Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Hydro Innovations Ice Box
    #295001 - 10/10/09 05:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.horticulturesource.com/product_info.php?products_id=5804

this seems pretty bad ass, its a new way to cool your area by using water.  Just saw it in the catalog I picked up from the hydro shop.  Pretty reasonably priced too.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Hydro Innovations Ice Box [Re: coda]
    #295008 - 10/10/09 05:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I used to have water cooling on my PCs and it is so much more efficiant than air, not sure exactly how that system works though

is it hooked up to an AC unit outside to cool the water or just a radiator ?

EDIT: yeah i just watched the video and it is, that whole setup would probably cost about 2k to build yourself but im sure they would be charging at least 10k for a setup like the one in the video

Water chillers arent that effective in the end and use LOTS of power, you cant suck 6000w out of one place to another without using more than 6000w to do it when your dealing with airconditioning style cooling with compressors and what not

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Edited by NobodyImportant (10/10/09 05:59 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydro Innovations Ice Box [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #295054 - 10/10/09 06:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Water chillers arent that effective in the end and use LOTS of power, you cant suck 6000w out of one place to another without using more than 6000w to do it when your dealing with airconditioning style cooling with compressors and what not

?  Care to explain this some more?

I really don't know much about this system, just saw it flipping through that catalog and thought it was a pretty neat idea.  I have no idea how energy efficient it really is, but in theory the cooling part of it is pretty sound and if you're running a few 1000 watters in a closed grow room it seems like a good addition to have (if it's really as efficient as they say it is).

It's a little too high end for something like my setup, don't need that to cool a 600 watt lamp, but it would be a lot of fun to use I'm sure :smile:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #295087 - 10/10/09 08:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#295197 - 10/11/09 01:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

?  Care to explain this some more?

I really don't know much about this system, just saw it flipping through that catalog and thought it was a pretty neat idea.  I have no idea how energy efficient it really is, but in theory the cooling part of it is pretty sound and if you're running a few 1000 watters in a closed grow room it seems like a good addition to have (if it's really as efficient as they say it is).

It's a little too high end for something like my setup, don't need that to cool a 600 watt lamp, but it would be a lot of fun to use I'm sure :smile:

Im pretty sure thats accurate

Thats just how HVAC systems roll, he said it had a 3HP engine powering the room in the video, I know when I had a HVAC chiller cooling my PC it used about 600w to cool a 250w heat source

It could always run the liquid outside then run it through radiators to cool it off but that dosent work if its hot outside too

--------------------
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Re: Hydro Innovations Ice Box [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #295198 - 10/11/09 01:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Another way this unit could come in handy also is if your grow room is in the middle of your house and you cant vent the air outside properly, the tubing could run just about anywhere pretty easily

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #295201 - 10/11/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If I move into the country someday I'd look into burying a 1500+gal water tank and using it as my reservoir so all I'd be paying for is the electricity for the pump.

I wonder what happens if it's super cold though being in Canada and all. I'm sure underground doesn't get to -50c but freezing would still be a problem.

Such a setup in a sealed room just sounds perfect to me. Oh yeah and figuring out how to run a couple 30kw generators discretely then I can run my 40+kw grow op and retire.

Hell I'd live in the most remote place ever if I could run a 40kw grow op with peace of mind :laugh:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds