Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestarrider

Need Help, leaves are discolored?????????(pics)
    #336687 - 12/26/09 03:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?  SEED
2. How old are your plants?  22 DAYS
3. How tall are your plants?  7 INCHES
4. What size containers are they planted in?  5 GAL BUCKET
5. What is your soil mix?  MIRACLE GROW POTTING SOIL
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?  AS NEEDED, WHEN SOIL DRIES UP
7. What is the pH of your water?  7PH
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?  FIRST, ORGANIC FOOD(8-0-0), THEN STARTER FERTILIZER 18-24-6(MIRACLE GROW), NOW 12-12-12 MIXED IN WATER
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?  N/A
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")  USING 4 - 23WATTS CFL
11. How close are your lights to the plants?  8 INCHES
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?  OPEN AREA. JUST HAVE THE BUCKET SITTING ON THE BASEMENT FLOOR
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?  TEMP IS AROUND 72.4 , HUMIDITY UNKNOWN
14. What is the pH of the soil?  7 PH
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?  SOME KIND OF SMALL FLY. THEY DON'T SEEM TO BOTHER THE PLANT
16. How much experience do you have growing? NEOPHYTE

I realize that I should be doing more in the testing and measuring of the nuits, but I want to move into Hydroponics. I'm not comfortable growing in soil.

I started the seed in Miracle Grow potting soil. At first everything was going well. Than I noticed the turning yellow. I associated this with a def of NPK, one or all three elements. I went out and bought a small bag of starter fertilizer. Miracle Grow again. 18-24-6 was the stuff I picked up. I mixed some in regular tap water. This cleared up the color problem.

But now I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. The top leaves are green in color but the lower leaves are yellow, brown spots and are brittle to the touch.

I am currently following Seemorebuds method of growing buds. This is my first grow. I just wanted to start growing and learn more about the plant and how it grows. I know that I am missing something but not sure what that is or I may have over nuited the plant.

I have two questions, first, can I take clones from this plant right now? and can I start to flower the plant or should I veg it some more?

Or course, what can I do to same this plant?

Can you tell its sex at 22 days or do I need to flower it first to determine this?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Need Help, leaves are discolored?????????(pics) [Re: starrider]
    #336998 - 12/27/09 11:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

can't tell you what the problem is from other then it looks a lot like nitrogen burn where the one tip is burned but the spots may indicate something else.

you definitely will want to veg it longer before flowering and yes you need it to shift to flowering before you can tell sex. a plant that small will barely produce anything and it will probably piss it off somehow to flower so early.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need Help, leaves are discolored?????????(pics) [Re: pha3r0]
    #337009 - 12/27/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm tempted to say Ca def.  Did you have any nute solution drip onto those leaves?

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #337011 - 12/27/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i  believe 90% of yur problem is going to be the fact your using "8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?  FIRST, ORGANIC FOOD(8-0-0), THEN STARTER FERTILIZER 18-24-6(MIRACLE GROW), NOW 12-12-12 MIXED IN WATER" and using miracle grow soil in combination, TOO HOT!!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #337236 - 12/27/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pha3r0 said:
you definitely will want to veg it longer before flowering and yes you need it to shift to flowering before you can tell sex. a plant that small will barely produce anything and it will probably piss it off somehow to flower so early.

This complete bullshit. 

First off, you don't have to flower your plant to be able to tell wether it's a female or male.  After about 6 weeks of growth plants will start to show pre-flowers.  There is a lot of information out there on this, pics and guides if you need it. 

Secondly, it will not "piss off"  your plant to flower it this early.  You can flower your plants pretty much from the time they germinate.  The only problem is that you wont know if it's a male or female until you see the signs flowering after inducing.

OP, yes you can take clones.  But I would try to let your plant get into better health before you do.  Like the previous posters said, it sounds like you probably have too much in the way on nutrients and that's why your plants are suffering at the moment.

Also, soil is easier to grow in than hydroponics man.  Don't switch over to it until your comfortable in soil and growing the dank with it.  You have a lot more wiggle room with soil.  Don't underrate it!

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Need Help, leaves are discolored?????????(pics) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #337241 - 12/27/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry I did not intend to give bad information. I did not know that preflowers developed before flowering began. I should have included a disclaimer about my knowledge level.

As for the second statement upon re-reading it I don't really know what I meant by 'piss off'. I can only think that I saw in a dvd that said very young plants have trouble if forced into flowering. which may be itself bullshit but, that's why I am here.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #337268 - 12/27/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

No problem man, shouldn't have come off harsh on my end.  We ALL still learn every day.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblestarrider

Re: Need Help, leaves are discolored?????????(pics) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #337341 - 12/28/09 12:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you for the information.

Is there any way to filter out the nuits that I put into the soil?  I.E wash the soil out with water or get new soil?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Need Help, leaves are discolored?????????(pics) [Re: starrider]
    #337368 - 12/28/09 07:04 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah you can flush the soil with water

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #337613 - 12/28/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Like said above, you can flush out your containers.  For the size of your containers I would use 8-10 gallons of pH balanced water.  Then when it's time to water again start with a very low amount of nutrients.  Also I recommend you switch to something like Fox Farms Grow Big.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies