth the extra cash IMO.

While the root systems are smaller, you may have to water a little bit daily to give the plant the food and hydration it needs.  But once the root system takes off you'll water about every 2-3 days.  If your plants get big enough, you may find yourself watering once a day.  But that's only towards the end of the grow cycle anyways.

Other then that the same rules still apply.  Start off with some light doses of food, find out how they react, then gradually up the doses as you progress.  It's dead simple honestly and so far has produced some fantastic results for me.  Can't beat the price either (minus nute costs). 

20$ 3 Cu. Ft bag of perlite
3$ Bag of verm
16$ 8 1 gal plastic buckets
2$ Bag of solo cups for babies

So 41 bucks to set up 8 plants.  The perlite will definitely last you, 3 cu ft is a lot.  I got 8 gallons in buckets and filled probably 20-25 solo cups worth too.  I also filled a seedling tray with some as well for clones.  I still have enough perlite to do another bucket or so.  Total cost is 100$ with the nutes in there, but I'll have enough to get me through at least one more flowering cycle before I'll have to order more.

That's hempy in a nutshell, no moving parts, hand watered, and dirt cheap.

Offlinechamberlaindavidd
Stranger

#342370 - 01/07/10 01:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

TY.
Looks interesting...

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#342372 - 01/07/10 02:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It works very well and is very easy actually. Here is a link to what it looks like. Grown by Harry Ballsach (one of our mods)

Offlinechamberlaindavidd
Stranger

#342408 - 01/07/10 02:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I like it. It's simple Cheap, and logical! Now i just gotta figure out my lights and im off!
Ty

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds