Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

LST and height questions
    #306543 - 10/29/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

With my current plan, I'm only going to have about 30-35" or so between my (air cooled) 600W HPS and the top of my pots. With some (probably heavy) LST, can I still keep 12 plants in 3 gallon pots without burning the tops?

I have a 449 CFM vortex on the way, so I don't expect heat to be a huge problem. I figure I can get the tops 6-8" away from the glass without burning, which would allow me around 2 feet of growing room.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: LST and height questions [Re: God]
    #306638 - 10/29/09 11:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

2ft of grow space is plenty if you ScrOG but like, you wont need as many plants as you have and make sure that the HPS is high enough to reach all of the grow space.

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: LST and height questions [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #306907 - 10/30/09 12:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I know I could do it with a ScrOG, but I need each pot independently mobile. The only way I could use a screen is to put a screen above each pot. Sounds a little tedious. I may have to cut down the number of plants, but I have room for 12, so it's tempting to just fill it up! The grow space is 3'x4', so the HPS will definitely cover the whole area at the height it will be set at.

Any LSTers out there who can say, "Oh yeah, you can easily fit 12 plants in there, here's how I do it!"? :wink:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #306919 - 10/30/09 01:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not sure you are going to find that my friend.  Twelve plants under one 600w light is way too many.  especially with the amount of growth space you have.  LST spreads out the plants.  You could do this grow with one single plant and do just as well, i would think.  but i think most people would agree that 12 plants wont work, but i'd love to see you surprise me.  Got any pictures of the space you're working with?  It'd be helpful to see the space you have with everything set up in it.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#306922 - 10/30/09 01:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That's alot of plants for that small of a space unless you start them in flower under a foot tall.

Even then I couldn't imagine handling that many in such a small space.

thats just me though. Try it out and see if you like it.

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: LST and height questions [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #306993 - 10/30/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I may just have to take it down to nine plants. For my first run in this cab, I'm going to pop 10 seeds, hoping for 5 or more females, so we'll see how those fill it up and go from there.

It's a bummer, since I went through all the trouble to make sure the containers I bought would fit in the cab in a way that maximizes the efficiency of the floor space. Maybe I'll run a SOG in there at some point in the future, so my efforts won't have been totally wasted.

When I pop the seeds, I'll start a grow log with pictures galore. Should happen within the next couple of weeks, getting the cab set up and other setbacks have been getting in the way.

Thanks for all of your help!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
1,867 topic views. 0 members, 236 guests and 151 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.