Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Ruderalis Questions and a little griping
    #341353 - 01/05/10 10:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

How does Ruderalis taste?  I've heard it called ditch weed.  That doesn't sound appetizing.

If it's bred with say indica or sativa will it the taste be dominated by Indica or Sativa or Ruderalis?  Or will it blend the flavors?

My interest in flavor stems from two sources.  First I'm currently growing a couple plants with Ruderalis in them as well as other things.  So I'm interested in what I might expect.  Hopefully I'll find out in a couple months. :smile: The second reason for my curiosity is that lately I've obtained a few bags of weed that look between ok and fantastic but taste horrible.  Sometimes chemically and musty, sometimes just really bitter, and sometimes really earthy I mean like I'm smoking mud.  In each case the high was okay but nothing great.  The stuff I get from my hippie friends I suspect had two issues.  Those are mold and plant food all the way to harvest.  The stuff I get from my other friends, well who knows.  Pesticides maybe which makes me want to toss that in the grabage.  Then I started to wonder what Ruderalis tasted like and thought perhaps I have been given Ruderalis weed since it isn't strong and since I've heard bad tasting weed refered to as ditch weed before.

I'm sure it's hard to tell from an internet post what it might be that has made some of my weed taste bad lately but it's been bugging me and I thought I'd ask.  Also it's the reason I started growing.  I miss the college days when I used to get the best weed around.  Maybe I remeber it more fondly that it actually was but I know one thing for certain.  I almost always got couch lock and the munchies and cotton mouth like mad and was asleep within an hour of smoking it probably indica heavy breeds.  These days all I get is mostly cerebral highs and disapointing bud probably heavy sativa blends.  The up side to that being I can get high and still get things done around the house.  The thing is I usually only smoke right before bed time to relax a little.

Anyhow that's been nagging at the back of my mind and I wanted to spout off about it and hopefully get some good info back.

Thanks,
C.H.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Ruderalis Questions and a little griping [Re: chucklehead]
    #341365 - 01/05/10 10:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The taste is gonna very but that isn't the reason it's used in crosses. Auto flowering is the only reason it's used. Alone the strain has almost no thc and isn't very high in producing resin glands. The resin glands not only hold thc but hold terpenes (the oils in a plant that give it it's taste). So ruderalis is very hemp like in it's taste.

Now why taste is going bad in weed that use to taste good. Stale, like tobacco goes after a period of time. Now if your talking tasting bad right from the source somebody has changed something in their growing style, they are getting lazy in the way they dry it. (most likely cause) :omgawesome:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Re: Ruderalis Questions and a little griping [Re: Magash]
    #342017 - 01/06/10 10:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks man!  Lazy curing procedure is a good likelyhood.  The stuff I got from the hippies was really really fresh and I think they were just in a hurry to get it to me.  I wish they hadn't been because I wasn't in a hurry to get it. 

I keep my weed in the freezer most of the time except I keep a half pint jar (not always full) of weed out all the time for what I'm currently smoking.  Can it go stale in the freezer?

You think it'll still taste like hell if I just turn it all into pot brownies?  I prefer eating my weed anyway.

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Ruderalis Questions and a little griping [Re: chucklehead]
    #342063 - 01/06/10 11:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It would be perfect for pot brownies, or anything else you want to make with butter  :happyweed:

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineRedAshes

Re: Ruderalis Questions and a little griping *DELETED* [Re: Magash]
    #598192 - 11/23/11 03:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by RedAshes

Reason for deletion: delete

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: Ruderalis Questions and a little griping [Re: RedAshes]
    #598198 - 11/23/11 04:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Why did you bump a year old thread?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds