Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced Nutrients [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #318110 - 11/18/09 08:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
koons failed botany i heard.  i mean, look at his girl in his sig/avatar.  Anyway, I've done two grows now and used GH Floranova series for both.  I used a few supplements (gravity on the second grow) but nothing too much.  What's the advantage of using the three part system rather than the one?  Like HB said, it adjusts the water for ya and i really like that.  I'm not sure if he was referring to the fn series though.

I've got a near perfect gpa, thank you very much :P

I've used the Flora series, going to try out Floranova soon I already bought the bottles. It's super concentrated and basically 8micro/16bloom = 8floranova bloom. It has added humic acid and you need to shake the fuck out of it. Already I believe I'll like the Flora series more even though it's 3 x as expensive.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced Nutrients [Re: captain.koons]
    #318184 - 11/18/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
koons failed botany i heard.  i mean, look at his girl in his sig/avatar.  Anyway, I've done two grows now and used GH Floranova series for both.  I used a few supplements (gravity on the second grow) but nothing too much.  What's the advantage of using the three part system rather than the one?  Like HB said, it adjusts the water for ya and i really like that.  I'm not sure if he was referring to the fn series though.

I've got a near perfect gpa, thank you very much :P

Good to hear!  You know i was jk bout that and your sig.  Yeah, i think the thing i dislike the most about them is the way they gunk all your shit up.  I spent way too much time cleaning all the hoses and containers during my rez changes.  Didn't have any problems shaking the shit out of those bottles though.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced Nutrients [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #318290 - 11/18/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok guys just so we all know, ALL THE COMPANIES ARE GEARING TOWARD THE CANNABIS PLANT. Simply put there just isn't enough tomato, flower, veggie, fruit growers using hydroponics indoors to have enough business for all the companies to have sell their products.

How many of you have seen a large or for that matter small garden grown indoors hydro or soil under MH or HPS lights at a regular persons house that doesn't have cannabis in it? In my life I've seen 2. People just don't wanna be indoor pumpkin growers.

Now GH, Advanced, Canna, Botanicare, yadda yadda yadda are huge multi million dollar companies and they know this also. So since the majority of the products that they sell are sold to people growing cannabis that is who they are gonna cater to whether they want to say it or not.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinemotherhugger
Stranger
Re: Advanced Nutrients [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #328844 - 12/09/09 12:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

from my experience, once you tinker with the Advanced Nutrients amounts, you can count on the pH staying steady.  it's all about getting dialed in to what your plants want and need, then you're set to go.

at least, this has been my experience.  i rarely have to check my pH these days now that I have the organics in place, but I still check anyway beacuse I'm a little paranoid that way...:wink:

:tongue2:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Advanced Nutrients [Re: motherhugger]
    #328856 - 12/09/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Lol this is only my 2nd grow where I even checked PH... :lol:

Must have been fairly alright or my bagseed plants were heartier than shit, because my tap water is 8.4 and that's what I was using.

This grow i'm actually adjusting the PH, and I haven't noticed too much of a difference except flatter, less ridges on the leaves, so they appear slightly healthier.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlineknowboddy
Stranger

Re: Advanced Nutrients [Re: Magash]
    #328924 - 12/09/09 04:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Ok guys just so we all know, ALL THE COMPANIES ARE GEARING TOWARD THE CANNABIS PLANT. Simply put there just isn't enough tomato, flower, veggie, fruit growers using hydroponics indoors to have enough business for all the companies to have sell their products.

How many of you have seen a large or for that matter small garden grown indoors hydro or soil under MH or HPS lights at a regular persons house that doesn't have cannabis in it? In my life I've seen 2. People just don't wanna be indoor pumpkin growers.

Now GH, Advanced, Canna, Botanicare, yadda yadda yadda are huge multi million dollar companies and they know this also. So since the majority of the products that they sell are sold to people growing cannabis that is who they are gonna cater to whether they want to say it or not.

:wink:;);););););););););)

That may be true, but there's something to be said for the company that not only caters to cannabis growers, but stands up for them as well by not lying about what they're for.

I respect what Advanced Nutrients is doing to push for legalization.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced Nutrients [Re: knowboddy]
    #328950 - 12/09/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Already I believe I'll like the Flora series more even though it's 3 x as expensive.

I'm going through my first grow using this line as well.  Seemed to the be the most popular choice for hempy growing.  So far I like it, I guess I don't have to deal with the problems you guys do though because I hand water.  It is really goopy, but it dissolves pretty easily in a one gallon jug.  The plants aren't complaining either.

I guess I'll save my final verdict until after the buds are dried and cured :wink:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced Nutrients [Re: coda]
    #329134 - 12/09/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Flora or flora nova?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced Nutrients [Re: captain.koons]
    #329241 - 12/10/09 06:38 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Flora Nova

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals