Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehisheater
trigger man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Cutting destroyed overnight!
    #329680 - 12/11/09 02:32 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So I had two cuttings about a 2 weeks ago, both from two separate clones of the same plant. They were both doing just fine, i had a little DIY aero-cloner setup. I put them into rockwool cubes and again were fine for the next few days. Then I put them under a humidity dome. Overnight one of them had spider web- looking shit all over it and what looked like little colonies of mold in 4 or 5 places. Not wanting contamination I threw it out. The web shit was only on the parts of leaves that had deteriorated previously, and the petioles were turning black. There were no pests to be seen and the rest of my veg room did not get affected. Is this a fungus or mold? I couldn't imagine it growing so fast. Seriously it was perfect when i went to bed, and when i woke up it was destroyed. The other clone was not only unaffected, it rooted the next day. The web stuff was about the size of my palm and really erratic. My camera sucks and the pics turned out shitty. Has anyone ever had experience with this? Sorry about the long post, just wanted to cover all the facts.

--------------------
They call them fingers but I never see them fing... Oh wait, there they go.
-----------------------------------------------
Doo Yoo Hookah???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cutting destroyed overnight! [Re: hisheater]
    #329686 - 12/11/09 03:13 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm confused on a couple of things here man.  You started these in an aero cloner, and then put them in rock wool cubes??  Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of the aero-cloner??

As far as the things that are going on with your plant, pics man.  Webs could be some thing like spider mites, other than that I would have no clue.  Sounds very strange.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinehisheater
trigger man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cutting destroyed overnight! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #329688 - 12/11/09 03:49 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well I find the DIY aero cloner gets them off to a nice start, but for some reason roots don't really form. But roots form faster if I put them in the cloner for a couple of days, then into cubes. All the pics I took don't really show anything. Like I said, shitty camera. I can't take more pics now because I tossed the clone in fear of contams to the others. There are no spider mites anywhere for sure and it went from perfectly fine to webs everywhere overnight. I think only a heavy (noticeable) infestation could cause that. No yellow dots,no little insects, and the mold colonies appeared at the same time.

here are the pics

The fuzzy white dots are the mold colonies

--------------------
Doo Yoo Hookah???

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #329940 - 12/11/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like cobweb mold which can be prevalent in high humidity, warm, low air flow situations.  A little hydrogen peroxide will help take care of visible mold while fresh air may help destroy the spores (or prevent them from taking hold again).

Cobweb does appear pretty quick, I've had it take over some buds curing.  Never saw it hit clones but it can definitely happen

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cutting destroyed overnight! [Re: coda]
    #330068 - 12/11/09 09:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

What about an actual spider???  Just sayin...

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinehisheater
trigger man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cutting destroyed overnight! [Re: coda]
    #330071 - 12/11/09 09:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks coda that  sounds like the problem. I'll make sure to get some FAE in my clone chamber. I'd hate to see this take out the rest of the 12 I have in there.

--------------------
Doo Yoo Hookah???

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #330080 - 12/11/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Man, I question this.  Cobweb mold is pretty wispy stuff.  I know it's fast acting, but I would be VERY surprised if that's what your dealing with man.  Is this webbing sticky at all??

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinehisheater
trigger man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #330098 - 12/11/09 10:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know... I didn't touch it. Learned too much about contams at Shroomery. I can tell you that the clone dome was completely sealed so no FAE and it's only big enough for 12 clones so if there was an insect I would have seen it. I'm almost certain it's mold. The fact that it appeared the same time the colonies appeared is too much a coincidence. What makes you doubt that that's it?

--------------------
Doo Yoo Hookah???

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #330107 - 12/11/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It would just surprise me if it went from nothing there to being covered like it was in just 1 night with no FAE.  I clone with no FAE or only do it every couple of days. 

Now it could be cobweb, I'm not ruling it out completely, but  would just be surprised.  Plus you would be surprised how easily a spider could hide amongst 12 clones.  It was probably on the plant that you threw out.  If it was a spider that is.  Just my 2 cents.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinehisheater
trigger man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #330126 - 12/11/09 11:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nah it holds 12 but there were ony 2 in there at the time and I searched every square millimeter of them, i'm very thorough. but I appreciate all the help from you guys.

--------------------
Doo Yoo Hookah???

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale