Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
oneironauts, lucid dreamers, come hither!
    #296631 - 10/13/09 05:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Any other lucid dreamers out there?

lets talk dreaming.

For those of you out of the know, lucid dreaming is the conscious awareness of the fact that you are indeed dreaming, whereupon you obtain the power to fulfill any desire or wish, do anything you can think of.  You can have sex with that girl you've been thinking of, fly to the moon superman style, see what it's like to overdose on droogs, whateva, all the while fully aware you are carrying out these acts in a reality that seems in fact real.

I've been training in lucidity for a few years now.  I've got a few books filled up with nightly dream journals.

Here's a snippet from my very first lucid dream that I can recall...
"...It felt just like normal everyday reality except for the fact that I woke up from a long slumber and realized that I had traveled back in time to my high school days.  I roamed the school halls searching for answers as to why this is happening.  Frustrated with the situation I went outside to get some air.  I climbed up a brick wall like a spider, effortlessly.  I sat on the edge of the roof, feet and legs dangling.  The frustration became a distant memory as daylight instantly turned to darkness.  I watched as the moon made it's grand entrance into the night sky, putting on a psychedelic light show that only I was able to perceive.  The moon was glowing and changing hues, pulsating with the subtle rhythm of the earth's heartbeat.  With each pulse the moon would become brighter, more vivid, and then BAM! A beautiful explosion of colors I have never seen and can't put into words, lighting-like fractals piercing the sky and waves of color rippled overhead... the most beautiful moonrise I've ever seen, then BAM!!! ouch.. another color explosion.  BAM!! another.. ouch! and another! BAM!! this one knocked me over.  I sat up holding my face as it was pounding with pain, BAM BAM!! what the hell!?  I look down. BAM! smack in the face!  I see an old teacher of mine hurling boulders into my face!  I start dodging them like I'm Neo on the matrix.  I took cover and looked at the sky and the light show had disappeared.  I looked back down only to realized a scene change.  I'm now in the bathroom standing in front of a guy.  Then it hits me!  I say aloud, "this must be a dream!"  The guy and three girls didn't respond to this, but only gazed into my eyes and smirked, I then knew I was dreaming.  I closed my eyes and started spinning my body, reveling in an energetic tornado of success.  I opened my eyes, with a smile on my face, and watched as the dream broke down into smaller and smaller pixels, fading into the dark void until I decided to wake up, fully conscious of the fact that I was dreaming..."

So, anyone else have any stories?

Or questions about lucid dreaming?  I'll be glad to answer anything.

If you are interested in lucid dreaming I suggest you go out right now and buy the book "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: oneironauts, lucid dreamers, come hither! [Re: Fox]
    #296638 - 10/13/09 05:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've heard the phrase many times, but I really don't know anything about lucid dreaming other than what you just described.
It sounds incredible; how long does it take to develop as a skill?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#296639 - 10/13/09 05:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I feel like I've had lucid dreams before. Dreams that I knew were dreams.

But I've never 'controlled' such dreams, per se, although I was conscious during the dream.

I might have to pick up that book for more research, but the phenomenon sounds oddly similar to dreams I have recently been having.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: oneironauts, lucid dreamers, come hither! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #296665 - 10/13/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's hard to say..

some people have been doing it naturally since they were kids and all they need is a little kick start to be able to do it nightly, whereas it took me probably a good six months to have my first.  But you're good to think of it as a skill, the more you practice and the more attention you give the skill, the better you'll become at doing it.

You can even take it to a spiritual level.  Once you have honed your skills, you can meet your higher self, or have intimate conversations with spirits or 'others'.

I've heard of a few experienced lucid dreamers coming up with a certain "dream word" or "phrase" where everyone meets in the dream world.  Say you and I were doing it.  I would come up with the phrase "burnt popcorn", but won't tell you the phrase.  We would go to bed, induce ludicity, and I would find you in the dream realm and tell your dream body the phrase.  Upon awakening, if successful, you would be able to recite the phrase back to me.  kid you not, it's happened!

for some good info and interesting videos, search youtube channel for ReeceJones87.  He's pretty skilled in lucidity and has a way with making you want to do it as well.

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
I feel like I've had lucid dreams before. Dreams that I knew were dreams.

there are many levels of lucidity and this is a quality of level 1 lucidity.  You may not be able to control it, or really understand what's happening or why, but you may feel deep down that it might be a dream, or that something just isn't "right".  You can have a full blown lucid dream just by learning to recognize these "feelings that just aren't right".

--------------------

Edited by Fox (10/13/09 06:36 PM)

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#296681 - 10/13/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've had many lucid dreams over the years but they happen less and less often now.

I find it's easiest to impose a lucid dream when it has a sexual context. Like.. I really want to have sex with this girl in the dream and then I realize that it's only a dream and that there are no consequences to my actions so I go for it.

Other than sex, all of my lucid dreams have had to do with flying. Pretty much just one or the other.

I remember my first lucid dream; I was in the world of a Nintendo 64 game called Quest 64 when I suddenly remembered that I had taken the game back to blockbuster the previous Wednesday and that I must be dreaming. My immediate action was to grab the wings item in the game and proceed to fly all around the world. I love my flying dreams. Even moreso than the sex dreams.

I had a lucid dream just last night infact..

Fox, have you ever smoked DMT? I find that for a period of about two weeks after the experience it really enhances your dreams. Shit is crazier than ever yet has a meaningful context.

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: oneironauts, lucid dreamers, come hither! [Re: elcharrosays]
    #296699 - 10/13/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You're so right, using your own desires is a wonderful way to help induce lucid dreams!

I also sometimes find myself choosing flight over sex :crazy2:
It's just a spectacular feeling.  That's pretty nifty that you chose a "tool" to help you achieve flight.  Flying really intrigues me.  I remember when I was learning how to fly, I would always hover a few feet off the ground and then smack down on my face.  Or when you get a running start and can leap great distances but just can't quite get full lift off.

I've actually done some experiments with DMT and dreaming.  I also find that for a couple weeks after my dreams are enhanced a hundredfold.  It seems much easier to achieve ludicity.  I believe "DMT dreaming" and "natural dreaming" both take you to the same place, only DMT is like a cheat code that takes you further with little to no work.  I've had some DMT-like dreams while natural dreaming.  DMT, to me, is the tool to unlock life's precious mysteries, same with natural dreaming.  Both experiences just feel so natural and like they are somehow tied into each other.

Buddhist monks would do very hardcore training in dream yoga to achieve the experiences most of us have the first time we use DMT or ayahuasca, and the experiences of these monks and our dmt accounts are strangely similar in many aspects.  I think there's something very big here that needs much more exploration.

--------------------

Offlinejrjr54321
 User Gallery

#296768 - 10/13/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have been very interested in this subjest for awhile now, i actually went out and bought Intro to Lucid Dreaming book. I find it fascinating at how similiar lucod dreaming, Meditation, and psychedelics have in common. i defiantly agree more research is owed to these subjects.

I unfortunately have terrible dream recall, and have never had a lucid dream. Im working on being more consistent writing in my dream journal to help with my dream recall(first baby steps to lucidity) ... I also am taking a yoga/meditation class and love it. DMT is defiantly an expirerence to have! Just not the easiest stuff to get a hold of regularly.

FOX, have you ever been in an isolation tank? i havent yet, but im going to jump at it the first chance i get.

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: oneironauts, lucid dreamers, come hither! [Re: jrjr54321]
    #296827 - 10/13/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not familiar with that book, but I highly suggest you add LaBerge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming to your collection.  He's THE leading scientist in lucidity and wrote the book based on his own scientific research as to what works best and how you can pick and choose out of many different techniques to help you find what's best for you personally.

Fortunately, dream recall can be improved with a lot of work. Persistence is key.  You should be highly motivated to do this.  Remember all this lucidity training is based around training your subconscious to recognize small defects in the dream world.  Higher motivation and persistence, and the will to succeed, will ingrain the notion in your subconscious that this is what you want to do and you will do it.

Some tips that helped me... Before going to bed at night, this is what I'll write in my dream journal:

13/14 October 2009
(11:15pm - ((record time when awakening)))

_______(title of dream goes here, fill out after recording dream)_______

setting: (record at awakening the setting of dream)
characters:  (record at awakening any dream characters)
dream signs:  (record at awakening any dream signs or strange occurrences)

goal:  (write down a personal goal... for you it could be to remember the setting of your dream, or to remember to record your dream, or to be able to remember to record at least three dreams this week)

-then record the dream upon awakening.

Write all that down before going to bed, then spend 5 to 10 minutes relaxing and thinking about your goal and what you would like to achieve tonight in your dreams.  While falling asleep you should only be thinking about your goal, nothing else.  Also, keep your dream journal and a pen/pencil within arms length while asleep.  When you wake up, just remain relaxed... if you are awake enough to shut your eyes again, do so, if not do something to stimulate yourself enough to be able to close your eyes and not fall back asleep.  Don't move a muscle, don't think of the days tasks.  Focus on what you just dreamed about.  Remember, you don't have to record a full blown dream.  If you can remember every morning to record SOMETHING from your dream, that is success. 

Another thing... if you're sober, you most likely wake up at least 10 times every night.  You may not remember or realize this, but you do.  That's at least a few chances every night to record a dream.  If you find yourself in the middle of the night waking up, immediately think of your dream journal and start recording.  Try and get in the habit of the first thing you do upon awakening is think "dream journal", then relax and recall the dream, once you have recalled all you can, record.

The yoga/meditation should really help you.  Try meditating right before you go to sleep, it's been shown to help dream recall. 

what's this isolation tank you speak of?  sounds interesting

--------------------

Offlinejrjr54321
 User Gallery

#296843 - 10/13/09 10:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

oh my bad, exploring is the book i have. i paid full retail for it and still thought it was a steal($7-8).. it is a great book for learning all about lucid dreaming. 

as far as isolation tanks go. its a enclosed tub of water with a high saline content so you float. the water is right at body temp. so you are just floating in this completely dark, completely soundless, enviroment. you start to lose where your skin ends and the water begins. when you dont have any sensory input your brain starts doing funny things, some people report full on trips completely sober with iso tanks. Its almost like in meditation where you dive deep inside yourself and tune out your senses, but its easier because you dont really have anything to "sense"

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: oneironauts, lucid dreamers, come hither! [Re: jrjr54321]
    #296851 - 10/13/09 10:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

man I'm gonna look around for one of those :thumbup:
it would be like floating in a black void, incredible.

I bet you could really go somewhere meditating in an isolation tank

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#296874 - 10/13/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A few weeks ago I dreamed that I was dreaming while dreaming. A true dream within a dream. I've always had a vivid and extensive dream life but that was a new one for me. My dreams have come back strong since I haven't been smoking much lately. Smoking kills dreaming for me. Nodding is a different story though. I think that's what I like the most about opiates. When I do too much and build a tolerance that makes achieving a nod hard, most of the fun is lost too.

I have lucid dreams very often but have very little control of them. I've had quite a few that I knew were dreams and really wanted to wake up from but couldn't and the knowledge that it was just a dream was little comfort. That dream within a dream that I mentioned was like that.

I bet salvia in an iso tank would be interesting to say the least.

Edited by TripityDooDaDay (10/14/09 12:41 AM)

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #296894 - 10/14/09 12:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ahhh lucid dreaming :bliss: 

Such a fun realm to visit once you get the hang of it, and especially since you can practice every night.

Somehow, mescaline always pops in my head when thinking of the subject.  :smirk:

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Re: oneironauts, lucid dreamers, come hither! [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #296895 - 10/14/09 12:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sleep paralysis is an even more intriguing phenomena :strokebeard:

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#296906 - 10/14/09 01:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

smoking kills my dreaming as well.  vaping on the other hand seems to enhance it :thumbup:

I've had some scary sleep paralysis experiences..
it's not too fun seeing demonic entities a few feet away from you while you know you're awake, but yet can't move a muscle. seems like every time I've experienced sleep paralysis it's had a demonic theme.. which is odd because I rarely have demonic dreams

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
    #296940 - 10/14/09 02:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Drinking alcohol always decreases my chances of remembering something, and pretty much why i barely recall dreams anymore. I haven't drank in two days but getting better again.

For the longest time as a kid i grew convinced that i was abducted by aliens. Only to find out later on that it was just sleep paralysis :crazy2: It seems that "demonic" theme is shared by lots of other people. 

Quote:

EVER DREAM THIS MAN?
every night throughout the world hundreds of people dream about this face

From January 2006 until today, at least 2000 people have claimed they have seen this man in their dreams, in many cities all over the world: Los Angeles, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Tehran, Beijing, Rome, Barcelona, Stockholm, Paris, New Dehli, Moskow etc.

http://thisman.org/

^^interesting stuff

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#297032 - 10/14/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

^^^just another reason why I believe there's much more to dreams than what we know about them.

I can't recall ever seeing that face, pretty crazy though!
I might have seen the face, who knows..  I've noticed that I have a hard time remembering unknown faces in my dreams.

--------------------

OfflineZippy
Needlepoint
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz
    #297035 - 10/14/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
all the while fully aware you are carrying out these acts in a reality that seems in fact real.

IME lucid dreaming has never felt "real." It's foggy and, by definition, "dreamlike." Lucid dreaming is more similar to meditative states than reality.

Quote:

I've heard of a few experienced lucid dreamers coming up with a certain "dream word" or "phrase" where everyone meets in the dream world.  Say you and I were doing it.  I would come up with the phrase "burnt popcorn", but won't tell you the phrase.  We would go to bed, induce ludicity, and I would find you in the dream realm and tell your dream body the phrase.  Upon awakening, if successful, you would be able to recite the phrase back to me.  kid you not, it's happened!

This is some crazy hippy bullshit. ^

Quote:

DMT, to me, is the tool to unlock life's precious mysteries, same with natural dreaming.  Both experiences just feel so natural and like they are somehow tied into each other.

Not true. DMT is just another psychedelic that does nothing more than play tricks on your mind. To say it is anything more than this is foolish. Even Strassman admits he was wrong about DMT's link to dreaming/NDE/psychosis.

Quote:

mel_lonta_tauda said:
Sleep paralysis is an even more intriguing phenomena :strokebeard:

Agreed! :super:

--------------------
Even a fish could stay out of trouble if he learned to keep his mouth shut.
Indoor Floro Troublemaker/ Troublemaker x WW grow
Indoor 1000w HPS Soil Grow- *updated*

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: oneironauts, lucid dreamers, come hither! [Re: Zippy]
    #297037 - 10/14/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

^^^to each his own...

DMT to me is much more than just another drug and plays a very big role in my dreaming and waking life.  But I'd rather not have a DMT debate in this thread.

Lucidity can indeed seem very foggy and dreamlike, you're totally correct.  But like I said before, there are many levels of lucidity and you will have a very different experience at each level.  I find that lower levels of lucidity have very dreamlike qualities and the overall dream is very hazy. 

However upper level lucid dreams, which are usually more difficult to obtain without training, IME are indeed more real than even waking reality.  Often times when I reach upper level lucidity I find myself falling to a lower level simply because it seems so incredibly real that I convince myself that I can't possibly be dreaming.

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
    #297086 - 10/14/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
However upper level lucid dreams, which are usually more difficult to obtain without training, IME are indeed more real than even waking reality.  Often times when I reach upper level lucidity I find myself falling to a lower level simply because it seems so incredibly real that I convince myself that I can't possibly be dreaming.

i know exactly what you mean there. Just last night i thought i woke up, but could have been dreaming all along. Then i woke up this morning kicking my own ass for not trying the lightswitch test. There were some weird visual stuff going on in the dark so who knows if i was up, lol.

OfflineZippy
Needlepoint
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz
    #297093 - 10/14/09 02:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

more real than even waking reality.

:facepalm:

--------------------
Even a fish could stay out of trouble if he learned to keep his mouth shut.
Indoor Floro Troublemaker/ Troublemaker x WW grow
Indoor 1000w HPS Soil Grow- *updated*

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom