Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

wartered last night, woke up today and found problems - W/ pics
    #330260 - 12/12/09 11:17 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

soil: 3 parts ocean forest to 1 part black gold perlite
water: distilled
pH of water: 6-6.5
pH of fertilized water: 6-6.5
water run off pH: 6-6.5
nutrients: fox farm's grow big, and big bloom used at half the strength.

part of me tells me these plants are too small to use fertilizers on, and part of me says the exact opposite.

anyway, it seemed like a good time to water my 3 plants last night. i feel like i need to give the soil more time to air out before watering... but anyway, last night, i made a gallon of fertilized water using the big bloom and grow big at half the strength it says on the bottle.

well, i watered last night using that concentration. i wake up this morning and see that some of the leaves are fucked up and curling. almost drying out. i moved the light UP yesterday too, so its not like the light is burning it.

the bottom leaves on the 3 plants from seed look like theyre turning to shit, should i keep them or cut them off?

Edited by Pilze (12/12/09 11:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: wartered last night, woke up today and found problems - W/ pics [Re: Pilze]
    #330265 - 12/12/09 11:42 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Definitely leave them on.  I always leave any disfigured or dying leaves on until they fall off.  Even if they are dying  the plant can extract nutrients from them.

Did you spray these with anything??  It doesn't look like typical nute burn to me.  What was half strength??  As in mls per gallon.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: wartered last night, woke up today and found problems - W/ pics [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #330269 - 12/12/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i didnt spray the plants with anything at all. i know that will burn them.

grow big says 1 tsp per gallon

big bloom says 4 tbs per gallon.

i used half that much per gallon. these are 2 weeks old, so i think its a nute burn of some kind. i should just use the nutes on the big clones i guess.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#330272 - 12/12/09 12:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i think the soil had enough nutes for the plants for the first month or so like i was originally told. i figured the plants are big enough to water with half of the nutrients the bottles say to use per gallon.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #330288 - 12/12/09 12:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

FF soil is so damn rich you don't need to feed them much, if anything at all.  My sour D mom has been fed about 4 times with the last time almost 1.5 months ago.  She would be close to three feet tall if I hadn't LST'ed her.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: wartered last night, woke up today and found problems - W/ pics [Re: coda]
    #330297 - 12/12/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i just flushed 2 of the 3 i watered last night. i only flushed the 2 i saw problems with. the one that didnt have any difference in its appearance was my mutant, so i didnt flush it, although i am contemplating doing it. its possible this plant wont have any nute burn, but its also possible that it hasnt set it yet. so in that case, its safest to just flush that one too.

i didnt realize FF's OC was THAT rich in nutrients. ill lay off the nutes and only use the distilled water until they look like they need some food.

when u did the LST, how does it continue to grow? do you have any pics? im tempted to try the LST with one of my plants. i want to do different things with each one. first REAL grow so i need practice.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #330303 - 12/12/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/303558#303558

That should anchor you to the post where I started the LST process.  I didn't really outline HOW I did it, but you can get a visual representation of what it looks like.  I start by bending the main tip out to the side of the pot, then i keep going around the edge of the pot tying the main stem down as the side branches shoot and harden up into other "tops"

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#330306 - 12/12/09 01:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

sweet! thats just what i needed to see. so, is the goal to get the growing shoot basically growing straight to the side, like a straight 90 degree angle from straight up? i see you can make it swirl around the pot to get more bud in less of an area.

im definitely trying this!!! thanks coda :

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #330307 - 12/12/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The point of the LST process is to bring the the main tip down below the level of your side branches.  This tricks the plant into thinking the new side branches are now tops and it begins treating them as so.  Going around the edge of the pot helps maximize space and creates a "bushy" effect most times. 

When I get back from the hydro store today I'll snap a pic of the Sour D mom and what she looks like now.

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#330312 - 12/12/09 01:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

does it matter how tall the plant is before tying it down? im wondering if i should do that now with my seedlings.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #330406 - 12/12/09 04:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

LST can be done pretty early on.
I've seen little bent pipe cleaners holding down the growing top of seedlings that only have 2 nodes.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: wartered last night, woke up today and found problems - W/ pics [Re: 81renaissance]
    #330408 - 12/12/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i think ill wait another 2 weeks or so before bending it down, just so it gets another 8-10 inches tall so there will be more budding areas.

im leaving that one alone, im just letting it grow, topped one, and havent touched the mutant yet. im going to let it grow another set of branches before topping or FIMing it. its all just a waiting game now.

im definitely learning a lot... my next grows are going to be insane... i would be doing this on a larger scale if i had the space... i wish i had another tent. one for mothers and the other for vegging and flowering clones. :smile:

one day...

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #330416 - 12/12/09 05:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

actually I think the earlier you can start the better off you will be.  This is because you'll be giving more time for your secondaries to receive direct light.  This will cause an increased growth rate and will allow the stems to harden much faster (plus if you're vegging underneath some flo's you won't have as much stretch).

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#330423 - 12/12/09 05:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

im guessing its perfectly fine to do this with clones. because in that case, i have 2 clones i could do that to right now. theyre both a foot tall or so.

so when i tie it down, do i face the growing shoot towards the light?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#330430 - 12/12/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i just tied one down with this medical tape that only sticks to itself, and tape it to the side of the pot.

hows that look? im thinking about doing the same thing to this one

heres the entire grow as of right now.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #330472 - 12/12/09 07:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Looks ok to me.  When those side branches start getting taller then your main tip, tie them down too!

So here's a couple pics of my Sour D mom, first pic is a top view, second is a side view, third is a view of the main stem so you can see how I tied it down.  Notice the side branches in the second pic?  This is your ultimate grow, to turn those small side branches into nice, long, thick tops.  Then you can just take clones from them, effectively topping each side branch.  When I take my clones I try to move in a circle as to keep the canopy as even as possible.  I stopped training this particular plant because the amount of clones I'll need per run is about 6 (which means I usually take 8 or 9 in case some don't establish) so she doesn't need to have a million available cloning sites.

Again, this is just how I do it.  LST is almost an art form, everyone has their own method (although the base method is the same in each grow) and desired look for their plants.  It looks like you're using painters tape to tie it down, I can suggest yarn as it's a.) cheap b.) easy to find c.) soft so it won't cut into your plants d.) will work a lot easier since you can drill into your pots and tie the plants to your pot (which prevents things like your ties coming undone as is the case with tape or pipe cleaners).  Plus it's easier to get yarn into tight spaces.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #330536 - 12/12/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Also, use a synthetic material, so you don't have mildew/mold growing in it.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: wartered last night, woke up today and found problems - W/ pics [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #330539 - 12/12/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i used a medical tape that isnt sticky, it only sticks to itself. figured it would be good for this. the growing shoot has already started turning toward the light.
?
what do i do when the growing shoot starts growing back up? bend it and tie that down??

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #330543 - 12/12/09 10:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's going to do that, that plant uses cellular stretching to orient itself towards light.  Leave it be for a few days, and then adjust your tie downs to get it down again.

Yeah, that type of wrap should work, expensive though unless your working in the medical field.  We call vet wrap in the Veterinary field, I forget what they call in in human.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
    #331363 - 12/14/09 05:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i love vet wrap. i don't know what they call it in the human world either though.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies