Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestarrider

First Grow
    #329320 - 12/10/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I just started my first grow. I am using an organic food supplement, 8-0-0. This is day ten and I noticed a yellowish tint to the leaves.

Is this normal? I'm guessing no.
Help?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow [Re: starrider]
    #329491 - 12/10/09 07:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Pictures and more information would most beneficial in trying to diagnose your problem.  Your post is the equivalent of going to a doctor and saying "I don't feel good" and nothing else.  Kinda hard to pinpoint the problem with not much to go on :wink:

How old are the plants?
How tall are they?
What kind of lighting are they under?
What's the temps?
How many times have you fed?
Where is the yellowing starting? (old growth, new growth, from the innner leaf to the outer leaf etc)
What size containers are they in and how long have they been in them?

That should get you started, if you can pictures are the best way to solve problems.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: First Grow [Re: coda]
    #329528 - 12/10/09 08:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Your post is the equivalent of going to a doctor and saying "I don't feel good" and nothing else.

QFMFT!!!

I vote this Post of The Day! 

:congrats:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #329530 - 12/10/09 08:19 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Get some balanced food and the problem should clear up. One nutrient isn't gonna cut it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #329615 - 12/10/09 11:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblestarrider

Re: First Grow [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #329665 - 12/11/09 01:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Your right about more information. Plant is 10 days old, using 4- 23w CFL(24hrs), potting soil, using organic food(8-0-0), temp 77.8, feed once a day.

I read last night that I am missing a balance of N-P-K. I need more N in my plant's diet. I'm going to switch it out and try a new fertilizer.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #329732 - 12/11/09 10:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You said the stuff you were using was 8-0-0. Why do they need more nitrogen when the only thing you were giving them was nitrogen?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #329737 - 12/11/09 10:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:andyistic:
Quote:

You said the stuff you were using was 8-0-0. Why do they need more nitrogen when the only thing you were giving them was nitrogen?

And this.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblestarrider

Re: First Grow [Re: 81renaissance]
    #330161 - 12/12/09 01:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Reading a book and it stated that the more N the healthier the roots would be. And it seems that there wasn't anything else that the plant was getting, so I went out and purchased 18-26-6. Well it stands to reason that I added to much fertilizer. The plant went droopy and hasn't recovered. I added 1/2 tbsp to 2c water. A bit much.

Guess I will have to try again.

--------------------

William Blake

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #330164 - 12/12/09 01:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm sorry to tell you but you just killed that plant!

You should have given it that much for a gallon of water!!!!

Way too concentrated and i've made that mistake a few times back when I started doing this.

Sorry to say man but i'm almost positive she is fucked for sure!  :nonono:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow [Re: Inverted]
    #330287 - 12/12/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I noticed a couple other things too that I'd like to point out.

Quote:

potting soil

Invest in some better soil, whether it's Fox Farm, Black Gold, ProMix, get away from "Potting Soil" as that's intended for house plants and not for cannabis.  Common potting soil also may contain bug larvae/eggs which can (and will) decimate your grow faster then you can blink.

Quote:

feed once a day.

Unless you're growing hydroponically there is no need to feed/water your plants every day.  Most plants require a 2-3 day rest between watering.  Knowing that they really don't need much food when they're young. A 1/2 strength feeding once a week is usually all that's needed (if that much).  This is especially true if you're using a nutrient rich soil.

Quote:

using organic food(8-0-0)
I added 1/2 tbsp to 2c water. A bit much.

While N is vitally important during the vegetative stage, there are other nutrients your plants needs that it is most likely not getting (like Fe, Mg etc).  Most "Grow" nutrient lines contain all the macro and micro nutes your plant will need in the veg state.  I can recommend Fox Farm's grow big line as a one stop shop for your veg nute needs.  I also think you already know that .5 tbsp to 2 ML's of water is unbelivably potent, in fact you have more food then water.  Make sure you read your instructions on those bottles carefully, they'll tell you the correct ratio for the strength you wish to acheive.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblestarrider

Re: First Grow [Re: coda]
    #330588 - 12/13/09 01:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes I thought that I was going to hear this. And yes I'm a neophyte. Well I would rather learn on ok seeds rather than buying high quality and losing them. I did notice that the plant changed color to green after adding the 18-26-6 fertilizer. It's still growing but it's laying to one side. The leaves are looking at the light.

--------------------

William Blake

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals