Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
-PICS- ....Night hike & sunrise from top of Half Dome, Yosemite.
    #289037 - 09/30/09 09:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So i finally got around to uploading pics from the half dome hike me and a buddy did over summer.

We wanted to see the sunrise from the top, so we got on the trail around midnight or so...Hiked underneath a full moon, with the entire trail to ourselves. Got to the top around 4:45am if memory serves me correct.

This was my first time doing the hike, hiking up through the night didn't feel real at all, it was very surreal and felt more like a dream/trip. Needless to say the view from the top was jaw dropping, and well worth the hike.

Now in this next pic, see the little cave/hole on the point that's extending over the face. That's where me and my buddy slept for an hour or two, and smoked a few bowls. It actually extends out over the face, and it's 4,500 feet down to the valley below.

The view from from inside was awesome>>>

And if you leaned out a little bit it was even better>>>

I was just starting to get some real sleep, then i realized we weren't alone, and these little guys woke me up >>>

It was a great feeling looking back at that big rock...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: -PICS- ....Night hike & sunrise from top of Half Dome, Yosemite. [Re: openmind]
    #289039 - 09/30/09 09:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

very beautiful! ....but fuck climbing off the edge into that cave thing that dangles over the canyon.. got balls indeed

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: -PICS- ....Night hike & sunrise from top of Half Dome, Yosemite. [Re: openmind]
    #289040 - 09/30/09 09:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dude fuck yes for posting this. I love hiking and climbing mountains. The half dome in Yosemite is one of the iconic rock formations in North America, that must have been a trip to be up there for sunrise.

5 leaves for you, when I come back I'll post some pics from my hiking expeditions this summer.

--------------------

Offlineblunt master
up in smoke
Male

Loc: NY
Re: -PICS- ....Night hike & sunrise from top of Half Dome, Yosemite. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #289041 - 09/30/09 09:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

that looks amazing brother :hippie:
your lucky

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Re: -PICS- ....Night hike & sunrise from top of Half Dome, Yosemite. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #289051 - 09/30/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
very beautiful! ....but fuck climbing off the edge into that cave thing that dangles over the canyon.. got balls indeed

Yes it was very beautiful. Pictures just don't do justice to the sheer size and beauty.

The funny thing is, i used to have the biggest fear of heights, really bad. Now, being high up and what not doesn't bother me one bit :shrug:....Just gotta be careful.

And another thing, i was soooo damn stoned when i took that picture haha.

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Dude fuck yes for posting this. I love hiking and climbing mountains. The half dome in Yosemite is one of the iconic rock formations in North America, that must have been a trip to be up there for sunrise.

5 leaves for you, when I come back I'll post some pics from my hiking expeditions this summer.

Yeah it was pretty amazing. Yosemite is pretty much in my back yard, just a drive up the mountain...So i've been there many times, but this was my first time doing that hike.

It was indeed quite a trip being at the top during sunrise. The hike up alone, at night going through forest and up steep granite switchbacks next to waterfalls, with the trail to our selves, and the way the granite sparkled in the moonlight...I really felt as if i was tripping, or in a dream...It was just so cool!

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #289065 - 09/30/09 10:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Reminds me how much I love Yosemite.  Did a 5 day backpack through the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne from White Wolf back to Tuolumne Meadows one year ago (last summer).  I am really itchin' to get back out there... especially after seeing this post, and also having caught the Ken Burns film, "National Parks: America's Best Idea" on PBS earlier this week!

The water of the Tuolumne River pooled here
making the best swimming hole I've ever swam!

On the heels of some elevation gain,
and under a hot sun; it was pure ecstasy.

Our final destination: Tuolumne Meadows

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

#289067 - 09/30/09 10:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

great pics! :thumbup:

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#289070 - 09/30/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:aweoverdose:

Chipmunks, ftw.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: -PICS- ....Night hike & sunrise from top of Half Dome, Yosemite. [Re: meatcakeman]
    #289107 - 09/30/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

absolutely fucking amazing dude.  what I would give to do something like that.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: -PICS- ....Night hike & sunrise from top of Half Dome, Yosemite. [Re: meatcakeman]
    #289126 - 09/30/09 12:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

awesome pics. nature is beautiful. you too geo.

Quote:

meatcakeman said:

Chipmunks, ftw.

fuh sho :rofl:

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

Re: -PICS- ....Night hike & sunrise from top of Half Dome, Yosemite. [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #289134 - 09/30/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:

Quote:

meatcakeman said:

Chipmunks, ftw.

WTF! Chipmunks from the future! The year 2019?!?!?

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #289136 - 09/30/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

lil nig is serious.

why you up in my crib yo?

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #289217 - 09/30/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Greaaaaaat pics openmind! :congrats:

watch out for those chipmunks, they'll eat your head off man

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

#289275 - 09/30/09 05:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:

Quote:

meatcakeman said:

Chipmunks, ftw.

WTF! Chipmunks from the future! The year 2019?!?!?

Haha yea, crazy thing is...Thinking about how they got up to the top!? I mean of course they could walk up the side of half dome, but that's one long steep rock to be climbing up for a chipmunk. And what do they do up there during the winter!?

They weren't bashful at all, they would come right up to ya.

And Geo those pics are awesome. I can only imagine how nice that pool was in the Tuolumne river, after hiking for a while.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order