Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepftek
Stranger

How much space required for 1 LB a month? How much cost?
    #294548 - 10/09/09 04:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

How much space would be required to produce 1 LB of grass a month? How much would it cost to set up a room? How many plants would be need to be fruiting?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How much space required for 1 LB a month? How much cost? [Re: pftek]
    #294556 - 10/09/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

depends, depends, depends, depends.

a lb a month might be a high goal, it is technically possible but not likely unless you're an experienced grower.

At the very least you would need around 1000 watt HPS, a 3x3 grow area, SOG style grow, and enough plants to fill grow area (SOG requires one plant per sq ft, so 9 plants at the least).

If you were willing to extend your grow cycle by another month you could do a scrog setup and probably get better results.

Anyways, you shouldn't be focusing on producing a lb, you should be focusing on producing high quality herb, getting the strain dialed in, then working on increasing yield.

As for cost, i'd say a minimum of 600-1000 bucks to get all the supplies you need.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: How much space required for 1 LB a month? How much cost? [Re: coda]
    #294566 - 10/09/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So, 9 plants fruiting in one month would produce about a 1lb?

Well, I'm thinking the first grow will take 2-3 months. And during that time I repeat after every month. So everymonth I'll have a flush equaling 1 lb of grass a month. How do you suggest I go about it. 1 lb /month is optimum goals.

Quote:

coda said:
depends, depends, depends, depends.

a lb a month might be a high goal, it is technically possible but not likely unless you're an experienced grower.

At the very least you would need around 1000 watt HPS, a 3x3 grow area, SOG style grow, and enough plants to fill grow area (SOG requires one plant per sq ft, so 9 plants at the least).

If you were willing to extend your grow cycle by another month you could do a scrog setup and probably get better results.

Anyways, you shouldn't be focusing on producing a lb, you should be focusing on producing high quality herb, getting the strain dialed in, then working on increasing yield.

As for cost, i'd say a minimum of 600-1000 bucks to get all the supplies you need.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How much space required for 1 LB a month? How much cost? [Re: pftek]
    #294586 - 10/09/09 05:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dunno, it's possible to pull off a lb with 9 plants.  I just wouldn't count on it til you've got some grows under your belt and you learn your strain more.

Quote:

So everymonth I'll have a flush equaling 1 lb of grass a month. How do you suggest I go about it. 1 lb /month is optimum goals.

well, you would need a decent sized grow area.  You would have to cycle in plants from the veg state every month.  So basically, when you harvest one set of plants, put in another set, and repeat. it would work like this

Say you start with 4 plants, you flower these plants for a month, at the end of the month you stick another 4 plants in the growroom.  Then, when you harvest the first 4, you move another 4 in and repeat over and over.

Like i said though, if this is your first go around don't worry about yields.  Your goal should be learning the process, learning your plants, getting a feeding regiment down, learning how to propagate clones etc.  Once you get the basics down and a grow or two under your belt, you'll be better prepared to increase your yields.

Of course, the more plants you grow per cycle the more you harvest at the end.  So if you're able to have a big grow space, have enough cash and a way to set up multiple lights, you'll give yourself a better chance at success for hitting 1 lb per harvest.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: How much space required for 1 LB a month? How much cost? [Re: coda]
    #294595 - 10/09/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

pftek I like how you call "flowering" "fruiting" and you call a "harvest" a "flush".  You need to spend more time over here and less time at growery.

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: How much space required for 1 LB a month? How much cost? [Re: SmOakland]
    #294597 - 10/09/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
pftek I like how you call "flowering" "fruiting" and you call a "harvest" a "flush".  You need to spend more time over here and less time at growery.

lol, i guess you know where my loyalty lies.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How much space required for 1 LB a month? How much cost? [Re: SmOakland]
    #294608 - 10/09/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
pftek I like how you call "flowering" "fruiting" and you call a "harvest" a "flush".  You need to spend more time over here and less time at the SHROOMERY.

Fixed!  You will also need a mother plant for this to work efficiently.  Like Coda said, get a few grows under your belt and take some clones of your best plant.  then you could start what coda was talking about with the rotation.  You can look up "perpetual harvesting" or something similar in various grow forums and look and see what other people do.  The main thing here is a time investment for you.  That would be a lot of work, especially judging from the starting point.  Read these forums and just spend some time over here lurking and asking these kinds of questions.  You can get there.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix