Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe man

LR=land race or low ryder X g13??
    #322523 - 11/28/09 03:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok so got what i was originally told was lowryderXg13.(labeled LR X g13 and for free) anyway they are well over 8 weeks and not even starting to bud. half i put under 12 and one pheno is starting too a little. but i kept 2 under 24 hours one of each pheno.
pheno 1: smells like shit like how i imagine that baby crap pheno ive heard of smells. it grows taller and much less bushy although lots of nodes, showed pistils first of the two and are very long.roundish 3-5 small roundish leaves on auxillary meristems.. sativa dom.

pheno 2:  much shorter bushy very little smell small pistils. maybe slightly wider leaves

anyway is it typical for plants to show a tonne of pre flowers at the nodes.even the ones under 24 hours kept in small pots to keep small but is 12 inches high (tall pheno) when its time to go to flower. or is this a coming from the supposide Low ryder genes?  Or is it perhaps something comming from it being a land race cross. i relize lowryder is part land race.

Let me know your thoughts. thanks. im just hopeing im not wasting flowering these ladies if there going to be hemplike..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejoshisstoned
strange
Male
Loc: Akron
Re: LR=land race or low ryder X g13?? [Re: the man]
    #322532 - 11/28/09 07:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The lowryder is a ruderalis that autoflowers. The ruderalis is not potent and had a harsh smoke. they cross it with other strains to give it any smoking quality. Lowryder is the autoflowering ruderalis with northern lights crossed in so its not gross. The g-13 is then mixed into the strain you've got. Anyway, the ruderalis is garbage! you would have been better off getting real tried and true strains instead of that autoflower nonsense. I grew pure lowryder for shits and giggles once and it was a huge waste of time. it was cool in a sideshow kind of way! go get a real strain!

--------------------
Give me the bat wendy!

Offlinejoshisstoned
strange
Male
Re: LR=land race or low ryder X g13?? [Re: joshisstoned]
    #322533 - 11/28/09 07:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

also, the variety of phenotypes present indicates an unstable hybrid. This may also contribute to your problem as unstable lines must be carefully observed, and thousands of unstable plants must be weeded through to find plants that have similar qualities, then these similsr plants backcrossed repeatedly until you get a steady pheno for all plants. This is how seed companies SHOULD do it to get stable traits. It sounds like they are just producing alot of those seeds withot assuring quality.

--------------------
Give me the bat wendy!

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #322535 - 11/28/09 07:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

joshisstoned said:
The lowryder is a ruderalis that autoflowers. The ruderalis is not potent and had a harsh smoke. they cross it with other strains to give it any smoking quality. Lowryder is the autoflowering ruderalis with northern lights crossed in so its not gross. The g-13 is then mixed into the strain you've got. Anyway, the ruderalis is garbage! you would have been better off getting real tried and true strains instead of that autoflower nonsense. I grew pure lowryder for shits and giggles once and it was a huge waste of time. it was cool in a sideshow kind of way! go get a real strain!

:nonono:
Ignore this.
Many people have grown out Lowryder with great success, and this guy doesn't seem to have the first idea what he's talking about.
The actual LR cross is Northern Lights x Willem's Wonder x ??? (hybrid)
Even if the breeding project was done with Ruderalis both NL and WW are "tried and true genetics" as is Lowryder.
One thing I'll agree with is that it seems to be expressing some autoflower traits (which I would expect from Lowryder), so I'd say just go with it and see how it smokes.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #322538 - 11/28/09 07:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

joshisstoned said:
also, the variety of phenotypes present indicates an unstable hybrid. This may also contribute to your problem as unstable lines must be carefully observed, and thousands of unstable plants must be weeded through to find plants that have similar qualities, then these similsr plants backcrossed repeatedly until you get a steady pheno for all plants. This is how seed companies SHOULD do it to get stable traits. It sounds like they are just producing alot of those seeds withot assuring quality.

Again, this is BS.
Two phenotypes is FAR from an "unstable hybrid", and even Shantibaba with Mr. Nice Seeds discusses up to 4 pheno's for his much lauded Super Silver Haze.
Backcrossing to stabilize actually should only be done when necessary to stabilize a single trait, but effective breeding involves many more foreward crosses than back.  Repeated backcrossing leads eventually to very poor quality weed.
Please stop spreading misinformation AND negativity.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LR=land race or low ryder X g13?? (moved) [Re: the man]
    #322539 - 11/28/09 07:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from Soil & Organic Nutrients.

Reason:
better here.

Offlinejoshisstoned
strange
Male
Re: LR=land race or low ryder X g13?? (moved) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #322543 - 11/28/09 08:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

whatever dude, i grew out lowryer and it was garbage! they needed more of the good strains because it sucked. growing a strain you cant clone is pointless

--------------------
Give me the bat wendy!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LR=land race or low ryder X g13?? (moved) [Re: joshisstoned]
    #322551 - 11/28/09 08:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Time to address the crap I'm seeing in this thread,

Quote:

The actual LR cross is Northern Lights x Willem's Wonder x ??? (hybrid)

The NL x Willem's Wonder plant was crossed to a ruderalis. No other way to get a auto flowering plant esp one that passes the trait to seeds.

Quote:

Backcrossing to stabilize actually should only be done when necessary to stabilize a single trait, but effective breeding involves many more foreward crosses than back.  Repeated backcrossing leads eventually to very poor quality weed.

Not true or NL and Skunk #1 would be garbage. These strains were backcrossed countless times. (Just spent hours talking to Soma, Shanti, and Adam from THSeeds on this issue. We looked like a bunch of squabbling little girls.) Yes the potency of a strain can be lowered by backcrossing but it can just as easily be increased and the same when you ad new genetics it can go either way.

I'm just barely getting into this.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinethe man

Re: LR=land race or low ryder X g13?? (moved) [Re: Magash]
    #322664 - 11/28/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

these were just givin to me rom some guy who got from someone and were not seedbank seeds.

anyone on my actual questions? or maybe i was just misunderstood in my OP. thanks

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #322699 - 11/28/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Not true or NL and Skunk #1 would be garbage. These strains were backcrossed countless times. (Just spent hours talking to Soma, Shanti, and Adam from THSeeds on this issue. We looked like a bunch of squabbling little girls.) Yes the potency of a strain can be lowered by backcrossing but it can just as easily be increased and the same when you ad new genetics it can go either way.

I'm just barely getting into this.

Please get into this more senor Magash!

The BX info I provided was my interpretation of some of DJ Short's articles/book, so I'd like to hear more about the development of NL and Skunk 1 to round out my knowledge.
I know DJ is also a big proponent of outdoor growing as opposed to indoor, and he has his own theories, but he is my only point of reference.
I've also heard you mention conversations with Soma in the past, and I'm curious how it is you've developed relationships with these guys; arguably some of the most respected breeders in the business?

Finally, I kind of resent the "crap" comment, I acknowledged the possibility that the unknown in my equation could possibly be a ruderalis, and the focus of the post was to iterate that just because that one guy didn't have a good LR experience, that was not conclusive proof of its "shitiness"...I do however stand corrected on the fore/back crossing information, again, DJ is pretty adamant that backcrossing only be done occasionally, and I interpreted that as a common knowledge statement, lo ciento.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #322757 - 11/28/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, I will get into the whole thing when I'm not so lazy but as far as how I met these guys. Well I got brought into the whole grow thing by my older brother. I had been drafted out of high school and played some semi pro baseball but a drunk driver hit me and broke my back. Doing the baseball thing was out so I joined my brothers grow. My brother had been traveling to Amsterdam for many years already and was friends with a guy named Neville who founded the original Seed Bank.
Well I went with my brother to Amsterdam and he introduced me to Neville. Then I met Ben Dronkers owner of Sensi Seeds and it branched out from there. Next would be the Dork Master Jam Arjin. Money hungry but knows his stuff.

Now the seed thing started cause I helped Doc Chronic with some of his strains and some of the guys gave me shit about it. Saying if the strain goes bad Doc takes the hit and crap like that but all I did was provide a male NL plant that he used in some of his strains.

Now DJ is a local and he is at the same clubs as often as I am. He provides his seeds to them also. He he he......DJ and I but heads on so much crap it isn't funny. Same with Soma. Many think Soma does his own work but he is a name brand for a bunch of his friends and a couple of his kids.

I wanna take some rips so I'm gonna stop here but not that interesting a story.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #322835 - 11/28/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Pretty fuckin' interesting IMO!
I love the nonchalance: "a guy named Neville"...ridiculous!

I was indeed under the impression that Soma did his own stuff, and I had seen hints that you didn't necessarily agree with his methods, (early on in the life of the Growery you mentioned how you disagreed with his method for fem'ing seeds) but the fact that you have a working relationship with all of them is really cool to me.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #322856 - 11/28/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ahhh...they are all good guys. Some of the people that run the seed banks and are breeders there all came from the states. The guys at THSeeds, Soma, and a couple others.

Soma does some of the strains, his friends do some and so on. I love the guy and his organic beliefs but the femming seeds his way, don't even get me started. I tell ya though the crazy old man can smoke. I'm not shitting ya Soma averages 11 grams a day. Seems to think it's nothing.

Now Arjin over at Green House. He knows his shit but he is a pollen chucker of the highest order.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #322933 - 11/29/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You two should write a book...I would buy it. :grin:  sorry to get off the topic

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LR=land race or low ryder X g13?? (moved) [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #323094 - 11/29/09 06:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Seems like Magash has done almost everything else!
Once the seed business is set, maybe we'll see the book. :grin:

Magash is way up on the list of growers I'd like to meet here in the U.S.  I've got a lot of respect for his knowledge, and he seems pretty cool...for an old guy :lol:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #323098 - 11/29/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

and he seems pretty cool...for an old guy :lol:

:mad:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #323103 - 11/29/09 06:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

mini-maggie put me up to it! :rofl:
I'm way up there as far as the age of the average Growery user is concerned. Goin' on 30!

Srsly, you're a badass, I'm gonna make it out your way someday...I'm still lobbying for a Growery mod gathering.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #323110 - 11/29/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ever around I'll show the grow. No joke, the last friend who made it into the grow room tripped so hard he couldn't breath. :omgawesome:

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#323457 - 11/30/09 04:37 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

eh guys,  my questions hahahah. id love to meet him to. and see whats really going on...  but ya OP

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #323821 - 11/30/09 05:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Your question has been answered!
Quote:

One thing I'll agree with is that it seems to be expressing some autoflower traits (which I would expect from Lowryder), so I'd say just go with it and see how it smokes.

The reason you're seeing so many flowers is that it is FLOWERING.  Its the autoflower genetics.
Landrace genetics have nothing to do with early flowering times.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck