Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLordOfChaos
AKA KADA
Male

I want to grow but a few questions about security.
    #338605 - 01/01/10 07:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I want to grow but I have a few questions.

I have a pretty big basement that is half finished and half unfinished. I was thinking about sectioning off enough room for about 4 plants to grow in with enough room to have vegging and cloning as well. I might actually build a real room in the unfinished section that looks just like a storage room.

I am totally freaked out about FLIR devices that I KNOW are used by police around here. I have seen them use them from ground and air vehicles. My main question is; Do I even need to worry about this since I am only going to use 400w or lower? I'm building this room in the center of my basement and I am venting directly into the giant basement so the heat will spread out and help heat the house. I have a 110 year old house that is kind of drafty in the winter, but the basement ALWAYS is in between 60 and 70 degrees. It's a pretty big ass basement.

I will of course follow rule number 1 and not tell anyone other than my wife. I am going to have to convince her that the only risk here is going to be if someone comes into my basement that I don't want there like my mother in law who is snoopy as fuck. They will see this room and be like wtf is that? I'm going to section the basement off so that I can lock 1/4 of the place down and no one can access it unless they have my key.

Smell shouldn't be a problem because I am going to make a carbon filter big enough for twice the size I need, and I am going to put out a lot of odor absorbing all around the unfinished part. I am planning on not venting outside at all. I may intake from another room that is inaccessible to anyone. It is a clean 8X10 room that was used as a cistern before water pipes were put in. It leaks cold air from outside and is insulated from coming in the main basement. the air is cooler but not freezing. I think I recorded it at its lowest at 50 degrees. the air is always fresh tho because of where it is at and it isn't insulated on the outside wall.

Anyways, My main concern is it being detectable from outside of my house at all. I have seen many many times helicopters being flown overhead with what I'm DAMN SURE are FLIR. Every year cops and the fire department walk around everyones yard and look for weed growing. They always use excuses for trespassing like they are looking for fires or someone on the run from them. I know what they are looking for because I know one of the cops and he has actually mentioned to me that they DO look this way every year.

From what descriptions I have mentioned my methods are going to be, would you guys say I will be pretty invisible to their attempts at finding growers? I have kids and getting caught is not a option. Indiana is one of the worst states to get busted in. I still might decide to wait until my kids are grown and out of the house even tho that is a long ass 16 years off. Im not sure if they would take my kids or my house if im growing for myself and not for sale.

--------------------
It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you

Edited by LordOfChaos (01/01/10 07:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I want to grow but a few questions about security. [Re: LordOfChaos]
    #338626 - 01/01/10 08:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

If you have kids I'd suggest against growing in the house, yes they can take your kids away, yes they can take your house away, no it doesn't matter if it's for personal or sale.  Now, IF they would do that is another matter.  I personally don't think the risk is worth the reward with children involved, even if they might not take your kids away they still have the power to.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineLordOfChaos
AKA KADA
Male

Re: I want to grow but a few questions about security. [Re: coda]
    #338630 - 01/01/10 08:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thats what I've been thinking. I have about 200 bag seeds that I have saved up and i'm going to plant them all over the county in different spots. I'm sure some of it will be found, but I bet if i am careful I can get away with harvesting more than a few plants.

--------------------
It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you

OfflineSimple
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: I want to grow but a few questions about security. [Re: LordOfChaos]
    #338672 - 01/01/10 09:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man in 16 years it will be legal.  You sound like a bright lad, i say go for it and that all your ideas sound great, but get the 600w lights, you will be glad down the road :laugh:

--------------------
Sifting through the shit of life

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: I want to grow but a few questions about security. [Re: Simple]
    #338683 - 01/01/10 10:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

dont worry about FLIR.

dont tell anyone, dont throw anything away, pay your bills on time, and grow your damn plants and dont slip up!!!

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: I want to grow but a few questions about security. [Re: Pilze]
    #338731 - 01/02/10 01:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
dont worry about FLIR.

dont tell anyone, dont throw anything away, pay your bills on time, and grow your damn plants and dont slip up!!!

Well put.  Always watch your own moves and pay attention to them.  The more paranoid you get, the more you don't act like yourself, which may raise red flags among people close to you...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: I want to grow but a few questions about security. [Re: Pilze]
    #338958 - 01/02/10 05:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

People always say that, "Don't throw anything away", where do you put everything then? Especially in the case of mushroom stuff like substrate used in bulk grows or trim from large plants.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: I want to grow but a few questions about security. [Re: ChillWillis]
    #338963 - 01/02/10 05:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ChillWillis said:
People always say that, "Don't throw anything away", where do you put everything then? Especially in the case of mushroom stuff like substrate used in bulk grows or trim from large plants.

:facepalm:

think about it, man...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I want to grow but a few questions about security. [Re: ChillWillis]
    #338965 - 01/02/10 05:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The reason for the garbage thing is that when you put it out it becomes public property and they can search it and get probable cause from it.

Make hash with the trim and just dump what is left in the backyard since it looks like somebody barfed up spinach. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: I want to grow but a few questions about security. [Re: Magash]
    #338967 - 01/02/10 05:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

or compost it :smile:

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: I want to grow but a few questions about security. [Re: Triptonic]
    #338971 - 01/02/10 05:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

destroy receipts. get different garbage bags than you use at your house. throw all the soil bags, perlite bags, and whatever else in the new garbage bags. when theyre full, go find a a dumpster somewhere and throw shit away.

make god damn sure nothing that nothing that can be linked to you is in what you throw away.

trimmings, make hash. i chop up male plants and flush em.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom