Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemycomaster_420
God amongst men
Male User Gallery

How the hell can i do this....
    #286114 - 09/25/09 11:27 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well i have both the CDs of Command and Conquer: Red Alert. Old school i kno....but my problem is this...it only runs on Windows 95 and i have XP. How the fuck can i be able to play it on my new comp??

Please try to be as descriptive as possible (and maybe show a link to an emulator or w/e i need) as i am not a big computer geek. Thank you.

--------------------
Everything I post is in fact entirely fictional

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: How the hell can i do this.... [Re: mycomaster_420]
    #286117 - 09/25/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

From the wikipedia page for the game

Quote:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert can be directly installed on either Windows XP and Windows Vista. However, upon the first installation attempt the installer notifies that "Red Alert can only be installed on Windows 95" if an installation is attempted on either of the two operating systems. It is possible to install the game with the assistance of the Red Alert Manager, a program that manages the installation, program updates and Vista compatibility in one easy installation.
The Red Alert Terrain Editor also has compatibility issues on newer operating systems. In order to successfully run this program under Windows Vista or Windows XP the program's executable file needs to be configured to run under Windows 95 or Windows 98 compatibility mode. This will allow the program to operate smoothly under the Windows Vista OS.
It however, also remains possible to manually install the game and its expansion packs, by running Red Alert's executables in Windows 95 compatibility mode, and by replacing the "Thipx32.dll" file which the game installs within its main directory with an updated version[1]. On the other hand, EA Games had released Command & Conquer: First Decade on two double layer DVDs which consists of all of the C&C games up to and including Generals and its expansion. This compilation of all C&C games is the easiest way to install even the original C&C Tiberian Dawn, which came out when Windows 95 was popular. It is however possible to install the DOS version of the game by setting the setup in Windows 95 capability mode and then run it in MS-DOS.
All versions of Red Alert, as well as the demo, are rated gold in Wine [18] and are marked as "supported" in DOSBox [19].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_conquer_red_alert

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offlinemycomaster_420
God amongst men
Male User Gallery

Re: How the hell can i do this.... [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #286140 - 09/25/09 12:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Nobody Important....ur the shit. I been meanin to do this for like 10 years it seems. Im playin it as we speak, thats a +5 to u goodsir and THANK YOU!!! :rockon:

--------------------
Everything I post is in fact entirely fictional

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: How the hell can i do this.... [Re: mycomaster_420]
    #286157 - 09/25/09 12:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

No problem dude, I have the same problem with some of my older games, but now I mainly use OSX

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order