Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetumebadger
Stranger
caught between bubble bags and iso...
    #314783 - 11/12/09 02:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i have a few lbs of trim (fan and sugar leaf and stems).

now i've done the iso method 20+ times with sugar leaf and stems but never with fan leaves and i've never done the bubble method.

can somebody tell me what has the best yield and which has a higher percentage of thc?

i don't like hash from bubble bags cause it always seems to be real crumbly and crap for quality in comparison to the iso hash.

please help me out with this if u could...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetumebadger
Stranger
Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: tumebadger]
    #314785 - 11/12/09 02:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

also..... could someone give me a link where i can look at a chart maybe of percentages of thc in different types of hash?

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#314836 - 11/12/09 04:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am pretty sure that the iso method yields the highest percent because it not only extracts the surface THC which bubble bags collect but also the THC locked within the plant material.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #314839 - 11/12/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

bubble hash > ISO.  ISO contains water which leaches out chlorophyll, bubble bags extract only the resin heads leaving you with a pure hash.

If you don't like bubble and prefer solvent hashes, look into hexane or butane.  I think hexane would work a bit better for your volume of trim.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: coda]
    #314862 - 11/12/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
bubble hash > ISO.  ISO contains water which leaches out chlorophyll, bubble bags extract only the resin heads leaving you with a pure hash.

If you don't like bubble and prefer solvent hashes, look into hexane or butane.  I think hexane would work a bit better for your volume of trim.

That's why you freeze the iso and majon jar and trim first.

I've made Iso multiple times now and once I figured out the correct procedure, I was able to get amber (no contams) oil that was nearly tasteless and i'd guess ~95% THC.  All I had to do was dip a toothpick into it and put a tiny tiny ball on top of ash.  I'd barely even get any smoke but it was enough to get me stoned still.  Put a nice chunk on top of a bowl and say goodnight.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: Inverted]
    #315014 - 11/13/09 12:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i just made some butane hash oil. Took one hour. Used 7 plants at 2 months of age after an emergency cut down/shut down, and cop visit.
Don't really get high yields but i guess if i had a ton of trim and butane and kept cranking it out all day then refined it all at once. Hmm, be pretty easy......Cheaper than hexane i think........and once you try butane or hexane you'll kick your self for wasting all that trim on iso-hash. It fail's in comparison.

And about the bubble bags. My friends usually keep only 2 of the bags for smoking(the most fine). The others can be used in many other applications. THE FINEST SCREEN HASH MELTS FULLY, AND THE SECOND IS VERY STICKY.

HASH DOESN'T STORE WELL! IT SHOULD BE MADE FOR CONSUMING OR DISTRIBUTING FAST! IF NEED BE THE FREEZER WORKS FOR BUBBLE HASH.
AND BUTANE/HEXANE HASH MUST BE KEPT SEALED AWAY FROM SETTLING DUST/ETC....

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Offlinetumebadger
Stranger
Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #315266 - 11/13/09 07:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

sweet...... it seems like i should freeze first before i do the procedure, no matter which it is.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#315731 - 11/15/09 01:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hey i found out the 70 micron is the full melt. 72 i think it is.

And I've been mixing refined "buddered" honey oil from butane extraction with fine dry sieve done with freezing sugar leaf/ ground bud for very short intervals on a 110.

It looks like really gooey hash. But is VERY! VERY !!!POTENT!!!!!!

was not my idea, but ingenious none the less.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Edited by Ero42oH2o (11/15/09 01:01 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #316447 - 11/16/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, first fan leaves arn't gonna give shit no matter which way you use.
Quote:

i don't like hash from bubble bags cause it always seems to be real crumbly and crap for quality in comparison to the iso hash

Not to be a dick but your doing something wrong. This is bubble hash and believe me it don't crumble.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehisheater
trigger man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: Magash]
    #321336 - 11/25/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

jeezuz christ that hash looks amazing. it's funny how the hash that looks most like shit is always the best. i envy you, magash

--------------------
They call them fingers but I never see them fing... Oh wait, there they go.
-----------------------------------------------
Doo Yoo Hookah???

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: hisheater]
    #321807 - 11/26/09 08:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I hate that black hash the bubble bags make. Need a fucking torch.

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz

Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... *DELETED* [Re: Inverted]
    #321864 - 11/26/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by dr_gonz

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: dr_gonz] * 1
    #324621 - 12/01/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ummm sure no problem.

I mash the trim with my fingers until its basically ground, but powdered can leak plant matter into the final product.

Put the pulverized trim into a mason jar, freeze for 4 hours.

Also put the iso in the freezer for the same duration.

When its all frozen you quickly pour just enough alcohol to cover the entire mixture (mix it up until it has soaked in as fast as you can, but gently!) and ONLY gently mix/swirl everything for 20 seconds... no more because this is where most of the chlorophyll finds its way in. 

Quickly put the contents through a wire mesh strainer to get the main large chunks out... DO NOT SQUEEZE REMAINING PRODUCT!  It will force chlorophyll into the solution and it's not worth the extra yield.

Once again this has got to be fast paced so you want everything ready to go before you start.  Take the almost filtered solution and place a coffee filter in your mesh screen (make sure nothing is left in the screen) and quickly get those contents into the coffee filter.

It won't quickly run through the filter, so I give it a little help with a squeeze, but be careful not to squeeze the ball of plant matter left in the filter, as more chlorophyll can leak in that way.

So now you should have a yellow/amber colored solution that is translucent.  You want to put it into a glass container that you think will be easiest to scrape.  I choose little glass dishes, and only do smaller amounts at a time so it evaps faster.  I double boil the alcohol away to be left with what almost looks like tar heroin in the bottom of the dish, it takes me a couple hours to evap.  With the dish still freshly warm I cut up a credit card to match curvature of the dish and scrape away.  It hardens fast when cooled and is ready to smoke!

If you need me to clarify anything further just let me know, and i'll explain further.  Good Luck

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz

#324623 - 12/01/09 03:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by dr_gonz

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: dr_gonz] * 1
    #327777 - 12/06/09 05:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yep only 20 seconds.

Before

After

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz

#328083 - 12/07/09 01:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by dr_gonz

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: dr_gonz]
    #329666 - 12/11/09 01:16 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

since i moved out of my stupid mother in laws house I've been able to make some better hash/edibles. I really think plain dry sieve hot pressed hash is the best shit around. Bubble bags are just to low of producers, and all this chemical shit gives me the creeps.

Just freeze it, dry sieve on a good screen for a short amount of time with maybe a pound or two, removing all the material from the screen before going on to more. And only sieving for like 30 seconds per hand full. Leaves a really gold kief that when wrapped in cellophane and pressed with a warm wine bottle on a hard floor will yield a great product. You need some good sugary trim to have great results, but i'm really diggin' this stuff, And some heinous brownies.( I added the brownie recipe to culinary cannabis)

--------------------

Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #329705 - 12/11/09 07:16 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

What kind of screen did you use?

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: blueberry D]
    #330969 - 12/13/09 08:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I got some hash on friday from my guy, he said it was from cali and it was bubble bag, iso, and sieve hash all rolled together into this like huge ball. Best hash ever, ive been so unproductive since.:cheers:

--------------------

Offlinephantom
Heavy Hitter
Male

Re: caught between bubble bags and iso... [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #331625 - 12/15/09 03:16 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Holy shit!

--------------------
"You got weed on your brain!"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale